X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase

Miracles do happen. I’ve been grinding for this mount since 2009. I’ve been running at least 15 alts per day since it started. I just got it today. I almost swallowed my tongue in shock. I never thought I’d ever get it. So don’t give up. I absolutely did not expect it to happen this year either, and it finally did.

4 Likes

Grats but it’s still pure RNG…So I can’t get your positive message when I know how probability works and I could keep hitting the wrong roll for years :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

3 Likes

Ahhh the mount was added too the Dungeon in 2010 …

1 Like

Agreed. I’m happy for people getting it on thier first attempt, it does hurt that they got on say day 3 or 4 of the event when rng has us cursed for those that try daily every year.

Fiery Warhorse is the only mount I ever got on my first try. I wasn’t even aware of it’s existence. Found out that some guildies had been farming it for a long time with no drop. Makes me feel bad.

Exactly this.

For example, Mimiron’s Head is a 1% drop rate mount which is the same as the “first try” chance of the day. Mimiron’s Head took me 476 attempts - that would be 30 years of attempts at the “boosted” rate.

Why not allow the increased rate on each toon? You’d still either need a lot of luck OR a lot of dedication with alts to get it in a single year, but it’d be POSSIBLE for those of us who care enough to actually increase our chances significantly.

Also, according to Rarity (which I probably didn’t have the very first year I did this, but certainly for the last 7) I’m about to hit 1,000 attempts for Love Rocket. I’m at like 990 and I still have at least 10 toons to do. It’s also not counting the attempts on the 2nd and 3rd account.

Like… I’m technically doing 3 years at once this year with the extra accounts. Next year, I’m going to probably do 5 accounts or more, because I want this stupid thing that much.

2 Likes

Miracles do happen.

Lol, not to me they don’t.

2 Likes

There´s tons of solutions, Devs could keep the feeling of the drop by adding a BLP system like Legion legendaries on which each kill provided a hidden % increase at least that way every attempt matters because you get that % increase and the player doesn’t know when it’ll drop but its working towards a goal.

There’s a lot of ideas, from a vendor to something similar to DF legendaries…

Yeah, now the meta is to use like 3-5 accounts for multiple daily boost attempts, probably reward dev received a bonus for implementing a way to get more expansions / sub purchase from collectors.

1 Like

We have had so many ideas over the past two years and blizzard ignores thier own blue post, not even the courtesy of a response.

1 Like

That’s cool that you made the drop rate for the love rocket higher

I’ve been trying for this mount since 2010. So 14 years, across 35 alts… everyday. Still no mount. Perhaps Linxy, you should have been part of the mass Blizzard layoff. This response is an insult to the loyal player base.

1 Like

Nah Linxy is still part of Blizzard, however; CMs and Devs avoid to interact with forum players that’s why they created the Community Council but that’s another fail program, IMO.

Day 5 a 0/65. Sadge

WHY ONLY THE FIRST DROP?!

11 Likes

Been asking for this for over a decade. Feels like a no brainer. Even if it’s for a huge cost of tokens. Make the tokens account wide and I’ll sink 1000 just to buy it!

6 Likes

Hell, make the tokens not account wide and just not disappear - Make it take 3 years max tokens to buy.

Admittedly I’d still be kinda miffed because it’d mean 3 more years but at least there would be an end goal in sight - not just tossing attempts and money on extra accounts into the RNG void.

EDIT: Alternatively, if 1/3333 is going to stay the drop rate then let us farm the box infinitely. I’ll HAPPILY spend the entire 2 weeks doing nothing but farming Crown Chemical Co doing hundreds of attempts per day. N O T H I N G else in the game has such a restricted lockout and also such an insanely low drop percentage.

And to the usual Ion retort of “Oh, what about those who farmed it for years and finally got it?” well what about those who farmed for years and DIDN’T? Do we not deserve anything, it’s only the people who got lucky that deserve to be treated well? :confused:

5 Likes

Thanks for your support, We already got a little change, maybe we can get another one in the future :dracthyr_cry_animated: :grin:

2 Likes

i’ve been running it just as long…howcome i don’t get that kind of luck :cry:

3 Likes

Why so many accounts?

Each account gives the first character a boosted chance to drop per day