WSG is dead

Loving SOD but the meta of Premade vs Pug “time to afk” is getting pretty stale.

In before “just join a premade yourself” - I don’t want to join a premade. I want to relax after work and play some pug bgs.

Signed - multiglad classic resto shaman

Absolutely horrible for the game

P.S. Most premaders are 1200 rated arena players : )

91 Likes

Yea when I see it’s a premade I just say GG guys before it even starts.

8 Likes

It’s because they gutted the Ashenvale event. Ashenvale is practically dead now and everyone is doing WSG premades.

This seems to be intentionally what Blizzard wanted…

:woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

It’s because it takes 6 hours to trigger the event. So it’s either log out or do something else. No one is gonna farm there for 6 hours. They reduced resource contribution down so low there is no point in doing it. Just wait till the addon says it’s time to go there.

With that said Qued into another Premade. I did get a nice few hits in killed someone then left.

4 Likes

Arenas are dominated by script bots.
WSG is a gamers’ game - much more intricate. It isn’t about killing people but working together to take flags.

WSG isn’t dead, retailers just need to adjust their mindset a bit :wink:

1 Like

I think stopping Ashenvale Rep at Revered was a wrong move, they should at minimum give some incentive to continue to participate, maybe at Revered you get 75% or 50% of the Rep, seriously something is better then nothing.

But till then WSG is the only way to reach Exalted, and until there is a reason to participate at Revered why bother?.

I personally don’t see a problem, if someone chooses to do Ashenvale Event all the way to exalted and enjoys it, why stop it?.

4 Likes

I feel like everybody was having fun last week, but something has changed…

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Because players wouldn’t do what they enjoy. They’ll do whatever is the most effective.

Gamers will go to extreme lengths to optimize the fun out of everything, this is a known fact and the reality of gaming today.

4 Likes

This is by far the number one request, and has been since the very first week BGs were introduced. A solo queue needs to be implemented.

17 Likes

A lot of people find what’s most effective to be the most fun. They aren’t optimizing fun out, contrary to the slogan. It’s how they enjoy games. There’s nothing wrong with content for sweats. Just don’t make that path the only way to progress gear.

3 Likes

They’ll never make it happen, the premades will come into the forums and gaslight you, RIP.

8 Likes

Ashenvale is still popping off on my server. Its wsg weekend though so a lot of people are doing that.

premades put their pants on one leg at a time too. just work together and beat them with the uberstrats.

Maybe that’s what it is, or maybe layers, but it feels like I went from a super high pop server to a low pop server. There’s hardly any chat in /general in Ashenvale, and I don’t see anyone around (I mean I see them sparsely here and there, but nothing like what it was a couple days ago… yesterday even?).

This is on Crusader-Strike, Alliance.

Classic PvP rewards farming honor.

If premades only play premades, then that makes farming harder for premades. It would incentivize people to NOT play with organized groups.

And that’s completely backwards in an MMORPG. You need to be incentivized to group up with others.

Barring a complete rework of the PvP system: I don’t think this ever changes. And the PvP system was just reworked so I don’t think we’re due for another rework any time soon.

1 Like

Dunno why you seem so salty towards people making pre-mades.

They are just trying to get quick honor and move on. Devs fault for not making a solo q.

Premades should really be matched against other premades, problem solved

7 Likes

BUMP. This needs to be fixed before BGs are completely dead for casual Solo players

5 Likes

How many thousands of posts have there been complaining about the exact same thing over the years. I read them way back in vanilla, and in classic, and here we are again. Learn to accept it or move on.

1 Like

Should only allow up to 2 people to que together. Or only do Premade vs Premade. Also world buffs should be removed if you join a BG. Too much sweat for some casual PvP lol.

2 Likes