WW BiS PvP Covenant?

I haven’t got to play Beta, but looking at the abilities, I’m not sure which will be BiS for PvP. Updated NF looks pretty nice, but so does Kyrian and Venthyr.

Its looking like Venthyr is currently ahead of everything else. It can pump out a lot of damage, but it’s pretty RNG. It also just feels bad imo as a monk ability, not really interactive at all. Door of Shadows provides you with more mobility and could really give monks the ability to pull off some crazy plays in arena and bgs especially when paired with the transcendence legendary.

New NF changes are making it look like a more attractive choice for both pvp and pve. If you can lock someone down in the Faeline it can pump out some decent damage, plus its on a lower cd than all the other covenant abilities. The fox can be talented into a stun and provides you with yet even more mobility

Necro ability pretty much just gives you multistrike on a bunch of targets, but at the moment it doesn’t seem like the numbers are good enough to justify taking it, over Venthyr or NF. Fleshcraft is looking really good for pvp, and you could justify Necro just for that alone.

As for Kyrian i also feel like this ability is kinda meh, but there seems to be some potential from what i’ve heard. You will be able to bust out a lot more RSK’s and you get a decent mastery buff. The potion you get from the herald is really nice for pvp since it cleanses most debuffs/dots

TLDR: Venthyr is currently BiS for pvp for WW

5 Likes

Wow! Thank you for such a detailed response. I really want to play either NF or Kyrian for aesthetics, but I also don’t want to gimp myself. Hard choice moving forward.

3 Likes

One other thing to note is the Kyrian potion can not be used in rated pvp.

2 Likes

Are you sure. have they changed it that much? I was hearing Kyrian provides the best single target damage for PvE. Are you purely talking about Venthyr for pvp for WW monk?

Kyrain has been trash in pve and pvp in every version they made of it. This new version is just less trash because it no longer resets RSK.

Venthyr.

Night Fae if they decide for any reason to nerf Venthyr.

Kyrian would be good because of the soulbinds purely and the potion is really good for WW. The covenant ability itself is trash tho

necrolord is complete garbage not worth picking up.

yah kyrian for soulbinds look better. But I guess Venthyr may pull ahead.

Although the way Blizz has been changing it, things could change again and highly likely.

Venthyr is best by far right now, just by the numbers alone. It does a ton of damage. But my god is it an absolutely awful ability, I HATE IT. It makes us BM hunters. I already hate that Xuen is baseline; he breaks every CC in 10 yards and I don’t like summoning pets. SeF is also an annoying, bugged pet-like ability. So blizzard thinks, ‘hey, you know what you need? Another pet!..or maybe a few dozen?’ and that’s the venthyr ability. Stupid panda monks that cast random abilities come out of a red vampire portal (? why) and ‘help’ you by hitting random stuff. Cool. But hey it does biiiig daaaam.

Seriously it’s not fun to use. It doesn’t interact with any of our other abilities…oh wait it does…it makes SeF do less damage for no reason whatsoever (another SeF bug?). It’s just another stupid pet button to press.

Please just throw this stupid ability in the trash and rework it.

1 Like

This is 100% how I feel. Monks are the #1 class that by far should not rely on other things outside themselves. We don’t even need weapons! All we need is our fist, our feet, and our ki. We dont need to be summoning more pets than a Bm hunter or a Demo lock.

6 Likes

The Venthyr monk covenant ability is a result of Blizzard not having enough resources for monks and that holds true for both creative/design aspects and tuning.

Blizzard would have been like, what can we do?
I don’t know man!
Here is an easy one, let’s just give them some pet damage.

Voila, the Venthyr ability is born.

2 Likes

As far as I can remember, monks are the only ones with a covenant ability that summons…WHY?

Its completely out of nowhere.

4 Likes

If any covenant class ability needs a rework, its monk venthyr. Rogues got their Venthyr class ability reworked, now it’s the monks turn.

2 Likes

So many people hating the WW summons but I love it…overwhelming opponents with SEF, Xuen, Fallen Order Monks seems really fun and IMO looks cool.

2 Likes

If you were good at monk, you could be top 3 dps in raids. Did you have to work 100X harder than other classes with more effort? yah, but if you specced right you could get solid dps numbers.

I see a good setup in Shadowlands for mythic dungeons. The dps may drop off later on in the expansion because of how WW monks scale though. However, you can’t rule out adjustments in future patches. I’m still going to main my WW monk for shadowlands.

You people are all wrong - CLEARLY it’s the covenant with the best armor transmog which is the necrolords because they have a third arm and hand sticking out the shoulder which also means we get 3 count them - 3 hands in combat.

Think about it - the left gets blocked, the right gets parried - AINT NO PROBLEM! the third right comes up the middle straight for the nuts and you know it’s gonna hurt because the fist is nothing but bone with zero padding.

How is kyrian not the best? I don’t have beta but it says RSK and Keg Smash are reset instantly. It also reduces the Chi for WW by 1 and it keeps increasing damage by up to 40 percent on keg smash. 30s of higher burst damage on a 2 min CD seems incredible.

Wouldn’t this benefit really high haste and crit builds? Or maybe even our mastery?

Does this not work?
Tp RSK Tp Rsk Tp FoF Tp Rsk Tp and so on? Maybe the chi isnt exactly right or the sequence but seems like some serious ST dps with Kyrian.

For BrM, high haste equals more Keg Smashes and that’s our big hitter. Follow up with Fire Breath on CD and that helps our dps especially on big pulls.

Am I missing something?

From what I’m thinking combining the Ventyhyr summoning portal along with xuen and SEF probably makes for massive burst in PVE on the opener. Not playing beta, but that’s my theory on it.

Kyrian might be better though for a longer fight probably since you can use the CD more often.

If anyone is on the beta can chime in that would be nice. thanks.

I’ll help you. Since I’ve been testing a lot on the beta.

First, it no longer resets RSK.

It just reduces the cooldown by using blackout kicks.

And its only a small mastery buff which does not apply to Xuen, ToD, or Karma. So its a small mastery buff that doesn’t really buff… But hey you look cool for 30 seconds by glowing blue.

So right now we have two dps covens that actually boost dps. Ven which turns you into a demonology lock with 12 summons if you pop everything (8 clones, 1 tiger, 3 elementals). And then Nightfae with hits like a truck upfront then tickles after but that upfront hit is good aoe and you can do it every 30 seconds which makes it a sustain dps winner.

1 Like

Ok, I was looking at WoW Head and it showed it resetting. I thought that would be awesome. If you still need to use BOK to reduce the timer, then not so good.

1 Like