X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase

There’s X amount of player types, there’s even roleplayers that don’t care about other parts of the game. Actually its weird that you mentioned gameplay because if you read this whole thread, there’s several ideas regarding new gameplay for this boss fight, besides that cosmetics and achievements are permanent rewards for your account compared to gear that you change from 1 season to another.

I’ve a thread specifically about gameplay for this event on the PTR, We should have a PvP brawl, an invasion or some kind of world event…more replayability in holidays.

Looks like I’ll end another Love is in the Air event without the X-45. I’m disappointed, but I’m not gonna quit playing the game over it. I’ll just try again and be disappointed next year.

Oh, they need to update the dungeon event. It’s way easy.

2 Likes

@linxy and @chimes.

I just unsubbed tonight, my playtime expires in may. I put your names as the reason I quit, you promised changes to this event to make it more fun and said you knew it was a problem. This event is toxic, years of doing it have broken my will to stay subbed. Once my sub expires I’ll probably check out the new expansion, maybe maybe not. Whatever I decide I’ve unsubbed because of the horrible way you have treated your paying customers who have been farming this mount for years

3 Likes

Maybe you don’t care for cosmetics or achievements but other people do. I’ve already got KSH and AoTC a while back, my guild stopped raiding, so I use my time to collect things and do achievements. Yo can be interested in several aspects of the game at the same time, they are not mutually exclusive.

1 Like

So you’re putting the blame on people who have no actual power to change anything? Do you also complain at to the starbucks employee and blame them for anything stupid the CEO does?

Chimes is the reward Dev that changed it…Linxy is a CM that can share the feedback with Devs. Maybe they don’t have the power directly because it involve time for the change, budget…etc but they could start the discussion like they did before, better communication with the playerbase in order to avoid this frustrating experience. Ask the user.

1 Like

what about a tripod ufo shaped rocket

Yes I am blaming chimes and linxy.

No I don’t complain to Starbucks employees.

1 Like

Another year, another running 21 characters a day for 2 weeks and the Heartbreaker has broken my heart yet again. I heard the first run everyday had an increased rate of .1% chance of getting it. Like that’s a good thing. Raising it to 1% would still be dismal. What bothers me most is I’m now in my 70s. I fear I will die before I ever get this thing. Been playing since Vanilla and going for this since it started. Need to come up with something clever about it to have engraved on my tombstone…

Not sure which is more frustrating, waiting to get the Love Rocket, or for George R.R. Martin to finish writing Winds of Winter.

5 Likes

the big love rocket*

1 Like

As said; got nothing.
What a suprise.
Two weeks of this has really killed my motivation for retail.

4 Likes

Two weeks of this event was enough for me to unsub

1 Like

Keep the drop rate at 1/3000 (or whatever) but remove the daily lockout.

Let people farm it as much as they want during the limited holiday.

3 Likes

No

Yes

Learn to compromise

Never when bad scenarios are presented.

they have this weird mindset that they have to lock players in weekly or something instead of just letting us play, if they removed the daily lockout who knows what would happen?? people might play more? like for old content idk why it matters for real you should be able to just farm whatever, but as we all get older we can CLEARLY SEE that they just want us to keep wasting our time weekly or play the lottery loot system its clear as day light that they think they save retention by doing this but in the long run they are just destroying the game, this isn’t the only case there are multiple.

1 Like

I just got to 3K IO for the first time - so I deeply care about game play and invest a lot of time in it! I can also speak to this too – because I like all things WoW and want every aspect to be fabulous :slight_smile:

1 Like

The cosmetic- and achievement hunters might be the more loyal and long time subscribers, so I don’t see how they would be harmful to the game. When the parsers, M+ grinders and patch tourists take a break because they played everything, collectors are still around to do their thing. They always have goals to achieve.
Achievements and collecting are a big pillar of gameplay and it’s just ignorant to pretend otherwise.

I probably won’t. I already know that I will miss out on different FOMO rewards until TWW will have launched (Fated stuff, prepatch stuff and probably other things too) and will never get them, except maybe in 10 years from the Trading Post. I don’t see a point in continuing with collections and achievements then, when there are holes in my collection I can’t fill anymore. Just another point of toxic reward design.

3 Likes

My compromisation skills went out the window after 13 or so years of farming this. How’s this for compromising? After 3000 kills, it auto drops?

It is for me. I’m dropping until the new expac. For some reason this year in particular really irritated me and isn’t remotely fun so it’s clear I need a break.

2 Likes