Wrath is P2W

You either buy gold off the hundreds of thousands of DK bots to buy all the best gear in GDKPs or you join a Loot Council guild and do favors for the raid leader on Discord so he gives you a chance to roll on your BiS against 4 other officers who don’t need it.

You can’t even PvP unless you get BiS PvE pieces.

Wrath is P2W af. There’s no way around it.

21 Likes

I haven’t run a single GDKP since P1 of TBC.
I play with my guild and occasional naxx 2 bosses for some 226 on alts.

is WoW P2W? Perhaps, but so is everything else. The second any game as any loot or trading, it is P2W.

3 Likes

I have never bought gold and don’t use loot council. Have 95 plus parses accross the board and near full bis with everything cleared.

Sounds like it’s not pay to win outside of what everything in the world itself is.

Sounds like you don’t know how to join like minded players which is what wow is about playing with like minded players.

3 Likes

Yeah i’m on Bene, no groups but GDKPs and the only non-GDKP guilds are described in that LC example I put in my post.

Yea I consider Retail P2W too cause of the tokens.

1 Like

I’m on fair which is bene but for horde.

As such try again.

There is tons of loot list guilds on bene and know that as have looked before. Loot list is one of the more popular loot systems in classic.

1 Like

Cool shoot me a couple names and i’ll go join their bench and never get put in.

If you are getting placed on the bench and never placed in that is 100 percent on you stop being bad.

Guilds are having issues getting players to show up and are constantly recruiting. The 3 diff guilds I play with are constantly recruiting and not a single person has not been put in that has joined in fact not a single one has raided less than 75 percent of the time. If everyone never puts you in it’s since you must really suck at the game which is on you learn to play before playing with others that’s not pay to win that’s basic decency.

As for names won’t give you names. I’m not going to subject guilds I have looked into to someone with the kind of stance and attitude you are showing. You in this thread in the short time I have known you already would have made me not invite you to the guild in fact within 3 lines would have prob blocked you. While people are wanted no one is after a meme that thinks the world is about himself.

You might have more fun with a game like Tetris or Super Mario Bros.

2 Likes

Probably because it’s easier and faster to just GDKP instead of sitting in Discord with 30 - 40+ yr olds trying to figure out a solved MMO raid.

4 Likes

Is it this moment in TBC when you decided to stop buying gold lol

2 Likes

I invest heavily into my one main toon, and it does not require any good when you main 1 toon. I wouldn’t ever risk 10,000s of hours for a few k gold. Those who risk, good for them. They care less than I do. (PS. It was Gruul’s lair, cuz it was P1, and I needed shield and was gonna get it for 100g cuz other tank didnt need it).

I really don’t see the problem with GDKP guilds or runs. You bid on the loot with gold instead of DKP. How you earn that gold is up to the player. At the end of the run you earn a little gold, just like you’d earn a little DKP.
You can argue buyers get carried through the content, but a run with any loot system can and does carry low performing players. What exactly is the difference? Most of the gold is earned from previous GDKP runs anyway… At least GDKP is fair.

3 Likes

Its primarily lazy broke players throwing out baseless accusations.

1 Like

A year has approximately 5782 hours where a person is awake.

I understand the point you’re making, however, and that seems like it was a good deal :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, it’s earned through the modern [Insert white lady’s name here]Express gold buying website from the tens of thousands of DK bots, then it’s laundered through GDKPs where the “carriers” say “Well I didn’t buy it, how they got it is none of MY business…” as the constant influx of gold buying drives up the costs of everything through inflation (the only thing it does that is effective for the playerbase is make getting epic flying more attainable due to its fixed cost despite the steady influx of gold) and people are simply bidding higher and paying more for more real life $$$ than they would have if they didn’t buy gold and just used their in-game earnings. And the person who’s ready to spend massive bucks, they get an advantage, and that in no way is “fair”

4 Likes

^ like that guy

Inflation caused by bots and gold buying is a myth. The only inflation that could reasonably said to exist is within GDKPs themselves and typically that also isn’t true as prices generally drop throughout the phase even in the big established GDKPs.

Never bought gold and I only do GDKPs, how do you explain that OP?

Basic economics dictates that in a game where money is created out of thin air through killing mobs, farming resources, etc. that inflation occurs.

Even withOUT bots, Inflation in these types of games occurs. Back when I was a kid running around Rune Scape, you kill a goblin and you get 3 gp. We just increased the money supply.

1 Like

Inflation only exists when the price of items increases and the value of gold falls. There is no evidence to prove that this has happened to any significant degree over the course of the expansion despite many claims about it being an issue.