X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase

In hindsight chimes should have never posted. It was intended though. Scripted and planned by blizzard. His comments secured us collectors to hang on for a full year as they said nothing for an entire year on these promised changes. Then days before the event they announce a single buff once per day. Yup they got us to hang on for a full year and they won’t say anything for another year to keep the subs. It will be another fake promise to make it better but too late to implement this year, the whole we recognize it didn’t work and upset players yada yada lip service

4 Likes

There’s no excuse for them not to respond. Expansion is out. Patch was out. The trading post was out. Heck they even fixed and have more communication and blue posts about the bloody chef cooking event than this 15 year old event!

1 Like

How do we know this boost first attempt works properly? When trading post have so many issues… Its not like the first box is a different item and then alts get the old epic box :thinking: maybe I’m just really fustrated but I don’t trust this fix results with all the recent bugs

4 Likes

The last post i see from them in the forums is from july. Truthfully im not sure they still work at blizzard.

2 Likes

There’s usually dev notes for class balance, pvp balance like all that post about solo shuffle vs 2vs2/3vs3 but there’s always a lack of communication about rewards, they just add really bad reward mechanics and sometimes there’s a change years later when players already invested a lot of time…this happened with Mechadone achievement that received fixes in the middle of SL due to the massive RNG involve or the world boss mounts that I still think that fix was introduced only because Evoker’s bug provided the mounts for a lot of players.

2 Likes

got mine this morning! thanks blizz :smiley:

1 Like

So here’s the thing…
I got it just now but that was not on my first attempt and rather on an alt. Makes me really wonder if the drop rate was changed for the first attempt at all. They honestly should just make this thing 100% drop, it’s so old at this point anyway. But I guess we have to tip-toe around all the “ma prestige!” Andys…

Good luck to people still trying, because I really don’t think they increased the rate for the first try at all.

3 Likes

Day 9. no mount after running 40 alts… :frowning:

5 Likes

I’ve been throwing my alt army at this since… what was it, 2010?

Some years I would do 25 attempts a day during the event, other years as many as 40.

Conservatively I’d guess I have 5000+ attempts under my belt.

Well, this morning the first (lvl 60) alt I went in with got it!

Thanks, much, Blizz.

Bluntly I’d given up hope a few years ago but I’ve been dejectedly going through the motions anyway.

Hope is back! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

based on your sample size of… ?

1 Like

Years of running multiple alts as well as every person commenting here saying they still have not gotten it and all the other threads made.

1 Like

Its almost impossible to test this and find the % for the first attempt , personally I don’t trust recent changes, trading post gave me the mount in the first 2 hours and other players had issues for days.

3 Likes

That’s just the thing too, blizzard never even gave what the percent is now

1 Like

sure, but that how does provide any information about the change to the drop rate on the first box of the day per account?

it’s like you’re flipping a coin to try to get heads, then rolling a die to try to get a 6. you flip the coin and get tails, then roll the dice and get a 6. “but it was much more likely i’d get heads than roll a 6!” you say. “maybe the chances of getting heads weren’t really 50/50!”

1 Like

In fairness no one is doubting it, or at least the majority of us aren’t doubting the buff, it’s pretty obvious there was a buff, its the way it was implement that’s tilting people. The buff is basically 15 shots and see next year, That’s what sucks.

Edited for wording it wrong.

6 Likes

no it’s not. you have exactly as many chances as you did last year. some of those chances are just more likely to be successful.

1 Like

There’s nothing stopping one from running it as many times as they have in the past.

2 Likes

How does a blue post saying “its increased” without giving the % provide any information?

1 Like

it provides the information that the drop rate is now higher than it used to be. maybe i’m not understanding your objection here.

1 Like

And you’re right, however; at least I expected a solution that fixed the burn out from running it with multiple alts since Dev responded about that and how there’s other things to do out side the game and this kind of RNG reward is fustrating for the player. Something deterministic, even if the drop is 99%, there’s a chance of missing it multiple years, that’s why players try to beat odds by adding more attempts. Now, more boosted attempts will requiere more accounts.

1 Like