WW Monk Changes on Wowhead

in mop/WOD, monks have a passive hability called way of the monk that make you hit 50% faster by using 2 handed, and do 25% more damage on basic attack on dual wield.
they just need to bring it back (and revert staff to 2.5 attack speed instead of 3.0)

1 Like

I didn’t man monk in mop, what was the original?

1 Like

You controlled the clones and how many you summoned.
It was a debuff you put on the target and the clone lasted until the mob died and the clone died or was cced.
Cost 20 energy no cd, split once or twice.
It was only good for multi target and utterly useless for single target, but it added so much flavor and had some amazing things you could do with it.
One was if you had a clone active you could use transfer to swap places with it instead of the transcendence.
It was also why any long term cleave fights we were king.

Here is a video from baby face on it

https://youtu.be/0QLQNv2sptU

The problem with restoring original SEF is that it would require all our cleave/AoE abilties needing revision.

SEF was originally designed to be our primary cleaving ability since we had none at the time (SCK is AoE and FoF split damage, even on your main target).

With FoF now being a proper cleave/AoE ability it would need to be retuned if original SEF was reinforced. However, SCK and WDP would also require adjustments as they are currently tuned without that mechanic.

Blizzard would also be faced with needing to implement a damage CD to replace SEF which is not so straight forward as they would need it to be somehow unique.

The mark of the crane mechanic may also need revision, as it is designed with SEF ai to assist in mark generation.

Fof always hit primary target for 100%, always.

No it doesn’t the only unique thing about sef is that at anytime the ai could screw up, it’s a flat dmg boost with extra steps

Nope in MoP FoF did not have a target and could be cast regardless of whether you had a target or not.

FoF having a primary target was a change introduced with WoD but also meant you could no longer cast FoF without a target.

SEF not functioning correctly does not mean it is not supposed to have some sort of unique function.

That would not even be the hard part, an example function if we maintained the current mastery could be: your attacks always apply your combo strikes bonus (on a side note this would slightly help serenity as well).

I don’t recall fof splitting dmg among targets in all honesty, but it could be being pure pvp in that xpac I might not have noticed. Since even in rbgs I barely ever fought in team battles.

Regardless WoD had SEF that worked the exact same as MoP, without the interaction with transfer. Slightly moot either way.

Give tigereye back even if the legion alpha version, keep current mastery, and revert sef.

AI based cds is completely stupid, literally the only reason sef was changed was because idiots who didn’t read how the spell worked. It was infinitely better than it being tied to some bs crappy cd, which is the only cd that if used can screw us in pvp.

1 Like

Ty. Sounds like a good talent to swap to in raids on cleave.

It was a baseline spell

Oh I would certainly love for the original SEF to return as well as a number of other changes.