Wrath Beta in July-September

Why are you guys waiting so long for Beta?
you really want us to raid Sunwell for 7-8 months?

1 Like

Sunwell > prepatch was 7 months originally. So I hope it is 7 months - as it should be.

8 Likes

Can we not even get one patch live before people start demanding the next?

11 Likes

Based only on how they are handling things I would not be surprised by Pre-Patch in August.

3 Likes

This bolded part worries me.

“We’re really excited to get Wrath on Beta in the next two to three months . It’s important to us because some of the changes we’re thinking about making will be informed by the community”

How much more can they screw over Wrath…

7 Likes

Its Blizzard; they are very capable of inventing a new method.

3 Likes

As much as I’d like a legal way to play wrath, this is total monkeys paw compared to Classic and TBC

3 Likes

Yup, its one of the many reasons why the private servers are just better. servers like warmane are not worse in stability than blizzard; back when i was playing there i never got DC, never got hacked, never used a VPN, and i always used a backup copy of my original wrath client (backups are nice!!)

Thing is, the “private servers” are very very good, especially wrath because they used the original Wrath ATR to make very certain all class mechanics were spot on.

Basically what im saying here is we can 100% check blizzards work because the wrath private servers are spot on for class mechanics. As for PvE I never raided wrath on private; only PvP there because retail went to poop in patch 6.0 and has simply gotten worse since.

So if blizz messes up on say; how fear breaks on damage; we can absolutely call BS on them and site the private realms for reference because they were up at the same time the Wrath ATR realm was, it ran from wrath to the end of MoP giving everyone ages to make 100% mechanical accurate servers.

totally repeated myself there a couple times but I wanted to make it very clear we do have access to accurate class mechanical data as reference to call blizz out on shoddy work.

4 Likes

There’s also a ton of videos from wrath honestly, lot more than classic and TBC

WtoLKC will launch by September. Beta will be done in July.

4 Likes

yup, and its often much better quality of video because PC tech advanced a lot in 5 years

This is seriously the worst wow news in a very very long time. No one even wants to go to sunwell at all. To spend this kind of time in it is a literal disaster. They deserve the financial beating they are about to receive.

1 Like

We’ll probably only know about these “changes” when we see the beta without being told anything…

I opted in for the beta, if I get beta access (i normally do at some point - like most) I don’t really plan to play it much but if it means checking out changes maybe I will a little.

…that’s not true at all for a lot of people, maybe it’s true for the “go go go next” types or the people who just came back for Wrath but not most. If you personally want to skip the SWP part of TBC then you can just not play it.

3 Likes

You could always just not play all the way to wotlk.

One thing I have learned from TBC classic is that the sweaty raider types have the absolute worst takes on everything. You guys cried about the pace being too slow and then it was too fast, you cried about nerfs, you cried about not getting full BiS, and now you are crying over having to wait for WotLK. My god.

Maybe if you took your time to enjoy yourselves instead of speed running and pushing parses you would actually have more fun. Stop trying to turn classic into an esport.

8 Likes

Think a lot of people just want wrath faster

1 Like

Right, I understand that… and from what I remember you like content releases going really fast. I also know that a bunch of people who are hyped for Wrath are on the forums right now because they are bored. That’s fine by itself.

If you go into the game though or onto the Discords quite a few people are excited about the SWP content. So what I’m saying is that what I quoted saying “no one wants to go to Sunwell at all” is just… well it’s totally wrong. I wouldn’t even say this is a minority thing, plenty of people want to go to Sunwell. I’m also not big into absolute statements and that very much is one.

I personally would rather try to enjoy the moment instead of constantly wanting to go to the next.

3 Likes

Hold their beer.

5 Likes

Wotlk coming in October for sure.

My guild is going sunwell.

You can buy a GDKP ticket if your guild is bad and can’t run Sunwell.

1 Like

Why ? Being fully Sunwell geared will allow you to easily clean Naxxramas ASAP because it can be used a pre-raid gear for Wrath P1 content.

It won’t be “bis” but it’ll allow min/maxer to “skip” a lot of “pre-raid BiS farm”