X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase

Tbh I have a feeling they don’t even read this thread, that’s why they don’t answer, they’re capable to say stuff like “we don’t foresee any changes going forward on this issue” they just don’t see it.

But I agree it was a terrible way to tackle the rocket problem (and that’s as someone who got lucky on it in the eu in 2014, same name), instead of having every daily try 0,03% and the first one on account 1% they could’ve made it 0,5% every single try, like the headless horseman, this would’ve made it much more likely that people doing it with a lot of characters would’ve got it, instead this year we got a case that almost only helps those lucky enough to get it within 15 tries (1 a day) that make up a cumulative 14% chance to have dropped it this year, while the other attempts add a miserable %, unless you use 100 characters daily or stuff like that.

I just want it cause its rare, I never thought it was pretty.

1 Like

Linxy what’s the update on how the new drop rate went? Response?

1 Like

From now on, the first Heart-Shaped Box you receive each day across your Battle.net account will have a greatly increased chance to contain the X-45 Heartbreaker mount.

Going from .001% change to .002% isn’t “greatly increased chance”. .001% to 5% is “greatly increased.”

4 Likes

We had 4 people get it last event with a guild size of about 15 people.

Keep in mind this guild was much larger in the past and no one had gotten the mount since I was in the guild sometime in Pandaria.

2 Likes

Do this for Love Rocket too!! please

"Blizzard

The chance for Evokers to receive the Cracked Titan Gem now increases each time you defeat Scalecommander Sarkareth on Heroic or Mythic difficulty.

• Developers’ note: We’d like to see Nasz’uro, the Unbound Legacy become more obtainable for players who are regularly completing the highest levels of difficulty of the raid, while also keeping its status as an aspirational reward that any Evoker may work toward."

This was the solution that a lot of players expected for 1 year before this year…an increase for each attempt.

2 Likes

Ahh yes. The so called increased drop rate. Remember its all talk.

2 Likes

AGREED!!! :wink:
Bad Luck Protection - Community / WoW Community Council - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

4 Likes

Also, a legendary weapon will be irrelevant for most players next expansion meanwhile cosmetics are part of the account. This was the approach for Legion legendaries (an increase drop per attempt), maybe Devs only do this for gear because players should acquired it when its relevant but a lot of players in the collectors community will love to see this for their content that’s permanent.

2 Likes

You want to take away the rareness of the love rocket from everyone who has it so you can be at 871? And I don’t have it BTW, but I would rather it stay rare, even back where it was before, but blizz did what they did, no changing that now, and then the sha of anger fiasco, which almost did make me angry.

Why are we bringing this up now in July?

2 Likes

This is irrelevant when players before patch 7.2.5 could grind it via characters 15s, If you’re going to meassure rarity which is just a personal value then you must check the date of that goal because depending on the patch it got easier or harder.

We already have changes because there’s an unhealthy approach to really low drop, even reward dev acknowledge this and it was changed, I also got mad due to the MoP world bosses changes but not against the community…this is a problem of Devs not paying attention to this really bad design that last years and should be address sooner.

Because, some collectors would like to see this kind of change for Hallow’s end, next love rocket…etc, also 10.1.7 will have changes to holidays and Evoker legendary new bad luck protection works with an increase % for attempt which was requested as a solution for low % cosmetics by Council members since Reward Dev Chimes mentioned changes for the love rocket grind but the solution this year didn’t fix the grind issues.

1 Like

There is a grind issue?

If you take away the grind then you remove rareness, I still don’t have blazing drake and have tried soooo many times that I have been experimenting with doing spine encounter with 1 set of bloods on the ground instead of poping the plates and killing the tendons in 3 turns of waiting, Just have to beat bloods despawn time. But I still would want it to stay rare, but maybe that’s just me.

“It wasn’t rare at one time” won’t sway me, There isn’t much left in the game to look forward to for long time players, I don’t want rare mounts to go away as well. Now I have sha of anger mount, think I ever use it? (no, well… once every blue moon)

Since rarity is only a personal value, it could still be rare, there’s a lot of mounts that only a low % of players own even when it’s a 100% drop. The thread about bad luck protection is that the reward should be a goal that you can accomplish eventually, instead of a pure % that could take years, even if the drop was 99% sure, there’s a probability that a player won’t get it for years. In this case the mount could increase % for each attempt from the original 0.003% to a max of 2-5% not 100% or Devs could even add a vendor for a huge amount of currency that only players that really want the mount will grind it, therefore; it’s still rare.

that’s your personal point of view, but I prefer to use mounts because I like the actual mount, there’s a lot of players that want x/y mount because of its appearance.
Extreme low % is one reason why I won’t recommend WoW, Blizzard just know how to create bad reward systems instead of goals.

1 Like

This is being brought up in July because blizzard never responded before the event, during the event or after the event

2 Likes

But the only mount uglier then love rocket is Xinlao. funny how the ugliest mounts take the longest to get.

Chimes? Any updates on your original post for this event?

1 Like

It wasnt enough of an increase. This blue post was from last year and people still didnt notice an increase in drops.

2 Likes

I got it before they tweaked the drop rate.

I think everyone should be able to ride the love rocket. Bump those chances! And backfill with prior attempts so those that have been waiting longest have even higher chances.

It’s ridiculous how bad the loot is in this game.

5 Likes

Not a single blue post response to their own post about this event. Sad.

2 Likes

it seemed like a huge increase to me. i got it and so did a bunch of my friends. in every previous year maybe one person i know would get it, if that.