X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase

Pulled the trigger on 4th account.

0/4 today, so I’m effectively getting 3.5 years worth of attempts this year - plus 28 or so “regular” attempts every day, so call that another year of a regular person’s attempts.

So reasonable to not have got something after 8 years + 4.5 effective years - great game design.

2 Likes

4 different bnet accounts? Or accounts under wow1 wow2 etc? I created a second wow account on the same bnet, I’ve been told it has to be a different bnet for a second “boosted” chance. Oh well my mistake threw chimes another 100 bucks because this system is so well thought out and communicated

1 Like

what makes you say that?

4 different Battle.net accounts - it does have to be a separate BNet, HOWEVER. I have a strategy for you to maybe get two boosted boxes - run both of your WoW1, WoW2 etc toons in a group together and queue for the dungeon. Then it’ll give you 2x Heart-Shaped Box at once, and since it’ll be at the same time they MIGHT both count as the “first box” - because it’s the box itself that has a boosted chance, not when you open the box if that makes sense.

Like, if you ran it on 1 toon and didn’t open it and then ran it on another toon and opened it, the one you opened wouldn’t be the boosted box.

I can’t 100% promise this will work, but I’ve heard reports.

2 Likes

Been running this daily with 10+ alts and not once have I, or anyone in any of the alts parties on any day seen either the mount or the new customization drop.

You don’t see them drop for other people - you only see what people loot off the boss, not what comes out of their Box.

You only know if someone gets the mount if they learn it inside the dungeon and the achievement pops up.

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah I’ll definitely give this a try. I was so desperate to get a shot at a bother boosted created a new account and bought war within lol. Oh well that’s on me. At least your method will make the sting a little lesser lol

2 Likes

I got the mount to drop and I’ve been playing since 2011, was super stoked

2 Likes

Every time I see systems like this proposed, I just assume it’s a placebo because people will assume it works and that others were just unlucky because they by sheer coincidence had hot dice after the claim.

Yup, 0/4 “first try” attempts.

Honestly I wish they’d just make the mount unobtainable. I don’t want to do this anymore, I don’t want to waste money that I can’t afford on WoW subs because I’m desperately trying to overcome my bad luck while other people get it without trying.

I’m unsubbing after this event. I can’t deal with this anymore.

5 Likes

I’d suggest a better fix than just increasing the drop rate for the first box per day.

How about having Heartbreaker parts drop from boxes of people who don’t yet have the mount. Get 1-3 parts per box and make them soulbound, not BOA. Make it take like 25 parts to assemble the mount and the parts don’t disappear after the holiday.

This way, bliz still gets its RNG, i.e., you might get it this year or you might not. But after a year or 2 you can finish it and get the mount assuming it doesn’t drop for you while collecting the parts.

I’ve spent over 10 years farming this mount and still no luck and I usually do it with 10 alts a day for at least 10 days. That’s roughly a thousand boxes and still no mount and that is not just my bad luck, that is a lot of people’s bad luck.

6 Likes

Lies. Blizzard you are a liar. Just stop lying to people.

1 Like

Exactly, I did a thread about how the Reward Dev Chimes implemented this so players will fight each other because some player now got it in the first try and start to say “Don’t do more attempts” " one is enough"…etc but its still pure RNG, some players still got it in the X attempt of the day. Its a placebo to the community but we can have bad luck for years since its pure luck…there’s not a path just a sloot machine

Chimes mentioned that the alt grind isn’t fun and its the best approach but he didn’t fix anything…:man_shrugging: the fight is the same, the grind for collectors that really want it is just a frustrating experience…

3 Likes

The only validation I have, and it’s second hand at best, is that people are seeing more of their friends and guildmates get it than before. So, while speculative, and not firsthand, it would indicate that it has dropped more times this year than in previous years.

Also, if Wowlooter is being used in sufficient numbers, Wowhead should be able to show if there is an actual uptick this year, based on the submitted data.

2 Likes

I’m sure it is dropping more but it doesn’t really address the problem.

This is the problem statement:

This was the “solution:”

So while over the entire WoW population the drop rate is (marginally) higher, the solution did nothing to address the frustrations of the majority of those who have been farming the mount for a decade and a half. It certainly didn’t achieve their stated goal of relieving the “pressure of having to farm the mount by cycling through as many alts as possible every day.”

We’re all still running our alts. It’s just that now we know if we don’t get it on our first daily attempt we’re very unlikely to see it at all that day. Maybe their intent was to discourage grinding the alts due to the miniscule drop chance after the first try, but if they thought that outcome was realistic they obviously don’t know their player base very well.

Problem solving is part of my occupation. One of the things we get trained heavily on is making sure the proposed solution has “line of sight” to the identified problem. I would say that in this case, they failed spectacularly in that regard.

5 Likes

I dont like it.

Fun fact: the more knowledgeable you are about the drop and the more committed you are for it, the LOWER the chance it has to drop (so you specifically are probably looking at having a better chance of winning the lottery).

Meanwhile, the guy that just started playing and doesn’t even know the mount is rare is STATISTICALLY more likely to get it on their first try than you are in your next one million attempts.

8 Likes

Sad part is, if Blizzard were to “fix” this, they’d sooner revert the drop BACK to 1/3333 than make it 1-2% for all accounts.

3 Likes

I’m at 111 attempts this year after completing today’s runs, and still nothing.

1 Like

315 runs this year and nothing. I don’t know what I’m more annoyed by - the fact that I haven’t seen it, or that Blizzard thought their pathetic little “increase” to the drop rate on your first run was ACTUALLY worth anything to anyone.

6 Likes