X-realm bgs can NOT be a thing

I don’t see a official post on this yet, but everyone has to realize this would be HORRIBLE.

The only chance for classic to bounce back and succeed after this horrible phase 2 launch is realm specific BG’S. Why would horde ever transfer and balance pvp servers if there is no reason to? Realm specific bg’s help this considerably. People WILL transfer for faster que’s.

I really hope it is realm specific. its better for the game.

22 Likes

Weird because it will be a thing :thinking:

35 Likes

they were comfirmed like a year ago

15 Likes

i really hope not

2 Likes

We’ve known for a long time now that it was going to be x-realm BG’s…

7 Likes

CLearly plans… as example diremaul?> moved up bgs?

1 Like

not crossrealm…

Battlegroups.

For people who whine “no changes”…
you people seem to want a lot of changes.

9 Likes

The thing is, horde aren’t going to fix the problem themselves even if you threatened them with 6 hour ques. You don’t see horde jumping at the chance to even the odds on Heartseeker; they’re leaving the horde on those realms to suffer the way alliance do.

That being said, unless something drastic happens, cross-realm BGs will not grant horde fast ques. The alliance who picked PvE servers did so for a reason; they don’t want to PvP.

5 Likes

You speak truth. My bet is even if they open the free realm transfers after battlegrounds, not enough horde will realm change.

1 Like
  1. How are there still people who don’t know BG’s will be cross-realm?

2. The queue times for horde will be under 10 minutes, because blizzard will put the PvE servers and the PvP servers together. The total imbalance across all servers is only like 55-45 or maybe 60-40 at worst. At 55-45 the queue times would be about 3 minutes.

3 Likes

gonna suck so bad, I recognize so many horde on my realm right now, and in 20 days I’ll probably never see any of them again.

3 Likes

I’m fine with cross realm BG’s. I recall waiting for 45 minutes for my BG queues to pop before they implemented cross realm. Things got a lot better after!

4 Likes

Nothing you can do will make Horde CHOOSE to transfer to servers to fix Alliance population issues.

Keep suggesting different punishments or even bribes, but it’s not going to happen. Quit or reroll to a pve server.

I think there are about 30 realms, if WSG has 10 people(and if all realms were of equal size), you should see someone from your server every 3 games on average.

If it were up to me, I would put a 3-minute timeout on queues before they became crossrealm. And I would create a priority system which attempted to match you with people from your own realm first.

1 Like

just because somebody’s from my realm won’t mean i recognize them. if i play with someone from my realm once every 3 games, but there’s a thousand people on my realm, i’d have to play like 3000 games just to see somebody twice. can’t learn to recognize people that way, everybody’s just a random.

I assume the people you recognize by name are people who play a lot. Those people will also be playing a lot of BG’s. There might be a thousand people on your server who will BG, but 50 of those people will spend more time in BG’s than the other 950 combined.

But I agree that Netherwind in particular, since I think it is one of the smaller servers, will be a much rarer sight in BG’s compared to Faerlina or Herod.

its going to be cross realm already

I doubt that every realm is going to have single-realm BGs. I also doubt that every single realm in the game is going to be connected together into one big pool of BG players.

If it works anything like 1.12 and TBC actually did, it’s gonna be through the battlegroup system (where one battlegroup is the pool of a couple of hand-picked realms). Considering how large that many of the Classic servers are, I wouldn’t be surprised if some servers were both large and balanced enough to have a battlegroup all to themselves.

For instance, Grobbulus would fit this criteria very well, though it might also be bundled in with Deviate Delight, its sister server, into an RP-PvP battlegroup. But that’s a pretty damn good compromise imo.

1 Like

Coming from someone who played vanilla on a medium-sized server back in 2005. Cross-realm is both good and bad. On the one hand, BG’s before cross-realm did give PvP a certain rivalry/community because it was usually the same bunch of people.

But ignoring the sometimes insanely long queue times, going up against the same bunch of guys sucks if they are better than you. The best horde guild on our server would queue up as a full premade and just roll alliance all day long. And since our server was alliance-majority, that was often the only game going. You would join it and get farmed till you got bored and /afk’ed out, just to wait 30 minutes for another queue, and it was the same people again.

At least with xrealms most games will probably be “more fair”.

2 Likes

Everyone would quit if it wasn’t.