WW nerf predictions

Just saying, if you think there isnt a huge nerf bat coming to Dance of Chi-Ji, you are dreaming

No the paladins are probably ret which has incredible PVP burst that makes WW damage look like tickle-me-time.

FoF is not weaker than it was in BFA, however it has lost an azerite trait boost. FoF is still very effective from a damage per chi perspective and is where it should be.
RSK was buffed in SL with rank 2 which seems to have carried through some BFA hotfixes plus some extra damage (likely to make up for ToD change). Plus, weapon of order CD reduction benefits RSK more than FoF. So whilst RSK has been propped up, FoF has been left as it was basically.

Considering how WW is performing as of right now, this design works right now. I actually like RSK feeling much more prominent as it reminds me of MoP days.

I do miss the old artifact weapon passives like Cross Winds, Tornado Kicks and Transfer the Power. I really wish they’d bring back Cross Winds at the very least to boost FoF damage a little bit more. Liked the animation on it as well.

When I’m fighting double ww in 3s and their fists of fury is melting me through wall and cocoon it’s pretty stupid and I get tapped in 2 seconds from a monk alone lining the other dps in arena is pretty retarded also I don’t know what U mean by monk is the most balanced but yeah also a ww monk can keep up with a boomkin on damage in rbgs or regular bgs for being a single target spec yeah it needs a nerf ww have short defense cds and can easily port away and has something for every other class in the game so I don’t think their damage should be able to easily solo a class in 2 seconds if that’s your meaning of balance then I don’t know what to tell you

1 Like

If you’re playing with a mw, that’s why

No on a shaman and a boomkin in bear form

Dance of Chi Ji is worthless. I go with hit combo for both single target and aoe. The proc rate is okay but you lose hit combo.

Terrible data set - less than 4k parses, included multi submissions for the same characters, in the 90th percentile for a raid that -maybe- 5-10% of the player base is at. If you’re using that to base assumptions for an entire class spec. Stop.

1 Like

If they do nerf WW monk, I likely see them going for invokers delight as the thing they will hit with the nerf bat. I guess we can only hope they won’t destroy it or WoO to much.

FoF is a trash spell and I hate casting it these days (its not actually a bad spell). The channel is way to freaking long for the output. Getting creamed in pvp is entirely different, Iv faced 2 rets and a holy paladin before, that was truly suffering.

FoF I always thought was weird since it was quite a long channel without lust or heavy investment in haste. Maybe it would be better if we had a talent or baseline change to make it instant hitting twice and could get a stack to increase the attacks to 4 when using BOK. Kinda how MW has for BOK hitting up to 4 times when using tiger palm getting stacks.

I think that would help it feel much better and at max stacks gain 15 energy. That would also help a bit with being energy starved and cover for the channel of when we are recovering energy.

Whoops that’s a buff my bad. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

sounds similar to the artifact traits WW could utilize (every blackout kick and rising sun kick increased FoF damage stacking up to I think 10, I cant remember how it worked) I would even give up FoF for strike of the wind-lord (prenerf)

I think WW desperately needs Strike of the wind lord returned to the spec, either a talent or baseline. I have no idea why this spell got deleted. It smoothed over the spec and gave it a single target tool

One more edit: It would indriectly give us more legendary options as well, Invokers might not look like the best lego when you can crt with strike of the wind lord using keefers.

1 Like

I remember coming back and having Strike of the Wind Lord on my bars…I was so said I couldn’t use the prenerf version.

It gives a reason not to use FoF off CD for more damage. Im all for making the rotation smoother. We don’t even need more damage, at least while Invokers Delight is not nerfed.

You’re not just wrong, you’re stupid. Its pretty obvious you only say that because you went monk JUST to get by easily in PvP. No, its NOT easy to avoid monk damage, when their damage is constantly strong at all times.

/cries in mistweaver. If they need Pelagos they nerf us even more :rofl:

my own suspicion is if ww does get a nerf its going to revolve around the Kyrian covenant, and not ww itself.

1 Like

I am actually concerned for that as well. If a covenant stands out above others, improve the underperforming ones. WW will probably be nerfed but it would probably have to do with Xuen or something with burst. Then after that the nerf mob will call for convoke.

I will still be playing WW regardless but as far as damage they are ahead, just not leagues ahead of everyone else PvE and PvP.

I assume probably either weapons of order/invokers delight would be the go to things to nerf before nerfing the spec itself. Mostly since both of those things will likely stay constants this expansion outside of blizzard nerfing them.

1 Like

I think blizz understands that WW doesn’t scale well, and will get outscaled by other classes and after a patch will fall off. Maybe they wont–but frequent tunings are better than heavy handed tunings

Hi, just want to let you know I’m 1800 on 5 different toons, and my monks by far the hardest skill ceiling. Our defensives do absolutely nothing.

2 Likes