X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase

As long as I did nothing else, I could do my 10 in 45 minutes. So 12-13 an hour. 3 hours. It will be close, but be on at reset and you can get around 40 done in 3 hours.

1 Like

I really don’t want to loathe/hate on Chimes or any of the reward devs. Yet here I am.

Getting a “We know this sucks” and then basically be told “Do it anyway, but here’s a fraction of a crumb” makes it is what it is.

10 Likes

Yeah, He didn’t change anything after acknowledging some fundamental issues with this grind. The change is like a placebo effect because just a % received the mount now but there’s still a lot of players griding the same unfun fight, multiple alts, instance limit…

1 Like

Did you get the mount armor?

It’s not about Mental Health - it’s about the potential “Joy Ratio” of the game :slight_smile: We get that it’s a rare mount - I’ve been playing this game for close to 17 years and there should be a path to getting a mount AT LEAST with a similar model lol :slight_smile:

Denying people year after year is also not a path to mental health or happiness… So I would say it can twist your definition of what’s healthy perhaps??! ahah :slight_smile:

I’m not UNHAPPY about it - I am trying to work WITH Blizzard to come up with solutions - that is what makes this game awesome - they listen to their Subscribers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I doubt it…but good comment overall.

1 Like

the reply’s in this are insane, people care more about cosmetics/achievements than actual gameplay WILD the forums are very telling when you see that many views and reply’s, no wonder the game has just been getting more and more like a model simulator.

If Blizz will do it I will trade that mount to someone for one of theirs. Blizz? Trade our mounts?

1 Like

Another year without the mount, tomorrow iirc is the last day to try.

Tomorrow will be my last attempt. I’m planning to unsub if the mount doesn’t drop it’s just not fun anymore or until maybe next expansion. This event has broken me.

5 Likes

Yeah id have said the same thing but the inevitable “OMG you’re gonna quit over pixels.” trolls would show up. They will be after you now my beefy friend.

There’s X amount of player types, there’s even roleplayers that don’t care about other parts of the game. Actually its weird that you mentioned gameplay because if you read this whole thread, there’s several ideas regarding new gameplay for this boss fight, besides that cosmetics and achievements are permanent rewards for your account compared to gear that you change from 1 season to another.

I’ve a thread specifically about gameplay for this event on the PTR, We should have a PvP brawl, an invasion or some kind of world event…more replayability in holidays.

Looks like I’ll end another Love is in the Air event without the X-45. I’m disappointed, but I’m not gonna quit playing the game over it. I’ll just try again and be disappointed next year.

Oh, they need to update the dungeon event. It’s way easy.

2 Likes

@linxy and @chimes.

I just unsubbed tonight, my playtime expires in may. I put your names as the reason I quit, you promised changes to this event to make it more fun and said you knew it was a problem. This event is toxic, years of doing it have broken my will to stay subbed. Once my sub expires I’ll probably check out the new expansion, maybe maybe not. Whatever I decide I’ve unsubbed because of the horrible way you have treated your paying customers who have been farming this mount for years

3 Likes

Maybe you don’t care for cosmetics or achievements but other people do. I’ve already got KSH and AoTC a while back, my guild stopped raiding, so I use my time to collect things and do achievements. Yo can be interested in several aspects of the game at the same time, they are not mutually exclusive.

1 Like

So you’re putting the blame on people who have no actual power to change anything? Do you also complain at to the starbucks employee and blame them for anything stupid the CEO does?

Chimes is the reward Dev that changed it…Linxy is a CM that can share the feedback with Devs. Maybe they don’t have the power directly because it involve time for the change, budget…etc but they could start the discussion like they did before, better communication with the playerbase in order to avoid this frustrating experience. Ask the user.

1 Like

what about a tripod ufo shaped rocket

Yes I am blaming chimes and linxy.

No I don’t complain to Starbucks employees.

1 Like

Another year, another running 21 characters a day for 2 weeks and the Heartbreaker has broken my heart yet again. I heard the first run everyday had an increased rate of .1% chance of getting it. Like that’s a good thing. Raising it to 1% would still be dismal. What bothers me most is I’m now in my 70s. I fear I will die before I ever get this thing. Been playing since Vanilla and going for this since it started. Need to come up with something clever about it to have engraved on my tombstone…

Not sure which is more frustrating, waiting to get the Love Rocket, or for George R.R. Martin to finish writing Winds of Winter.

6 Likes