Wrath was Popular for a reason

No, you’ve got a circular logic issue.

You’re trying to say that endgame content is content that awards endgame gear. And endgame gear is what you get from endgame content.

Textbook circular logic.

2 Likes

WoW was already #1 before Wrath.

Wrath is just the #1 WoW.

Marketing and advertising didn’t bring in a majority of players to Wrath, it already started with them.

1 Like

LFD added staying power with casuals, letting them do more content with less time investment.

It’s also fantastic for alts.

7 Likes

It didnt add to the games sub count. It was just a tool to stem the losses at the time.

And… how is that not a good thing, and exactly what I said?

Because the idea that is pushed by this revisionist history is that LFD is what was responsible for the games player count. It wasnt.

All LFD did, was try and plug the hole caused by ToC, which had people running for the hills.

It was not attracting new players, it was just giving addicts a way to keep churning the same tired dungeon content with their alts.

According to who? LFD was a popular tool when it was added, and helped stave off the hemorrhage during the longest content drought the game had had up to that point.

See above. Also, how is it a bad thing?

It doesn’t have to attract new players to be a good tool for the popularity of the game and the expansion.

It also fixed a massive problem - dungeons for casual players and on smaller servers. Which… we have right now.

5 Likes

No disagreement on most of your points. I’m not saying its a bad thing. The issue is people saying its whats going to ‘make wrath great’.

It isnt. Phases will be done by Quarter, to inflate blizz numbers. There wont BE a massive content drought. LFD is just going to be there (I think they will cave and add it) but its not even important.

It was there to try and hold back the tide, and as we all know, it didnt work because dungeons are not the game.

In what way would having LFD not make Wrath Classic, “great” - or at least, “better”?

It doesn’t matter if there’s no content drought. There wasn’t in Classic or TBC, really, but we still saw a drop off because players ran out of things to do, and especially when the dungeons were required to be run but simply couldn’t be for many.

When we actually need LFD in Wrath Classic - likely P2 - we should have it.

6 Likes

There was a massive content drought in TBC, we ran Kara for WAY too long.

Sure, but people also burned out because there simply weren’t dungeons for everyone to run - and that was the primary end goal because you wanted to get rep and badges.

Once there’s a significant problem with people wanting to run dungeons but not being able to, they should add LFD.

2 Likes

Bloom why have you not been posting on your level 10 alt blooddrunk lately?

A little too ironic…

Or more specifically, right after endgame content came and people lost interest in playing a game with no new content.

its like that was arthas man…all him.

I know irl former wow players. they liked the lfd. And played more at the end. they got gear scored in the first half alot. LFD allowed players who could play but lack gear play. the playing needing to fix the gear.

they don’t play anymore. Cata…was the nail in the coffin. MoP was the hammer that drove it in. but they liked the LFD.

Inb4 anecdotal. damn near all these arguments are anecdotal lol.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I said this:

I get that there are a lot of people who just dislike the questing experience and also don’t want to bother with forming groups. That’s a perfectly understandable thing!

Wrath set the literal all-time highest sub count record in WoW’s history and not only maintained it for a year, but hit yet another all time high that the game has never reached again.

But sure… Very unpopular expansion. :laughing:

2 Likes

This type of sh*t is hilarious. Yes Blizz, we want to do the same raid on 4 different difficulty settings! Forget the massive amount of complaining that happened that caused you to move away from this originally. 4x the same raid every week is a good thing!

LFD only expanded over time so wtf are you even saying?

Yeah, this was one of the two things that I actually wasn’t particularly happy about from that interview – I don’t like the idea of removing player choice from the equation because some guilds will choose to be abusive of it. Especially since many people like myself actually enjoyed spamming raids during offtime.

2 Likes

People say wrath lfd killed wow. LFD was cool to them. it was other things that irked them to the point they left.

The Wrath private server is almost non-existent and really only started gaining steam recently in anticipation of Wrath Classic.

Lmao. Pservers have gained popularity since the beginning. After cata released they gained MORE traction with Wrath. Being the most popular expansion in the pserver community. New servers release all the time and they always max out. Don’t talk about something you don’t understand.

Says almost no one. If you played in OG wrath you’d think differently. ToC was the beginning of the end of WOW. It literally started the decline in subs that wouldnt stop for a decade…

Played OG wrath beginning to end, also continued playing after cata released. But sure bud.

No changes!! Well… Except for the ones I want. AMIRITE?

" A Race Change is a paid service that was first available on October 27, 2009 ." Well ok, even though it WAS a thing during Wrath. Some changes are acceptable. But I’m saying TOO many will take away from what the expansion brought.