X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase

So that was a lie.

19 Likes

Got mine today from the heart box! I’m not sure how lucky I was but I’m glad for the increase. Before that I never though I’d ever have this mount.

3 Likes

Grats on your mount. The rest of us continue with our alt armies and embrace the drought!

6 Likes

From 0.001% to 0.1% is still a 100x increase. A greatly increased chance! /s

7 Likes

SKY CAKE only TASTES GOOD if other people DON’T have SKY CAKE!

SKY CAKE!

3 Likes

:rofl: Took 7, or 8 years to finally get the Headless horseman mount. Stopped really trying to get any of the other holiday mounts after that, because that was the only rare holiday mount I really wanted. Did get the Brewfest ram years ago but wasn’t trying for it. Probably only used the ram a few times, but the horseman mount is the main mount I use regularly. Just running the Love is in the air dungeon on one character. If it drops cool, if not whatever. Would be more interested, if these dungeons dropped some cool transmog stuff.

I have been trying for this since I started playing this game during LK times. I am over 2750 kills since I finally started using Rarity, and still running 27 toons a day while trying to level more alts to 60 to add more chances this year. So far, all still the same for me. Hopefully, I will get it before patch 20.x.

3 Likes

Weird I see plenty of non rare things that people want… I mean holy hell they just finally let the most common pieces of gear finally be transmogged after about 12 years
the fact that its been 13 years for some of us never even being in a group thats dropped one is ridiculous

1. I like mounts
  2. It fits my engineering character
    Need more reasoning?
  3. Ive been running this on an army of alts for the past 12 years.
1 Like

The X-45 Heartbreaker dropped for me on the very first run of the event. I figured the % increase was huge considering I got it after just 1 attempt.

1 Like

Too many gate keepers here in this thread.

5 Likes

It’s just insane because unless there was an ACTUAL substantial boost (like from 0.03% to, say, 10%), then they shouldn’t have said anything at all. Because no one was even talking about it or complaining about it because it’s been the same every single year and we’re all used to it by now.

But by making a whole post about it and getting everyone’s hopes up (only for us to find out the “substantial” change is only less than a fraction of a single percentage point), they only made a bad situation infinitely worse by throwing a spotlight back on it.

If the increase was really that marginal, they should’ve have just made the “change” and not mention it.

Or - and hear me out - make the change actually substantial.

12 Likes

To be fair people would’ve complained about it this year, last year they made a blue post talking about how they wanted to up the drop rate but was to late to do so!

4 Likes

We were talking about it since December and council member did a post about it (mid January) , people that want this mount have present all the implications in this farm for every year and we expected the changes mentioned by Chimes (reward dev) last year.

I’d prefer an actual bad luck protection pr just 1 attempt per day with a big % drop rate, instead of 4-5 hours of attempts after 1 “boost” attempt.

7 Likes

Chimes really needs to update us on what they considered and who came up with this awful idea … surely they can see the paying subscribers are not happy about this

9 Likes

Rewards Devs usually don’t talk about their insight about fun rewards…I tought there was some sort of communication with his reply last year and then a “fix” without a Developers note…

Now it feels like a fake “We heard you” kind of moment from that time, now that there’s a new expansion, they just focus on that and the communication goes down.

5 Likes

Rate still isn’t high enough. Almost every day for the last week (might have missed one or two at most) and haven’t got it. Ran with an army of alts too… no luck there. Increase the chance across the board plz. This is ridiculous.

8 Likes

Running it daily on 30 alts. Still not luck, another year wasted.

9 Likes

I still don’t understand the folks who want to come in here like “why do you want this” or “I got it already, you need to earn it the same way i did” as if getting lucky in RNG is any sort of accomplishment.

Some of us are year 14 and I’m over it. I just want to collect this and move on with my life…there’s plenty to chase in this game… putting this one to bed won’t affect my enjoyment of collecting, but this ONE mount is a source of frustration and it’s no longer fun. At that point, the system needs to be re-evaluated.

So team, yall tried one week with the first attempt being buffed…now bump it up to ALL attempts. If that still doesn’t work, then next year, this thing better be farmable with love tokens or so help me…

7 Likes

I hoped for a real increased drop rate, but I guess I was wrong. 20 characters, many many years and still nothing.

4 Likes

NO your year 13…Love rocket went live in 2010.