X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase

Im right there with you. I do like 20 or so a day. : / Getting tired of it. Be happy once the event is over so i can go back to wanting to break my face on my keyboard and Heroic rag for my 3500 kill q.q

Just you wait until tomorrow~!

1 Like

385 runs this year alone, not counting the other years worth of attempts. I dare you to show up in these forums again and tell us that the drop rate was actually increased. This event, and your “fix,” are pathetic.

3 Likes

I can’t believe blizzard continues to let this love rocket drop rate continue for two years despite acknowledging it was broken. They hot fixed the drop rate for panderia world bosses in a day. Why don’t you just change it now there are 4 bloody days left on this event.

Careful, they’ll add in “bad luck protection” like they did for the legendary lol.

I mean, the drop rate WAS increased. That’s just a fact. If you frequent any of the mount farming Discords, you’ll notice the last two years have had an exponential increase in reported drops.

Which kinda makes it worse, in my opinion. Or at least it FEELS worse. Because instead of it being this once-in-a-lifetime chance, it’s something that people are getting left right and centre. Instead of feeling like “Wow, I’d be SO LUCKY to get it!” it now feels like “Wow, I’m SO UNLUCKY to not get it” - especially those of us running multiple accounts for the boosted chance or alt armies (or both, in my case - although not as big an alt army as some)

Doing some napkin math, I had over 50% chance to see it drop this year. But nada. Next year I’m doubling my accounts - literally gonna have to save up from like October to do it, but oh well. Hope Blizzard enjoy wringing money out of the disabled XD

2 Likes

Linxy…Yayyy you’re a Jelly cat now in your forum profile pic …Could you address this thread? Maybe as Community Manager reach Devs like Chimes again and share the amount of frustration among the playerbase, the same issues persist with this grind taht he mentioned 2 years ago. Maybe start conversations about the new changes to holidays that we couldn’t test on PTR.

2 Likes

This is why I like FFXIV mount collecting. If it doesn’t drop/I don’t win the roll for the mount after so long I can eventually just use the currency I get for beating that fight to buy the mount.

While I would say Blizzard stands to gain a lot from a similar system, I know it’d be false because a lot of what keeps WoW going is the absurd lack of any sense of determinism past running the place that drops the thing. So a system like that would take a sledgehammer to their existing status quo that expects players to offset the lack of engaging content to fill an entire week by chasing mounts implemented over a decade ago on their alts. If players had a currency that was character bound all of that content would have a very visible expiration date after patch for the bulk of players, especially the ones with coveted mounts. That said they could make the amount really high but if it’s 6ish months people will freak.

2 Likes

Because their reward Devs design goals instead of slot machines. I saw some improvements in recent mounts from last patch but there’s like hic ups with Blizzard and besides that the old cosmetics that were implemented as a massive RNG gamble like this one and it’s weird that Holidays that are limited time events are the worst scenarios.

They can create evergreen content that’s not dependant on RNG like its the instance now, they already removed the charms grind, now you’ve the boss as a possible daily source of love tokent, then add Power Runes, XP potions, a new whole cosmetic set into this vendor instead of trading post and let the players grind Love Tokens via gameplay, besides the boss fight, add a pvp brawl with a love token reward, a whole new world event…etc

Provide replayability and good rewards…

You can see it if they open it.

No, you can’t.

You only see what they get from the boss corpse. You’ll never ever see "Malignia loot [X-45 Heartbreaker] - the only thing you could possibly see is if I opened the box AND learned the mount inside the dungeon, you’d see the achievement pop up.

But notice you never see anyone get Toxic Wasteling, Forever Lovely Rose, Vile Fumigator’s Mask etc. It’s the same with the Love Rocket.

Believe me, those of us who have been farming this for years are INTIMATELY familiar with exactly how all the mechanics of this event work. Which tends to work against us, since the vast majority of people who get the mount are those who are clueless, have almost zero mount achievements or collection and often don’t even realize the mount exists.

Been farming this since the day it came out, and for several years with usually about 46 toons a day, per year. During all this time all they had to do was make some bad luck protection. I’ve lost count after around 2500-3000 attempts. The concept of a limited time low % drop rate is just disrepectful. Blizzard probably doesn’t even read their posts after sending them. They instead just implement more RNG. I can’t believe how many people are in the same boat as me, wasting away hours and hours of their live over the years and NOTHING to show for it. The day when these things change is the day I feel Blizzard actually listens to us. Idk who they are listening to be it sure ain’t me. Yet for some reason I still try because I just simply want to collect mounts and transmog…

4 Likes

I’ve stopped trying. I’m fed up with this carrot-on-a-stick philosophy. I will do one for the supposed higher chance from the heart-shaped box, and some of them on lower level characters for experience but na, over grinding. Life’s too short.

2 Likes

Yes, I did see it this year.

Why am I locked out after x number of tries across alts? It’s painfully impossible to obtain anyway. Time blocking me on a limited time item that I only have a limited amount of time a day to try for is salting the wound :clown_face:

No, you didn’t. You don’t see other people’s loot from the box, that is a fact. You either saw their achievement pop up after learning it or you’re lying.

Yes, I did…

I mean, I’m not going to argue with you. But you don’t see the loot from other people’s boxes, so… you’re obviously misremembering or just trying to troll, or something.

Like, next time you run it look in the chat. You won’t see anyone get Toxic Wasteling, Vile Fumigator or anything. All you’ll see is the necklaces, perfumes and the fireworks plus the love tokens. It’s literally impossible to see someone else’s mount drop - if you saw a mount in chat then it was yours xD Or, more likely, it was the person learning the mount and getting the achievement which you CAN see.

I don’t care if you do. I saw the loot.

Okay buddy. You and only you somehow managed to see something that no one else in the game has ever seen and can’t see. Fair enough. You keep believing that :slight_smile:

/pats