Wyrmrest accord historical repository

Greetings! obviously this character isn’t from wra, my characters are dunaris, Hilson, Thalendras just to name a few. I propose that we create a history for future players to see! from grand rps, to epic heroism, to simple acts of kindness from guilds/players and all interactions inbetween!

this is an example ive seen.

If we want to record stats, that’s fine. Recording a history of RP events is a little too close to server canon. I don’t think anyone would be thrilled with that.

4 Likes

I may be incorrect in making this assumption, but compiling a history could be a problem for a variety of reasons, especially when it comes to RP.

Let’s face it, there’s RP events every day on this Server. To record the grand RPs in a big history for the entire server would simply be too much information. To record only some creates (even if unintentionally) a server hierarchy. The known guilds and players get their stuff recorded, and everyone else just gets to be ignored.

I don’t think it’d end well.

5 Likes

I was going to post something supportive, but this actually did bring up some potential concerns I didn’t think about. The only work-around I could think of is if the players themselves in the threads did the recording. There could still be some minor issues with accuracy, but a disclaimer at the top saying that “None of this is canon - none of it has to be acknowledged in any fashion” might help with server canon issues.

It’s not an unworkable concept, but it’s not… a perfect one, really. Just have to be careful with the execution, to the point where it may just be wiser to let this particular dog go.

My RP stats:
Grammar: 15
Ego: 17
Effectiveness: 11
Standoffishness: 14
LPS (lore per sentence): 16.6

4 Likes

Be sure to keep a separate sheet where you can publicly track your IC kills.

1 Like

What Kirsy said. If you want to keep stats, ok.

Get that server canon crap out of here. That’s an awful idea and we’ve beaten the dead horse about it over nine thousand times.

oh, i wasn’t emphasizing strictly roleplay, more of a historical approach of progression. i believe it would help strengthen the community. even the example i posted lists nothing about strictly rp/events. but more along the lines of pve/pvp progression.
Its of no concern to me what information yall wanna keep/leave out. as long as there is some understanding of what wyrmrest accord characterizes and stands for.
ttp://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Server:Wyrmrest_Accord_US
ttps://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/wyrmrest-accord
^ add h

Um. I wasn’t aware that the community needed strengthening? But uh, okay.

There’s already an info thread though.

3 Likes

I’m not… quite sure what you’re wanting to do? I mean recording PvE progression is already done through other sites, at least for guilds that care about PvE progression anyway. PvP for this server is sort of a meme/side activity that some take way too seriously at times. But recording RP events? that one makes me scratch my head a bit. The only RP events that are really worth recording are the ones that turn into big clusterfudges.

There isn’t much to record really around here. just a bunch of nerds hanging out on a server, some pretending to be a different kind of nerd.

1 Like

Yeah, as far as strengthening the community goes we’re doing… pretty fine, probably, I’d say. We’re not really… focused on pve or pvp generally, either. There are some groups, but I can’t guarantee there’ll be any participation. Not really the best server for it, to be honest.

1 Like

The only records I want to see are Snapchats of cats.

4 Likes

All the cats. When I get to trust level 2 or whatever lets me link stuff, I’m totally going to derail drama threads with cat vids.

Edit --> And pictures. All the pictures. Probably of my cats.

2 Likes

It’s Trust Level 3 to link from anywhere that isn’t a trusted site. I don’t know what the “trusted sites” list is, but it isn’t an imgur gallery full of pictures of my tuxedo boy.

1 Like

I’ll compose youtube videos of my cats to derail drama. Youtube is trusted! I’ll record their day-to-day lives until they finally get sick of me and go for the kill :smiley:

Edit --> Anything Blizzard related, Youtube, Twitch, probably Twitter and Facebook. The last two I’m not sure about, but I’m pretty sure they’ll be added to the trusted list.

Imgur is a solid… maybe better off as a no. xD.

If Youtube, Twitch, Twitter, or Facebook are “trusted” then whoever programmed this system needs to have that word defined for them.

But then, I think we all knew that. Since we clearly don’t need an ignore feature or anything.

3 Likes

I imagine ‘Trusted’ means that they’re pretty sure the website’s not going to give you a virus. Not that the content itself’ll actually be work friendly.

1 Like

This I can get behind. :cat2:

1 Like