Wyrmrest World PvP

Something I’ve noticed since before Dragonflight even is that Wyrmrest Accord players (especially WRA horde) are kind of shy about entering War Mode. I pretty much live in WM and I’ve done my fair share of farming and getting farmed but it really does seem like Horde is just always outnumbered to hell in War Mode- We get maybe 30% of the supply chests because there’ll be four of us fighting against 15+ alliance with predictable results and the world quests for pvp are fun as hell sometimes it can get a liiiiiittle bit frustrating. It’s all in good fun (usually) and I can hold my own usually but it really is more and more noticable as time goes on.

I do wonder why that is? Is War Mode just not appealing to WRA Horde in particular or am I just hanging out in the wrong places?

6 Likes

It’s just not the culture around here unfortunately. Thankfully we have plenty of targets to kill but Tbh I find the bigger issue to be that the horde won’t fight if severely out numbered, which I get but some times we can pull it off despite the disadvantage.

Also if you WPvP alot and need back up add me I’m always looking for WPvP.

1 Like

It’s because we share shards with Alliance-dominated servers and most WPvP encounters is: You found one Alliance member, you attack them, anywhere between two to twenty-nine of their buddies show up and beat you into the ground.

8 Likes

And they don’t leave.

Some will be camping your corpse. Others are camping the quest objective in stealth or packs. Others are camping the damn Spirit Healer in case you try to respawn there.

Warmode is a great mechanic. The players who live there are split evenly between honorable combatants who enjoy the thrill of fighting an actual player and not a scripted AI, and screeching inbred basement gremlins who’d explode into flames if they ever came into contact with grass.

Until Blizzard can fix the Sharding and/or the population imbalance, there’s no point for us to engage in Warmode because we’re going to lose more time being ragdolled and waiting for our resurrection cooldowns than we do to actually play.

13 Likes

The rewards for the Horde to engage in warmode are not as lucrative as they are for the Alliance. I like war mode and was in it the other day, but I’d probably be more apt to participate more often if the yield was higher.

If we weren’t put together with other roleplay realms, I’d turn on WM.

I don’t want to see certain guilds on MG/ED/etc. Those aren’t my wra homies.

1 Like

Sharding with other servers makes war mode suck.

When I was still Horde I played a bit in war mode at the start of BfA. Sure we were out numbered but I rather be out numbered and steam rolled by guilds and people I know from my server instead of randos from Tich and Illidan.

I’m also salty it took away World Defense which was a great way to find RP PVP. War mode is not the same as the ye olde days of RP PVP.

Also back to sharding, I was with friends and the WQ area in Stormsong was being camped by a humongous Alliance raid. So we did what Blizz always suggest and tried to answer a PVP situation with PVP. So we attempt to form our own raid and once our numbers grew we got pushed into an empty shard and PVP didn’t happen.

Now we’re just the jerk Horde raid camping the WQ invasion quests and that’s not fun. Since we can’t complete quests in a raid my guildies and I drop raid to reform our 5 man. Only to get shunted back into the shard with the humongous Alliance raid.

Anyway I don’t like war mode and wish they reverted the servers back to pvp, pve, rp, rp pvp.

7 Likes

When this server was just WRA in Warmode there was virtually no PvP so i don’t see this as being a good solution in anyway

1 Like

My biggest gripe with Horde on our WM shard is that everyone bails. Getting ganked? Nearby Hordies flee. Help someone get ganked? Gank-ee flees. Gank someone out in the open - Horde flees. Need dedicated partners grouping up with you if you want consistent teamwork. Feels especially great when there’s Alliance bounties in a FFA zone and Hordies would rather bonk you on the head than try to pitch in and take down the assassin.

Has happened consistently since… well, War Mode was enabled and RP servers were set to RP-only. I tried my hardest to stay in WMode throughout the entirety of BfA but when nobody tries what’s really the point? Scarlet Crusade, Thorium Brotherhood, Cenarion Circle, Earthen Ring, Moon Guard, so on, so forth. Huge disparity in population and people would rather just bounce instead of help/assist/engage in any way. :roll_eyes:

'least it’s fun atm, but a few weeks from now everyone’s just going to turn off WMode because they don’t like the odds. I enjoy being outnumbered, and most of the time the folks you encounter don’t have a lot of trigger discipline with their cooldowns. Myself and another friend have consistently 2v5’d and greater as double hunter on many WPvP quests.

Well. Until you run into a spriest/boomie, spriest/affy, or any flavor of warrior lol.

2 Likes

Agreed. I see the unwillingness to risk your self as the bigger problem than anything. Most of these Ally genuinely can’t PvP and are just there bc they feel safe.

Not necessarily about skill, moreso sheer volume. Even just having a few extra bodies or a significant change in attitude about assisting would really go a long way.

2 Likes

Only two things protect you from me playing War Mode. The sharding, and the 30 minute toy cooldown on my ghost appearances.

This ^

And the sharding also changes. By yourself and getting attacked by 5-6? Call in your friends, but as soon as they get there and group, it shards you to somewhere else where there’s no one on the other faction. Ungroup? You’re sharded again to somewhere with 20+ of the opposing faction right in your face.

I was so excited for War Mode until I actually played it. Then I was super disappointed. And Blizz isn’t fixing, so no thanks.

6 Likes

WrA only WM when?

I was bountied, you and a bunch of others were on my healer! So I had to abandon the Alliance rogue to try and save my healer whos the primary reason im bountied

in my general pvp experience, Horde just needs someone to tell them what to do.
Even if it’s half baked plan, as long as they know someone else is going they’ll dive it, just need to hold out until everyone else gets there

then we’d be rolling over Alliance, and thats not fun for anybody

1 Like

Unless there is suddenly the ability to view Horde assassins & bounties at FFA areas, I do not know what it is you are referring to. Regardless, attack me first = it’s free real estate.

I actually had some amusing interactions the other day in the FFA WQ. Saw an undergeared undead warrior getting ganked, so I murdered the ganker. Later, the undergeared warrior gone charging in on fights to help me, at his own peril, even if things were well under control. Was tricky to try and avoid accidentally killing him due to the nature of Fire Breath and the passive cleaving Living Flame. Then we went to knock out the WPvP boss in the plains, was good times.

Made quite a few friends and just as many enemies in WPvP so far… I think I could write anovel on it, like the tale of the Cobalt Assembly, dealing with persistent Moon Guardian guilds trying to kill or at the very least inconvenience me and among them being one honorable human paladin who did not use his powers for evil, not instigating any fights… When I was finished with the grind, he was the only one who had powers to rival my own on the Alliance side and with a heavy heart I waved him over. We saluted eachother, and with a final apology, I Thanos snapped his entire healthbar away before leaving the Assembly myself, leaving it without titans even if for a short time.

Nah, 30 seconds later there will come another challenger, arcana’d to hell and back waiting for their inevitable bounty from the rampant destruction they’ll cause. That’s just how the Cobalt Assembly WQ works!

That being said, the easiest way to prevent the madness is to just cap the arcana powers to the last 5 acquired when you enter the arena, all others dispelled. When you pick up a new one it cycles out the last one and they can’t be refreshed. That way you can still be busted with the divine shield but you’re not an immortal God either. You have your fun for 5 minutes, then you get exploded, you res, pick up more powers and dance the dance again.

Well, the WQ and the rest of the assembly are different. In the WQ, if you get defensive powers you can wipe out everyone (even the stacked gods) with the SELFIE cam. Turns out, when I last did it, 5 people wailing on me even when I took my hands off the keyboard wasn’t enough to out-DPS the passive healing but when I stood behind someone with the camera, was actually able to kill me.

This is something happening on all rp realms from my experience. The way Blizz implemented warmode and crz/sharding, etc really messed up the wpvp experience for a lot of players, particularly people on/from rppvp realms. Before crz/sharding/wm, if you were ganked by someone, you could rez and try to find them to get some payback. Now people can kill you and dip, never to be seen again. Same with trying to form counter raids if one faction has a big raid in a zone wiping out solos and small groups; form a counter raid and the server sees too many people in one area and sends one raid to another shard. All of this stuff was the nails in the coffin of rppvp/wpvp communities like we had prior to the removal of the pvp realm distinction. Another thing that lessened Horde players queueing into wm is that the wm buff is calculated regionally (where Horde have superior numbers) but rp realms are cordoned off on their separate shards where Alliance have superior numbers but the regional buff still applies. So not only do Alliance have the greater number, but they got the buff as if they’re outnumbered as well as the Against Overwhelming Odds weekly and many Horde stopped queueing simply to stop feeding the more populous faction free weekly gear.

Back on VeCo and ED, we had rivalries and multiguild, cross faction, server-wide rp arcs and wpvp campaigns. And the guilds involved had codes of conduct. It wasn’t uncommon for people to be kicked from guilds for griefing and camping the opposite faction. There was comradery and friendship within the community as a whole. It’s pretty hard to find that now and maybe it’s because WrA and MG weren’t RPPVP realms to begin with so that history is just completely foreign to the majority of the people you run into.

It’s odd on WrA because not only do we lack the comradery between factions, but it also seems to be largely nonexistent on Horde side. I don’t know if this is because Alliance have superior numbers so Horde try not to poke them or what. But I’ve been griefed and camped by more Horde than Alliance. You’ll find groups of Horde camping wpvp quests in the ffa areas and they’ll relentlessly camp Horde players while largely avoiding Alliance players. It’s pretty wild to see after spending decades on rppvp realms.

I’m typing this as I’m waiting to rez at a wpvp quest where several Hordies from WrA rp guilds are farming Horde players and preventing them from completing a quest that will expire in a few hours. I just want to finish this quest and get an upgrade before leaving for work.

If Blizz would reimplement rppvp realms and remove the sharding/crz, I’d pay to transfer back in a heartbeat. Being in wm with MG Alliance turds is almost as bad as being camped by your own faction lol

3 Likes