Wrath is P2W

There’s no “evidence” to prove anything because Blizzard doesn’t release data and nobody is out here running studies lmao

You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. We need look no further than what an item would go for in a Classic GDKP than a Wrath GDKP to see that inflation exists due to a larger money supply. We don’t need a study–we’ve watched it happen in real time. Do 10s of thousands of DKs farming gold and injecting it into the economy through gold selling NOT alter the money supply?

I mean an item in vanilla sold for 200k

Beautiful information

Gressil, Dawn of Ruin sold for 197k in classic vanilla

I am on Grob. Pop is fine for both sides. GDKP groups are everywhere, but I have no issues finding pugs for my alts. 15k gold to my name and farmed on my own. Never done a GDKP even in retail. Guild does MS>OS 3sr. Not a single person in the guild I have ever met until wotlk classic. I raid on multiple characters(4) all over 4200GS maxing out at 5100+. I recently had a Spanish only speaking guild offer both my paladin alt a Valanyr spot in their second 25m and a spot in their core 25 with my alt disc priest when they know my main is rdruid and isn’t leaving guild. I don’t even understand Spanish, but hell it will be nice to have Algalon 25m down on an alt before my main I guess. Though there is a language barrier I respect them and they respect me which I find really cool honestly. I don’t go out of my way to be super nice to anyone. I just play the game.

Enlighten me what makes me different from you? How come I have found success on multiple characters and yet you struggle? Do you play 1 hour a week? Do you suck at whatever your main is? Do you just annoy people and are unaware? Are you trying to skip gearing tiers with the expectation that a group is obligated to catch you up? I am genuinely curious why I have no problems finding success in a sea of strangers on Grob, but you can’t. Checked on Benediction on a horde and alliance toon there are groups for almost all sorts of raids maybe even more than Grob that aren’t gdkp. So that was a lie. Unless you play at some weird time.

Without answers to the above I can really only say this:

What do you expect the outcome of this forum post to even be?

Blizzard isn’t going to see this post and fix your problems.

No one in the forums is gonna swoop in and be like, “don’t worry kitten I’ll save you even if I have to carry you,” and fix your problems.

I don’t even understand why you took the time to post. Venting? Seems like a waste of time when you could be looking for groups.

With your perspective/attitude I am not surprised no one wants you in their groups. Try using more effort, if not pull out your credit card if you feel that solves your problem (Tho no average player needs to buy gold no do I condone the buying of gold in the first place, but I mean if you get banned for it then it solves your problem anyway) or just quit.

But this is still the isolated GDKP ecosystem. On the server I play on Flasks of Endless Rage were 6g in the first weeks of Naxx and are still 6g now. Enchanting mats got cheaper, several other materials too. It was cheaper for me to level Engineering from 0 on my ex-Alchemy alt than it was to do so on my main at launch.
Somehow all the things I use every raid didn’t get more expensive.

Because he doesnt know what hes talking about.

When you say Classic Vanilla, you’re referring to 2019 classic, yes? If so, why weren’t items selling for 200k in OG Vanilla?

I’m not going to pretend money supply wasn’t huge in Classic, and there were tons of bots there.

The money supply didn’t exist in OG Vanilla.

I’m simply saying that as expansions go on and money gets easier to obtain through killing mobs, prices must increase as well. There’s a reason Flying Mounts and Epic Flying are more than just 100g.

We have history of market prices on every server for the entire duration of the expansion.

Inflation within the game in general somewhat exists but based on price history the only thing you can say is that prices inflated due to release of expansion and not because of bots. That is unless you actually believe all the bots suddenly appeared during prepatch, farmed billions of gold and inflated the economy during the first couple weeks of expansion launch, and then quietly disappeared less than a month in once prices stabilized.

What happens when there is more supply than there is demand? Just curious.

You can also thank bots for the increase in productivity that caused these to stay low.

Items in raids go for more and more. The bots can’t produce those at the same rate.

The average item in Ulduar goes for 3-5k.

You sound like someone who has never actually ran a normal GDKP, and only pays attention to the sensationalized bis items they’ve seen go for hundreds of thousands of gold on streamer GDKP runs.

It’s very easily possible to run several toons through GDKPs and come out in the positive on each depending on luck with drops. You do this on multiple toons per week for multiple tiers and you’re going to have a lot of gold.

If you want to argue the original source of all of the gold, good luck on that one. The mega servers have been around so long there are billions in circulation.

By the way, none of this affects those that don’t want to run GDKPs for loot. They just have to find a guild with a system that works for them. Don’t blame people that prefer the GDKP method for the fact that you can’t find anyone who prefers an outdated DKP, or corrupt loot council system.

Then if it’s isolated to the GDKP runs what does it matter that the gold is being rolled over and over into giant snowballs?
If people woke up to 60g flasks or even 20g now that’d be actual inflation happening and a thing to whine about.
What does it matter for YOU that a Flare of the Heavens can go for 150k gold inside the GDKP you’re not a part of?

LOL, how many more alts do you plan on posting on about GDKP and buying gold and how the guild treats you bad, and you never get loot, and yada yada yada – when really we all know what you want is tokens so you can (and you guested it), use real money, to buy tokens, to sell those tokens into gold so you can into GDKP’s to buy gear and your bis without having to work through a guild. Your thinly veiled deception is not working very well.

Sounds like you should just find another game.

1 Like

There’s a far greater supply of money in Wrath than there was in OG Wrath amongst actual playing characters. The expansion didn’t change.

Bots and 3rd world farming did.

GDKPers are not doing any different content than guilds do. I take that back, a lot of guilds arent doing hardmodes yet so GDKPers are actually working harder than a lot of guilds do.

Mmhmmm… Your attitude says it all.

There’s plenty high performance guilds on every server, maybe you’re just not good enough to get into one.

Funny – our guild is working on hard modes and we’re not GDKPers. So that is not exactly a true statement but more of a generalization.

But my comment was not about if GDKP’s or guilds are doing anything different. All this dude wants is an ez way to make money to get into GDKPs (aka: tokens) so he can buy that loot he so badly craves.