Wrath of the Lich King Classic Era

I just wanted to start the conversation and throw the idea out there early right now. I would love it if we got WOTLK Era after they move on from WOTLK classic. I think Blizzard should make just 1 server per region for us to transfer our WOTLK classic characters to to continue our journey in Northrend. I have a couple of points that I would like to go over to try to make my point.

First, I know that there are a lot of nay-sayers about Classic Era that call it “dead”, but if you actually log onto Whitemane or Mankrik on classic era you will see a vibrant community on both realms with multiple guilds raiding and pugs running on either realm. You will also see BGs popping at least Friday-Sunday every week, even Alterac Valley pops regularly! This works great with a couple of servers that feel active and alive, so I would suggest making just 1 server per region so that even if the active population isn’t huge, it will still feel alive and encourage people to come back and play, like people have been in Classic Era. If Classic Era can be this active, then so can the most popular WoW expansion of all time, WOTLK… Which brings me to my next point.

Second, I have never played private servers, but from what I hear there is one private server in particular for WOTLK that has been around and thriving longer than any other private server in existence, and this is a WOTLK server. There is clearly a market for people that want to play WOTLK and are fine with staying there long-term without new content even coming out. This is a good way for blizzard to get the market and keep it, instead of losing it when we move on to new content, whether that be Cataclysm or Classic+. This is a way for Blizzard to not only make those players happy. But also the players like myself who never played private servers, but have been waiting for a legitimate way to play WOTLK long term for years and have not had the opportunity.

Third, this is also a way to keep people subscribed for long periods of time. In the time that I have spent on the Classic Era realms I have met many people who raid and PvP on classic era, but also do content on the main-line Classic realms, and even on retail. Having a WOTLK Era server would be a way for Blizzard to keep players subscribed and playing an expansion that they love when there are droughts in retail or in the main-line classic servers.

Finally, with an apparent desire for seasonal servers of all types in the community, this is a great way to create a place for people to put their characters that they had in a potential WOTLK Season of Mastery server when the server moves on to the next seasonal server, so that they don’t lose their progress and can come back and reminisce and maybe do some content with the stable guilds that will be on the server. As of right now we have that option when moving from Season of Mastery, but what will happen when we go to move past a classic seasonal server? We need an option for those that don’t want to lose their character, but also don’t want to have it forced to move onto Cata, or MoP, or whatever seasonal server might be next in line in the future. This is a great long term plan for people to save their progress and come back to it whenever they want.

Please let me know what you guys think. I know that this is early, but I wanted to throw it out there so that it’s in Blizzard’s head early and they don’t forget about the option. They said when they didn’t make a TBC Era server that they would be open to making servers like Era in the future if we were interested, and I am interested! Thanks.

For me, I’d want to keep era, era. Don’t wanna confuse vanilla for classic wow know what I mean.

In fact Classic-Era is the only way to enjoy the 1-60 wow experience. And a reason being that if Classic was intended to have an expansion followed up by another expansion and so on then those who played classic from 1-60 and went to TBC to take their characters from 60-70, then now from 70 to 80, had actually levelled their character that wasn’t a character intended to end-game @ 60 or continue to give life to the world helping those who are new or returning, coming up with ways to make a persons experience better in the world of warcraft, or entry into WoW memorable so they stay and would want to bring more people into that world because of that experience, it’s like kinda Classic is a flame lit from a stolen spark. How would you level you’re 1-60 character throughout your journey knowing that this was it, would you change pace, take time to chill out and actually get to know people on the side of your quests whilst the world around you is full of distraction, will you take it all in throughout your 1-60, or ignore most of what’s to be experienced throughout your 1-60 and come back to take it all in at that level, which will make you think again, on how you will level your next character and how that journey will be. What will you do to impact the community? And to make an impact you need to be apart of that world which is an open community.

*Side note, a lot of people will be finding it difficult returning to Classic Era from Classic because of the significant changes their characters have undergone resulting in an entirely different game mechanic and way that character is handled/played, you know the effort it took to get to know your character from all that slow levelling. So going back to a level 60 that you had taken to the expansions are worlds apart in skill.

Anyways, whitemane server is a good start for Australia and US, don’t be shy to join this experience the community is pretty good and everyone is holding the doors open for people to return to Classic Era, get things poppin’ off more than they are already poppin’. This is probably the first true 1-60 experience, let that spark your imagination, get it running wild. Even the fact that the community has to reach out to a community to play a game to have this experience is pretty cool, I remember introducing all these people into WoW for what only “Vanilla” “Classic Era” brought to the table for us experience wise, which was lost, everyone chatted when Classic came out for that vanilla vibe, that spark that brought us all to the game originally, but traces of that have remained throughout the course of the expansion pack, yet somewhat returned when classic wow came out but then diminished as soon as TBC was announced and especially released.

But I realise it’s up to the player base to tell players about how good a game is, so here I am telling you how good this game is come play it for what it is and what it wont be.

Whitemane server, Classic Era

It’s like TBC/WOTLK are retail clones, when playing Classic Era and level from 1 onwards you will soon come to realise a lot of things and the truth in saying that, as well as the prestige that has been lost from your character moving to TBC/WOTLK. And it’s like this was to get Blizzards retail clone off the ground and they used Classic, got everyone through to the expansion, re lit that original flame so who ever would would go through all those expansions again lol, as some of their reasoning not to play era is because they don’t want to do that all over again since they already have, and its like dude, look what you’re saying and what you did already, you’ve played a wow that has expansion packs at the end of every end game, what we haven’t done is play a world of warcraft that had no expansion pack intended, then see what fruits come forth of that Classic Era world of warcraft, Blizzard would be forced to think of stuff to keep the community involved in the world with new things to do but without changing the game or dynamics nor separating everybody from each other in a game that’s suppose to be for the community as a whole at all times.

Blizzard hasn’t bothered to create Classic Era Phase 7, a.k.a. ‘Classic+’, because they successfully convinced the majority of the playerbase to be rail-roaded through their themepark of retail expansions, again.

TLDR

I think you’re being wildly optimistic that they’ll even go into the Cataclysm.

I’ve seen people talking about Wrath since basically day one of Classic. You do not see that level of interest in literally any other expansion.

1 Like

Wrath is the only expansion that still feels like old WoW and is good.

Well, with that said I’d do a fresh start MoP.

Monk is my favorite class.

1 Like

Nah it’s a fully-fledged retail expansion and nothing like Classic WoW.

It’s like people go to the expansion cause they think they’re gonna best the next one since they’re all at a same level starting point, wanting to be first kinda thing is driving people away from just kicking back and having fun. I think. I play both versions.

Yeah Classic Era for WOTLK is probably a no-brainer given it’s clear popularity in the private server community.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.