Wyrmrest Confessions

I’ll back this one up actually.

I liked WoD’s zones and storylines. I like how it gave more context to the Draenei’s struggle on Draenor, and how it really fleshed out the diversity of the orcish clans.

What I HATED about WoD, and why it’s my least favourite expansion, is there simply wasn’t enough story. It’s like they started really strong and then we got to level 100 and that was it. Game over. You can get a selfie camera soon and then some story quests that are basically raid boss previews in Tanaan.

16 Likes

Honestly I want to see that in action.

5 Likes

I found and still currently believe Cata and WoD were vastly superior to BfA.

10 Likes

Over the years I’ve gone from being an RP elitist, to the direct opposite, to back to being kind of elitist-y.

I maintain that Warcraft is a big, loud, dumb setting with plenty of wiggle room, and that people should be free to RP what they want (unless it’s, like, something gross) without harassment, but I am very selective about what sort of characters and storylines I’ll interact with or even acknowledge ICly.

10 Likes

I was playing classic and getting annoyed at how few abilities I had. I mean, I expected not to have many, but seriously, only two bear form abilities for a whole ten levels?

…Then I realized I had never scrolled down far enough on the class trainer. I’d only been training Balance skills.

And this was -after- tanking two dungeons as a bear using only Maul and Growl. Two whole dungeons.

20 Likes

I used to be one of those people who hung around Murder Row ICly starting fights.

7 Likes

Unbelievable

I feel like starting fights is perfectly in keeping with the spirit of a place named “Murder Row”.

5 Likes

Yeah but at least back in my day the people who do it are kiiiiind of incredibly irritating and not very good RPers. I haven’t been back to Silvermoon in character in years now, I dunno what the scene is like.

1 Like

I used to RP in Argent Dawn’s Goldshire when I was a teenager

it was a nicer place back then ok?? (sort of)

1 Like

My name in my guild’s discord was changed to Ambulance Topsail and I still haven’t changed it.

4 Likes

Thaaat’s kind of where I’m at too. I’m a big supporter of RPing what you want to RP, but I also want to immerse myself in a certain style of lore-adherent RP and will usually hang around people who RP that way. In the event that someone does RP something out there, my character usually just doesn’t believe it.

11 Likes

Do you mean with other RPers or just in general? Because the latter is giving me the giggles.

“I’ve just returned from a long voyage. What did I miss?”
“The Horde embarked on a genocidal war against the Alliance to conquer the world after being led astray by a maniacal Warchief appointed by mistake and now the Horde’s gone on a civil war to depose them.”
“Pffft. You expect me to believe they’d fall for that twice?”

16 Likes

I would’ve also accepted “I reject your reality and substitute it with my own!”

5 Likes

I have tried, and tried again. But I cannot for the life of me enjoy Draenei or Night Elf lore. At all.

2 Likes

That’s okay. We don’t enjoy it that much either, most of the time.

5 Likes

I think expansions like MoP, WoD, and even Legion has had some of the best “presentations” of content. The introductory movie shorts, the world building and lore to flesh out the setting, does so much to add to the immersion of the world or flesh out the threat the players are up against.

But I agree, after that initial rush WoD fell apart. The other expansions mentioned had some pretty sustainable content but WoD dropped the ball where while I still enjoyed it, it does come off as a filler expansion to buy time for how good Legion was.

6 Likes

I quit retail closer to a year ago and I still sometimes get into a rant about how we got Lightforged and Void Elves instead of the obviously superior choice of Broken.

Despite having mostly played night elves and Forsaken for the last 12 years, I got weirdly emotional seeing old Orgrimmar the other night. Like really weird. Celine Dion’s All Coming Back To Me should have been playing in the background.

12 Likes

I have a hard time role playing in the traditional sense. I like walk up random over the events different guilds do. Plus I don’t like /roll role play at all. I have never cared for /roll I like for people to be in pvp mode and fight it out.

5 Likes

During Legion, I RPed a Broken Draenei (ICly one of the Ashtongue Deathsworn). I still do technically, although I rerolled him from shadow priest to elemental shaman, and he’s level 14. RIP.

Anyway, I HATED that we got Lightforged. I still do a little. I woulda settled for golden eyes on regular Draenei. Those Argussian Broken models were so good, and I was bummed we didn’t get them, and probably never will.