Wrath Classic: Surviving the Zombie Infestation and Scourge Invasion

So me being in support of RDF not being included automatically means I’m in support of a different feature?

I’m not in support of BG’s giving experience. I’m simply responding to the masses of players taking over this thread to propagandize further a RDF agenda to be added back in the game.

You’ve expressed your desire for it to be included. Therefore I am expressing my desire for it to not be included. Simple as that.

3 Likes

I want RDF, but at this point I hope they don’t add it, even at a later content phase, just to see people mald daily on the forums over one feature that was* just a part of the so called “best expansion ever.”

1 Like

All the things you mentioned literally are class fantasy or town establishments at your disposal as well, and yet that isn’t enough. The game needs to be easier than that, even though you yourself listed out a bunch of easy ways to find your way to a dungeon. It’s quite ironic.

4 Likes

Thanks again for a non-trolling anti-RDF post. I appreciate your perspective but still have several questions.

1. Doesn’t allowing people to queue for BG’s, teleport there, and level up nullify your argument? It is literally the same thing but in BG’s instead of dungeons.
  2. If someone puts in the time to level via dungeons how did they not earn it?
  3. Is running to the dungeon and forming a group really the “challenge” you want the playerbase to remember and be proud of vs. the bosses they fought or crazy pulls they lived through? Why is running to the dungeon and manually forming the group the focus?
13 Likes

grats?

I was making fun of your “I’m-a-hard-workin’-American-man-in-a-video-game” ethos.

I do not. Trust me man, most sensible people don’t need video game achievements to prop up their psyche. What really psychologically impacts the entire player base is the ability to efficiently interact with the content they are paying to interact with. When you can’t, it makes continued participation unlikely.

5 Likes

then stay in classic and leave Wrath alone

10 Likes

RDF is not convenience for the sake of convenience. Wasting hours looking for group and sometimes even then being unsuccessful is way more than just inconvenient.

What people forget is the fact that as new expansions come you spend less time in any given level bracket (since leveling is faster), and more dungeons being added means the population will be more diluted between them. This all mean that it becomes harder and harder to get a group together, and it makes questing without worrying about dungeons by far the best leveling path for the average player.

If you want to remove unnecessary convenience, make it so that it doesn’t teleport you in and out, but keep the cross-realm queuing system. I want to be able to do dungeons reliably and not waste an entire play session without accomplishing anything just because I wasn’t lucky enough.

4 Likes

and thats selfish, its all about you and how you feel, you couch it in grand terms like “the community” but you are hamstringing the non hardcore players who have jobs, wives, families, school… so on and so forth. RDF gave them a chance to see what only the hard core folks got to see and participate in. and these folks felt a value in earning that stuff because while you may be able rdf 8 times in day, alot of them cant. they just dont have the time. but to make you feel better about yourself you take the tools away from them that allow them to play how they want too, becuase it upsets your self centered compass of what has value? And to alot of us, it wasnt a minigame, we want RDF for what we used it for. we put together our group in the city, THEN used rdf to travel to the dungeon because we didnt and still dont have the half hour to waste getting everyone to the dungeon through traveling and/or summoning. and what the hell does it matter how anyone else values your achievements in game, thats for you, not them, and how they get it or got it should have ZERO bearing on how you feel about it. thats like saying bill gates makes me feel like a horrible person because hes a billionaire so my having a 100k a year job and wife, camper, truck, and family mean crap now because hes a billionaire. NO ONE CARES about your achievements in game, they are focused on getting their own.

2 Likes

One of the most disingenuous points pro-RDF people make is they mock the ‘social interaction’ example by Brian B as the ONLY social interaction that can come from looking for a group.

Consider this, I have made many friends in the couple guilds I have been in since Vanilla Classic because we would run dungeons together all the time. Why? Because I could not log on, hit que dungeon, and continue not talking to anyone. People I still play with or talk to outside of the game. Before classic I made almost 0 effort to get to know people in retail because most content was available at the click of a mouse. I would like RDF in the game, but let’s not act that asking if a player is a tank is the ONLY social interaction can come from this.

2 Likes

We do not want RDF
RDF puts people in groups they will may never see again.
Therefor it takes away from the game.

JUST like when BGs became cross realm.

It was amazing every single day of og vanilla that you would run into someone in open world… they killed you or you killed them… then see their name in the battleground…

RUINED

Keep RDF gone!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to get that two-handed axe on my mage

1. I don’t agree or support BG’s giving experience. Just because that exists doesn’t mean I want more of that to make what I have expressed worse by adding RDF on top of it.
  2. Leveling purely through dungeons through an automated group forming and teleportation tool is a path that is by far with lesser resistance than a path without that tool. Therefore a path that isn’t similar or identical with some inconveniences along the way isn’t a path I would consider as earning anything in comparison to a path that is with difficulty.
  3. What is the difference between the LFG Tool they are implementing vs a RDF Tool. The main difference is the travel to the dungeon itself. If you cannot be bothered to run to the dungeon with the tool they’re implementing already then I don’t think those players have the patience or personal will to deserve having a character at level cap or great gear that comes from the reward of doing dungeons.
2 Likes

There is NO difference in per server RDF and the abomination LFG system we must look forward to now.

No one is asking for cross realm RDF.

only if you chose not to see them again, i built a 300 player guild out of RDF starting with only 3 players. and i still talk to them 10 years later in real. so the experience is different for everyone i guess. but it does NOT kill social interaction.

2 Likes

Thats fine but only if it comes with dropping the pretense that 1) the interaction of forming a group is meaningful and 2) RDF group are incapable of producing interaction.

1 Like

and i made a ton of friends using RDF, in fact i built a 300 member guild on Nordrassil back in the day and still talk to most of them in real today and alot of them dont play the game anymore. its not the tool, its HOW YOU USE IT. if you chose not to talk to anyone in RDF thats on you, not the tool.

3 Likes

I am a 30 year old adult with a full time job, a wife, a family, and friends. I get it.

My downpoint for WoW was originally when RDF was added.

I’m purely looking at it from a stance of why I chose to play Classic versus Retail.

Retail is riddled with way too many convenience tools that any sense of achievement is squashed from what it used to mean in the Classic Era.

The argument of selfishness goes both ways given we fundamentally disagree on this topic. You wanting this tool is purely for your own convenience despite the ramifications that entail on a big picture scale effecting the game as a whole for everyone involved.

They are including the LFG Tool which is an excellent compromise. You’ll be able to easily form a group simply by making a posting, and then travel to the dungeon once the group is formed.

2 Likes

Goodbye RDF its time to gooooo
Gonna leave you far behind and face the truth!!!
Mamaaaaaa oooooooooo
Blizzard made me cryyyyy
Now ill have to type… need a tank… need a tank need a tank
And i thought my voice even mattereddddd

2 Likes

have you seen the lfg channels in tbc classic now? lol theyve gone political because they found out its a global channel or something. so its either full of toxic bs, poiitical bs, sexual bs, or just general weapons grade autism… and those trying to use LFG get lost in the crap.