Wrath Classic Feedback and Decisions

Naisin or whatever seems like the most toxic one tbh. The others seem casual by nature, even lfg isn’t too bad, he just has a lot of gold/cash to blow and no life.

They want blizzard to be the giant kindergarten teacher in the sky and pair people off so they get the playtime they “deserve” because they cant make friends.

This doesnt apply to people who want rdf for leveling tho; there are very real issues with people constantly leveling out of range of eachother, and untill they change to #nomoreservers or some sort of dungeon scaling (ala ffxiv, which i think is the worst option) i’ll support rdf for normal dungeons.

This very much applies to people who think they need rdf to get badges in phase 1. You dont/you wont, good bye.

thanks dude, i appreciate that. but clearly being willing to compromise and talk about the real problems people have without rdf in the game is toxic.

Right?

or is it that i wont be bullied and when people say dumb stuff and make ultimatums about the game i rub their nose all in it; not only to get them to either stop or to realize that screeching “BUT YOU OWE USE RDF” isnt helping anyone, but because i enjoy it immensely. in that case maybe juuuust a smidge.

It’s almost like you think we will believe RDF is bad by showing us how RDF fixes a ll those thing that LDF tool ignores.

Your attempt to turn RDF into slander fails more than the LFG tool fails, which is pretty hard to do.

6 Likes

If you need a tool like this there are plenty of modern mmos that do this. I personally feel like you are crying children because you already have this system in every other mmo you go try; it is because you want to fundamentally change our mmo, the one we’ve played for 3 years, the one that specifically doesnt have these systems.

I dont care that wotlk fundamentally changed it in retail.

We dont want the dynamic fundamentally changed now . thats why blizzard didnt implement it. thats the reality of the situation you are actually experiencing in real time here: and ignoring that like this is a situation you can debate yourself out of is doing you, and the people leveling on dead servers, no favors.

This is where you are wrong. You can say I don’t want it and that is okay. There is currently a poll on the Wrath reddit page that has it at almost 5 - 1 in favor of RDF in WotLK.

Guilds that are still together since the start of classic also agree for the most part. Most people that rolled classic have their mains and would not mind a more efficient method of leveling and finding new people to play with.

You keep saying we but you are now the minority and quite simply put your opinion no longer represents the “we” of classic (it really did not before but there was just more gatekeepers and many of them have moved on).

9 Likes

The WotLK Reddit page includes large numbers of people who do not play WoW, or who mostly play retail, and doesn’t include large numbers of people, like myself, who do not spend time on Reddit. I came to classic because I was tired of not being able to group with my friends, because RDF rewards people in in demand classes for queueing solo rather than with friends.

1 Like

Why are you trying to limit Normal and Heroic versions of the game? This is huge for a lot of people. The reason we love WOTLK is because there is always so much to do and you can choose how much you want to participate in. Taking away the normal or heroic lockout weekly and making us choose what to run takes away half the content???

1 Like

if they havent actively played TBCC, that isnt the playerbase. Im not interested in how people who “might play if X” feel.

^^^
If you were “planning on playing wrath”
Waiting on wrath
Interested in wrath
And not playing tbc, youre not a player, and not part of the playerbase.

Because this really only applies to TotC, for the first part of the expansion this doesn’t matter at all, and even back in TotC, people were complaining that four different difficulties you have to run each week made no sense.

No dude. Players who don’t want RDF have been dealing with an endless sea of retail players trying to force retail “QOL” into Classic, which is supposed to be an old school MMORPG. Nyseine is generally very level headed, but I’ve been watching them get worn down by stupid senseless arguments from RDF stans, and I can totally understand getting to the point where it’s like “You know what, I don’t need to convince you of anything, cause Blizzard agrees with me, and you’re not getting RDF!”, cause I’m pretty much there myself.

It’s cathartic to see players say they’re gonna “quit” (really means they’re not gonna tour Wrath for a month as a break from retail), because Blizzard is providing Classic MMO players with a continued Classic MMO experience. It feels great to have a game that fills the needs of our specific community, and it’s nice to see Blizz serve as stewards of that experience in this highly contentious design decision.

That would be the players who openly say they want a single player experience.

1 Like

RDF is a must for wrath to be blizz-like, but its clear to me that they do not want wrath to be blizz-like and will eventually push players back to pservers.

4 Likes

RDF is Activision like. No RDF is original Blizzard like. I do not want RDF to incentivize my tank friends to prefer dungeoning alone to grouping with their friends.

1 Like

dude no one cares about your power manipulating fantasies

2 Likes

You don’t believe this. You know “don’t like it don’t use it” is a nonsense argument.

If you don’t have an abundance of time, you are not suited to Classic MMORPGs, and that’s okay!

Go show me how many people manually create SFK runs in Retail. We all know it’s zero. There is no “choice”. Stop gaslighting.

This is where I’ve gotta say, wish for Blizz to do this in one hand, crap in the other, see which fills first!

This is what makes your lot hypocrites. You turned around and did and supported the precise thing you categorically hated and met with vitriol for three years. For the record, I supported changes, but not any that would actually change the spirit of Vanilla (which would have included RDF). Changes like improving the AH search functionality, or very conservative raw number tweaks for classes that were wildly underperforming (like what if we just upped the number on one of their talents so balance druids did, say, 65% of the damage of the next least damaging class instead of 50%?). Anyone who lobbied for “nochanges” for the last three years and weren’t an utter hypocrite would be standing firmly in the pro-RDF camp right now.

Have this one backwards. He and you and yours are the ones with literally senseless arguments, in that you don’t actually put forth arguments that are supported by valid reasoning and aren’t riddled with fallacies. But yeah I’m sure if you were the type of person to scream that 2 and 2 make 5 until you were red in the face, it would be exhausting to have to see at nearly every turn someone contradicting you. But it’s not the sympathetic kind of exhaustion, which is what the people dealing with your hypocritical, self-absorbed, delusional screeching are experiencing.

Always grateful when you end on a pointed example of your bad-faith argumentation.

7 Likes

It wasn’t in the original WOTLK, and shouldn’t be in this one. That instant gratification, no accountability BS that’s dragged here from retail is exhausting. If you don’t want to play WOTLK the way it was, then don’t play it. They’ve already dumbed TBC down to barely passable as the OG content, and are already planning on doing so with WOTLK to appease the boosted GDKP retail mentality.

Why even play the game at all if the lot of you honestly just want to pay your way through things and stand idle in Dalaran on a toon you don’t know how to play in gear you didn’t actually earn?

I don’t care.

Changes that make the game more like Vanilla are good changes, since they make the game less like retail and more Classic. Simple as that. That’s always been my position.

Nochanges in Vanilla makes sense because you can’t get any more Classic than Vanilla.

I don’t care.

No I don’t.

That’s simply not true, you just don’t agree with me.

Gross miscarachterization. Actual fallacy. Kettle black.

This is 99% of pro RDF takes. “I WANT IT AND YOU OWE MEEEEE! I KNOW BETTER THAN U BLIZZ WTFFF!”

Well, at least you’re admitting that you don’t care that you are hypocritical, are a bad-faith interlocutor, and that what you have is an agenda rather than any consistent beliefs. That agenda being you get what you want, and any means are justified by working towards that end. I can safely put any direct discourse with you to rest.

4 Likes

You said the opposite:

SoM levels of failure does not mean 15,000 player queues on servers.

1 Like