Wrath Classic Feedback and Decisions

Or just add in RDF and stop changing anything else yeah cheers

3 Likes

I never said you could. You can absolutely incentivize it by having it skip TEDIUM tho. Which is how the game works.

Nope you’re wrong! Sorry.

My def of wow friends is: “people I play the game with” and in doing that as a tank I help them avoid TEDIUM. This idea of “true friends in wow don’t play the game together THATS JUST USING EACHOTHER” IS SO SILLY AND ROMANTIC OMFL.

That sounds crappt I’m sorry. Did that happen in game or on the forums?

Retail may be a better game for you! Or FFXIV, tbh it’s an incredible game if you haven’t tried it.

Nah man, come to whitemane I’ll tank a dungeon or lead a 2sr for you whatever you need bro

Not happening! Sorry btw.

Yea. I am fine if it is only for dungeons and heroics, and then does not give any extra rewards.
Like that would be perfect.
Hell make it so you cannot queue for a heroic unless you’ve finished it before. So if you do not have the achievement, then no queue for you.
That would allow people to use the current tool as well.

Blizzard quote? Oh, that’s right. Blizzard is known for the flip flop. It’ll happen.

Fixed for you, sorry it’ll be such a long wait if you ever do get it by that logic.

You fixed nothing. Fix yourself, fixing something in which you have no control is a major character flaw.

See now if we had some cross server dungeon grouping tool we could actually do some content =) Retail does feel so… railroaded and cinematic now. So many phases and transition sequences and this and that. At the core of retail though its still good. RDF IMO is still the crowing feature of the entire franchise. Sure the tool could be better but the pros most certainly outweigh the cons.

Make heroics tougher? Or add a heroic + version so everything isn’t just face roll

1 Like

I would absolutely support a cross realm lfg style tool like in retail for mythics etc. I had a long post a little earlier in the thread about how I feel personally the game would be much better if servers didn’t exist.

" You think you do but you don’t " ??? It’s not working . I have done 10+ runs and do know , nor remember anyone I ran with . Long term friendships are what guilds are for .

9 Likes

Well I tried to explain this situation to a new player who is thinking about playing. When I explained it to them they did not like forced socialization either. On the other hand they are very social and stream and chat with people the entire time. So there is a gap here still despite us being on the same page and it does turn some new players away. Lots of older players now too and they just want to play and get their stuff done I guess.

I am a very social player myself but I don’t try to force it at all. Nor do I need discord or anything to function if you get what I am saying. Some people want to log on and chat all day that is great. That is just not me. I just focus on the task at hand or my goals and be friendly. Hell I even help Alliance despite refusing to play on their side in Horde BG.

Cross server grouping tool would be amazing either way. I won’t lie I would even use raid finder now. I have no guild and no prospects but if I found a good guy leading some PUGS I would most certainly sign up. Sure a guild would be better and I am not against building up my team to be better either but most just sell out and move servers or sell characters or what not anyways. That is why I say friends may have a few definitions around here depending on who you talk to and how old they are etc.

Since we are getting race and faction change, can we get guild transfers too?
The downside of the free transfer, which I took advantage of, was not being able to bring my guild with me.

In response to the blue wouldn’t having RDF allow you to make more friends? Maybe even transfer to their server and spend some more cashola? =)

I love how Blizz tries to spin this as a long term relationship haha. Without RDF I will be gone in 20 days most likely heh. With RDF I could play forever and level ALTS and unlock the story as it progresses the way it should. Clearly this LFG tool is better though and the thousands and thousands against it for over a month now have been speaking out about it for no reason. I mean people that don’t ever even post on the forums are showing up to show support.

3 Likes

So i understand that RDF was in the game for like 45% of the raw time the game existed, but 30% (of the total life of that expac) was one of the longest most hated content draughts ever. Those of us who played and progressed through WOTLK’s patches did it without rdf, when speaking about “the story as it progresses” remember that rdf was a cata feature that was rolled out in order to soften a (at that point in time) lethal content drought.

Remember icc launched without rdf (which came a few months later).

So naxx/uld/toc/ and 10% of icc happened without rdf which was only active during part of icc and ruby sanctum. COntent was frontloaded into the first 50% of the raw time the expansion existed.

Splitting into raid/heroic/etc channels would still potentially place thousands of users into these same text channels spamming for groups simultaneously. I agree splitting per phase isnt an ideal solution, however, i personally believe the lfd tool similar to what we had is likely the best option. With it people could queue up and continue questing or work on professions or literally just sit there and wait. With the current tool you cant really do that. At least make the group forming portion of it automated imo and make people have to travel to the instance. Ive said it before and ill say it again, i just dont understand the double standard of forcing pve to do everything manually but pvp has been automated through most of the games history and has been left entirely untouched by blizzard. Why have it one way for one set of players and completely different for others. I remember going to arathi back in vanilla to queue for the bg ( cant recall if it was required or not but dont believe it was, but the vendor was there for their gear so it was more convenient anyway) . If blizz wants the game to be more social j get it. But have the system be at least comparable for each aspect of the game imo

Sorry if this ends as wall of text as i am currently on my phone.

So this is where i disagree. I dont think you need to do that, and i think its good that the game introduces that tedium, that can be avoided by having friends that play with you

Originally I thought the idea to not add in RDF was good, but now with a 6 hour queue to play on my server, I have to wonder if no RDF is a contributor to the mega server problem

6 Likes

Of course it is, as many of us said it would be.

2 Likes

I really don’t think it is. People don’t initially leave servers because they can’t find five man groups (although that might happen later, towards the end of a server’s death). The first people who leave servers because they can’t find something are the guilds that leave because they can’t recruit enough free players to keep their raid roster going with a healthy bench, and they move to servers with more unguilded people in the hopes of recruiting some of them. Over time, that might slowly translate into the server dying to the point where people can’t find groups for five mans, but it starts with raiding, which isn’t affected by RDF at all.