X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase

tbh 15 toons a day x14 days x14 years i feel like blizz could 100% careless about the people who stress every year and do this on multiple toons - and it clearly shows because their “fix” for this was to increase drop on the first kill per day, catering to the casuals who don’t really care to spend more then 3 minutes tryin to get it anyways.

3 Likes

Take a page from Headless Horseman and allow us to increase our drop chance per character. Now, this may lengthen queues due to the fight taking longer, but wouldn’t that be better than farming it on an army of alts if each kill’s loot chance would be much higher?

1 Like

And here I am well over a thousand kills this year, and my 2 friends who both just logged once a day to do one kill got it. Feels like a slap in the face.

5 Likes

Exactly this. I’ve got well over 4000 attempts between 2 accounts since the mount was first added and no mount yet. I know there are tons of other veterans out there in the same boat, some with a lot more attempts than I have, but to heck with us I guess. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

It really is a slap in the face to see all the “nEvEr TrIeD fOr ThIs MoUnT b4, GoT iT oN mY 3Rd KiLl” posts on Facebook. I had to snooze all my WoW groups for 30 days because I was too salty. :rofl: :sob::broken_heart:

7 Likes

even this thread alone…you got it? cool. i don’t care cuz i didn’t :rofl: :sob:

4 Likes

huge shock, no mount.

time to sleep now.

I got mine back in 2020… I wish the drop rate was improved significantly so others could have it too :frowning:

455 runs, and every single one makes me hate this game more and more.

7 Likes

Yeah, it is a bit like that.

I found myself just hating anyone who reported getting it ~_~

1 Like

“firST tRY! It MUst BE aN eASY DRop rAtE!”

Yes, it must be an easy drop rate based on your single digit sample size.

11 Likes

That’s me next monday…after Depression is in the air is over…

3 Likes

@Qwaterpound

I just got it!!!

16th alt run today. I opened my boxes today inside the dungeon if that even makes a difference.

My heart dropped.

Good luck keep trying!!!

5 Likes

literally me

7 Likes

Same…And i can’t post gifts, so its more depressing.

1 Like

I’m sorry Naamah :frowning:

I did get mine today, bloody finally. Successfully transferred it from my 2nd account and it’s now learned on my main. But I can’t enjoy it as much knowing that you and Qwaterpound suffered along with me for another year and didn’t get it :confused:

4 Likes

The drop rate WAS increased, but only for the first run of the day. We still don’t know what the actual drop rate for the first or for subsequent runs are. Some have suggested a 1% drop rate for the first attempt of the day, which means it is still likely to take years.

I have a friend who used to play who thought that a new player/new account or expansion purchaser was more likely to get a rare drop than someone who has been grinding it out over the years. My rather limited experience suggests this might be true. Or maybe my observations are merely of a series of coincidences.

4 Likes

I do the equivalent of YEARS of attempts (for someone with only one toon) in a single day. The first year or two it was a boss drop and you could farm it, and I did a ton THEN. This year I have days where I’ve made around 45 attempts, and I don’t have the manuscript OR Love Rocket to show for it.

But you’d rather troll players, apparently.

2 Likes

My spouse got it. He probably has one percent of the kills that I do across the time it’s been in the game. This year, he did his one attempt per day. That is IT. He doesn’t even LIKE the mount and admits he’ll never use it. I do up to 45 runs a day. No Love Rocket, no manuscript.

4 Likes

Monday morning is only good if (a) you didn’t do attempts on Sunday, and (b) they don’t do an emergency server maintenance.