WW Monk Changes on Wowhead

"Upcoming Changes for Windwalker Monks to the Shadowlands Beta

posted 9 minutes ago by [Squishei]

Blizzard

Hello, Monks! We have a slate of changes and updates in this week’s Beta build.

Changes

*Energizing Elixir has been removed from the global cooldown.

*Spinning Crane Kick’s damage is now increased by up to 6 unique targets (was 5) struck by Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, or Rising Sun Kick, up to 60% damage (was 50% damage).

• Haste now affects the periodic of Crackling Tiger Lightning.
  • Weapons of Order has been redesigned for Windwalker Monks. Now, for the next 30 seconds, your Mastery is increased by 13%. Additionally, Rising Sun Kick reduces Chi costs by 1 for 5 seconds, and Blackout Kick reduces the cooldown of affected abilities by an additional 1 second.
  • Faeline Stomp now deals Nature damage (or heals if Mistweaver) to targets in front of the Monk when cast and continues to deal additional damage to targets caught in the Faelines.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where Rising Sun Kick and Whirling Dragon Punch were not contributing to Xuen’s Empowered Lightning.
  • Rising Sun Kick Rank 2 has been restored and increases the damage of Rising Sun Kick by 70%.

Works in Progress

We’re aware of balance concerns Windwalker Monks have about dual wield and 2 handed weapons. We’re considering different options to address the problem, and we’ll have more to share in the future. We’re also aware of many bugs related to Storm, Earth, and Fire, particularly in relation to other spells. We’re making every effort to improve the reliability of this ability.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318129/upcoming-changes-for-windwalker-monks-to-the-shadowlands-beta"

4 Likes

Awesome for WW!

Now where the Mistweaver love!

2 Likes

I’m confused. Is this just a % increase buff to our RSK? Or am I reading this wrong?

I read it as RSK rank 2 does 70% more damage than RSK rank 1.

1 Like

Careful, they might nerf the Chi-Ji talent again if we ask them to make Mistweaver changes.

5 Likes

No one takes it anyway

Well 10% damage buff on SCK i guess.

kinda nice but nothing special as WW’s don’t stack Haste anyway.

Venthyr will still be the covenant to go and this change is really questionable maybe this change was more focused at making it viable with serenity but I doubt it’s ever gonna outperfom WDP and SEF and Fallen Order.

Well maybe good in M+ otherwise its kinda whatever

Rising Sun Kick revert is good. the bugfix is also good but at the same time whatever.

If you want to make weapons matter more for Monks then unprune Tiger Strikes. And bring back the old passive which improved your weapons depending if you were wearing 2h or 1h weapons.

For the love of god make them immune to CC

These changes are not really impressive overall.

WW is still lacking:

Talent tuning and noticeably changes
PvP talent tuning (we still have pressure points as pvp talent btw)
Improvements to core class kit compared to other classes.

and #buffexpelharm

7 Likes

Nobody takes energizing elixir precisely because it was on the GCD. This should make it a viable option.

1 Like

most of this is bug fixes or small changes that should of been in the opening of the alpha. not 3 weeks from launch.

honestly its pretty pathetic it has even gotten to this stage.

basically none of that addressed any current issues other than the 2 covenant ability changes.

#deleteSEF.

you cannot fix that trash fire blizz. your spaghetti coding just cannot do it.

14 Likes

Literally gave us some last minute garbage changes. It’s funny how our post was clumped in on a day where they did an update for every class. You can guarantee that the only reason we got one was because they had to do an update for everyone today.

I take this as a guarantee that we’re shipping out as is. No surprise here, we all saw it coming.

EDIT:

This also in no way reflects that they actually listened to any of our feedback.

8 Likes

Just get rid of SEF, and make Serenity baseline.

4 Likes

I think before Rising Sun Kick rank 2 was bugged and just did the same damage as rank 1. And now it should do 70% more.

2 Likes

er it’s like 0 changes, they returned the damage on RSK and… nothitng more important, maybe we will take Energizing Elixir now
why they insists to make SEF a big CD on ww, why!?!?!?

3 Likes

These changes are so mediocre and minor to the mess ww is its just removing a few pebbles from a mountain. Ww need a sprwist level revamp and its just not happening before the expansion hits in short order. What a tragedy monk mains if any are left only have tank or bust.

#buffexpelharm for real. Also the images should at least trinket / get dispelled when the player does. And can we get a reliable stun please on a shorter CD…Definitely agree with your points.

1 Like

and able to hit 1 additional mob, that’s kind of huge in an aoe target capped world.

Doesn’t matter we don’t stack it, it gives us a greater value to the haste we would have.

I can get behind this

Kyrian may be playable now which would be ideal imo. It would also be nice to play energizing elixir again which also looks possible now, so these changes could be decent.

I personally don’t see why they added 2H WW as an option. If it’s causing balance issues this late into the beta they should really just remove it as an option.

At this point, I really just think they could retune the scaling that WW has with their mastery to make it a bit more competitive with other classes.

this change isn’t going to make EE good to get though, white tiger or ascension is still going to be best.

EE should have been on the unpruning though.

problems with dual wield and 2 handed…just do it like it use to be dual wield was faster but less dmg. 2 handed hit harder but slower and also more energy regen. something like that. its a start in a direction.

Doesn’t EE now line up with serenity? Coming off the GCD might make serenity viable again. I think they need to trash SEF. I wouldn’t mind of serenity was for the pure martial artist and they change SEF to be a pure pet class option to buff xuen. I personally love when xuen is out but I detest our SEF clones bouncing around at will or not doing anything at all.

No they need to revert it back to it’s original

1 Like