X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase

Congrats to everyone that did get the mount this year!
Better luck next year to the rest of us. Hopefully Blizz notices just how much more miserable this great new buff made those of us that remained unlucky and just makes it a a reasonable chance for every attempt.

7 Likes

Well, there goes another year without the mount. Thanks for literally nothing, Blizz. :sob:

8 Likes

it has to be 100%. otherwise somebody who wants it might not get it.

Nothing for me. I am not upset or irritated. There is a drop rate I didn’t fall into that rate.

I have to remember that nothing in WOW is real and I can’t enjoy it if Blizz closes the door.

Just got mine on first drop today after like 725 tries since installing rarity. Didn’t go ham on farming this at all until like legion and even then with only 8-10 characters.

Decided to go into work late today too just to game my one last increased chance for today. At least it paid off.

9/10 retooling on the event. When I cared in legion and bfa it was horrible to push the 12-13 times when I was really trying each day. So much that it turned me off ever really trying in SL. Now in DF, I can just try once per day and do other activities.

1 Like

another year, another fruitless set of runs. Surely '24 will be my year…

2 Likes

LOL 9/10 because you got it. Great for you, but what about those of us who didn’t get insanely lucky and get it on our first box of the day?

We still ran through all our alts. I know many people who ran over 50 alts per day through this - and I WISH I was one of them, I only had 17 level 60+ toons to use. I would have done more if I had more.

Everything is amazing if you’re the lucky one who benefits. It’s like Jeff Bezos saying “Capitalism is 10/10 guys!”

Pfft.

4 Likes

Not a good example IMO. As you’re greeted by the highlight of the event the awesome Hanzo skin and I’m sitting there thinking “oh that’s hilarious how do I earn it?!” and Blizz went “earn? Mmmhmmhmm my boy, one doesn’t simply walk into OW2 and earn things. That will be $20.”

Enormous letdown and demotivated me to even play the event at all.

FFXIV I agree they always go all out for the holiday events. You can earn all the stuff for free and they sometimes add it to the store way in the future after it’s been offered for free. Wish OW2 would do at least that much.

3 Likes

Yeah like the person I was arguing with who said the drop rate was fine and telling Blizz not to increase the drop rate because they got it years ago and were totally cool with everyone else continuing to be frustrated and go insane farming this thing simply because they wanted to go on feeling like they were special or amazing for just getting incredibly lucky…

I did manage to get the mount this year and I still feel like they should’ve increased the drop rate for every character not just the first. Many would’ve been better off if they made it 1% for every toon instead of 4% for only the first and then .003% afterwards or whatever nonsense.

They’ve always been so double “standardy” and weird about this mount I never understood it. Why make it different than how every other mount drop works in the game. People appreciate consistency and transparency.

3 Likes

I was honestly gonna put 5/10 cause most of the things in wow are utter garbo these days. But decided it was better to give positive feedback that the devs made a right call at changing the event away from alt spam depression.

But you go ahead and be cynical. Especially with the r/antiwork vibe you have at the end.

Well, my point is that at least OW2 added something… I understood your point :wink: FFXIV handle events better IMO.

I dunno who or what that is, I just picked a commonly known rich person as an example. Obviously anyone who benefits from any system is going to think that system is great. I could’ve made a comparison to anyone.

Anyway, I dunno how it changes alt spam. There’s literally hundreds of posts saying that people still felt compelled to run all their alts. I’m glad you didn’t and that it worked out for you - that seems to be the norm with people who got it this year, they ran it a couple of times and got rewarded for it, while people who farmed got squat. It happened so frequently I think it’s actually baked into the code somewhere.

2 Likes

blizzard, i hope you’ve learned a valuable lesson from this thread. nothing less than 100% drop rate will ever be acceptable to the community.

3 Likes

Your comments has a bad perspective, its true we want the mount now, but it can be provided by a vendor after the player run it the whole 2 weeks grinding a bad luck protection currency or by doing the fight in hard mode or all the meta achievements for the holiday, there’s more ways to 100% provide the mount besides the drop from the boss.

2 Likes

Big Congrats too all the players that finally got the Love Rocket and big big hugs to those that didn’t…always next year…:hugs:

1 Like

Mine FINALLY dropped this morning – first attempt! The pain is over (at least for now)!

Meh, tried it on a few, the rest had q times long for me on dps alliance so I just noped out. I realized chasing these rng mounts is not worth the frustration or time wastage.

1 Like

True it still felt hollow after the change. I’ll remember that I got and why. But primarily because I decided why the hell not try it after reset for the last 3 hrs its up (and then be late to work for the first time in a bit).

Really the event needs some dynamic scenario (or voice dialogue) to live it up. However I feel like people won’t enjoy spending more time than necessary doing something that they have compelled themselves into doing past the increased first daily chance.

Now that I think back, the absence of voiced dialogue really cripples immersion alot in this game. Last time I felt immersed in any encounter (and thus cared about the rewards I was to possibly get) was za’qul and azshara.

1 Like

17 characters a day and nothing to show for it except another disappointing year. I still do not understand why they only hurt the people who do it on multiple toons. Why it’s only a greatly increased chance on ONE toon and not all the other toons? You’d think the people who put more time in leveling characters for this and put the time in doing this every day, they’d want to help them out.

7 Likes

Thanks for nothing and thanks for ignoring every single post made on here. Shameful.

15 Likes