Wrathful Gear Discount Soon? ™

Any plans to reduce this at some point?

35 Likes

Prob at pre patch in 2 weeks.

wrathful is available for honor in prepatch. but right now it should be discounted at end of season.

6 Likes

Is this a known bug? I was expecting arena discounts today

2 Likes

Not sure its a bug. They’re heavily discounting all wrathful gear in 2 weeks for cata prepatch. Doubt they’d bother making any changes before then.

2 Likes

every offseason they have reduced the arena points cost of the last set tier set for week, including last TBC season before wrath pre patch

4 Likes

Could be they’re handling the cata launch differently. A lot changes to the honor and gearing system occur in cata, including an entirely different honor cap. Bigger change than TBC → Wotlk.

2 Likes

Darn. I was expecting rating dropped, point discount, and tier-2 weapons rating requirement 2200 down to 1800, just like previous seasons. The end-of-season period with reduced costs/rating removed is the norm, wish we could get an answer on this and hopefully the changes implemented.

3 Likes

again, TBC-Wrath had half price arena gear before it went to honor, so regardless of the WOTLK-CATA this should still happen, we are still 2 weeks away from pre patch and the changes

7 Likes

Possible, but i feel like we would have seen it today if that were the case. We will know for sure in the coming week.

2 Likes

would be nice to get an answer on if were getting wrath at a reduced price or not… the waiting game continues.

6 Likes

so would if there is even a pre patch event etc …

I’d hope so but right now on beta wrathful 5/5 + weapons is still sold for arena points + a rating requirement. Wrathful boots / belt are now 300 ish honor but still require 1000 arena rating which makes no sense.

Currently only relentless is easier to get - justice points that can be gotten from leveling dungeons.

3 Likes

Would be nice to know since cata beta vendors seem likely unfinished and we can’t really go by that. In Org there’s some vendors where 3-4 vendors are stacked on top of eachother selling different things from the same named NPC, so I’m guessing that’s not finished yet.

I just got an alt to 80 and was wondering if I should bother spending any pve or pvp currencies I get before pre-patch.

In beta the vendor in Area 52 that sells 238 ilvl furious weapons is gone and I didn’t see any vendor in org or dalaran sewers that sells furious weapons for honor. Wanted to see if the current 19k honor cost was basically the same after conversion or if there were better or cheaper weapons you could get for honor in the pre-patch, but currently in beta you can’t even buy it at all and the other weapons still need arena points on the vendors.

4 Likes

bump
a reply today would be nice <3

5 Likes

When Season 7 ended it was in the wee AMs after the season ended you could buy 2200 weapons at reduced arena points price if you were above 1500 rating. The rating requirements for everything else dropped off completely and shoulder, head, etc could just be purchased for arena points. Similar timelines for other arena seasons ending, this is not following the norm for classic arena seasons.

6 Likes

A one sentence Blue reply would clear this up.

10 Likes

please magic blue marker speak to us, give us our daily pixels

2 Likes

Pretty sure they only use twitter / reddit. Someone on twitter tell them that wow pvpers exist.

2 Likes

My entire world of warcraft career was leading up to this moment I could buy the gear I wasn’t good enough to get when it was current, and then have a glorious 2 weeks of knowing I was wearing full-BIS while playing battlegrounds and ignoring objectives while I specifically single-out undergeared players. Blizz pls fix

4 Likes