X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase

Same, 4 or 5 of the toys but no rocket. And the biggest ‘slap in the face’ was getting 2 toys back to back. The odds of two 1% items in a row is probably a LOT rarer than the unboosted rocket chance.
And yet I get THAT bs “luck”.

I hate rng :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

0.01% in fact.

Assuming the reported value of 1/3333 is accurate for the unboosted chance at the rocket, that’s 0.03%.

So, three times as likely to see an unboosted rocket drop than to see two consecutive 1% drops. But of course “three times as likely” is all relative at low probabilities like this.

1 Like

Just my luck to get THIS as my luck, and not the rocket.

Excuse me whilst i go cry :cry:

So, I was not in this group prior to joining LFG for Hummel, and one of them opened the box, and got this.
Imgur

2 Likes

That’s extremely interesting, as I’ve seen people loot the Rocket, learn it, and not seen anything in the chat.

I’d be very interested in seeing more screenshots, as I checked every alt that I ran yesterday and saw no one else loot anything - yet I’m fairly sure I HAVE seen other people get tokens before.

Very curious to know what the differentiating factor is. That screenshot was from this year? I can imagine that before the boxes became push-personal, the loot was possibly visible.

I grabbed it a couple minutes before posting it here.

You guys need to increase the chance. Im still running 15 toons a day through this event and still not getting not only the rocket to drop, but the saddle isnt dropping either. I understand the concept of rare but really? I shouldnt have to run 15 toons a day to try for these items. If I was only running one toon it might theoretically take 15 years for this thing to drop. Talk about fun sponge. Any of these holiday mounts should be obtainable within the time frame of the holiday. If not why have them? Why have rare drops if everyone will eventually get them? Its bad enough the drop rate in raids are low but a holiday mount that everyone participates in should absolutely be able to get.

4 Likes

I feel you, 104 toons a day this year (keep adding more toons each year). Still no manuscript (saddle).

my rogue would look mega-adorable on this mount.

(and my rabbit would never dismount) RABBIT ROCKET!! WHEEE!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::rabbit: :rocket:

1 Like

2 more days Copium

No. F-ing. Way.

Guys, I think it happened.

1 Like

I am over 40 a day (across 3 accounts) and still no mount or saddle

I still don’t have it, but I did get the “Love Armor” transmog for dragon.

1 Like

First kill of the day on one of your accounts? For the record, no mount or saddle for me so far.

Yeah - but now I have to transfer the character to my main account, and it’s taking a long time.

I’m almost convinced that something will go wrong, because it’s me. It couldn’t possibly just be easy xD

2 Likes

Grats. I don’t think I’ll be doing this again next year like I did this year. Just do first kill of the day and move on. The chance to get it on subsequent alts is just too small and seemingly a waste of time.

On the other hand, some long dormant alts finally hit 61 and I’ve had some practice tanking on some specs now.

I would honestly recommend that highly. If you’re intent on boosting your chances, then I think the cost of a second account (which is essentially worth 30 alts at the original drop rate) is the way to go.

You don’t even need to do separate Battle.net accounts - apparently if you have multiple accounts on the same BNet, if you run them in the dungeon together then both will get a “first try” box. I’m not confident enough in this to abstain from the multiple BNets but if you already had a 2nd account running then it couldn’t hurt to try.

1 Like

I did do this. I reactivated two sub accounts that I’ve had for years to Recruit a Friend myself back when 2 seat flying mounts weren’t available from alchemy yet. But then I’ve heard different stories of people saying they need to be separate Bnets so I’m not sure if I wasted my money or not.

So I misread what you wrote. Yeah, I didn’t group up my two toons in the same party :frowning:

It is absurd that players are going to these lengths to get this mount. Blizz - you can fix this! This mount is so old now you just need to do the needful here.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s pretty stupid IMO that the accounts on the same Bnet don’t get the boost. They pay the same sub, it should have the same chance.

It is absurd that players are going to these lengths to get this mount. Blizz - you can fix this! This mount is so old now you just need to do the needful here.

Um, no? If anything they should lower the drop rate - now that I’ve got mine, I’ll be DAMNED if anyone else is allowed to get theirs!

I kid, I kid. But that’s the attitude that a lot of people have, including the reward devs it seems. They value the experience of those few who farmed for years and DID get it over the majority who farmed for years and DIDN’T.

1 Like