Wrath Baby

Hello, I am a Wrath Baby.

I got super excited when Blizzard announced Classic WOW a few years back. I wasn’t excited for Classic or TBC, I have no attachment to them, I was excited for Wrath and I knew when Classic was announced that WOTLK was coming. I knew there was ZERO chance Blizzard would not milk Wrath for every dime they could.

What I did not see coming was Blizzard and the Classic fan base seeking to right a perceived wrong. I guess I had my fun in Wrath the first time around and now other people get to enjoy a alternate version of Wrath.

Wrath had the greatest balance of Quality of Life improvements and something for everyone. The open world was utilized by life skill players. Heroic Dungeons was for casuals (Random Dungeon Finder = QOL). RDF Leveling with Account Bound gear was so much fun. Raids were for more serious players but also had a very lively pug community (never liked LFR). PVP had Arena and BGS. Something for everyone in Wrath. I enjoyed all of these.

Personally, Arena and RDF Heroics - RDF Leveling were 90% of my WOTLK experience and it was awesome. Sadly with RDF removed this just isn’t Wrath of the Lich King, you cannot remove a xpacs defining feature and expect it to be the same (especially for me).

I understand there are some who are happy about this change and wish to experience what could have been, but I am not among them. I wanted to play WOTLK Classic, not some Quantum Leap - Alternative Universe set in the Wrath style.

I actually loved Wrath just like it was (maybe not the broken DKs).

– Wrath Baby

ps Any chance we could get an actual WOTLK Classic server ? Just one ? Please ?

16 Likes

RDF wasn’t added till patch 3.3.0 with the release of ICC so if you want the Wrath experience it shouldn’t be released till then anyways.

5 Likes

Something that was added in ICC patch is NOT an expansion defining feature.

5 Likes

I really feel bad for people who remember WOTLK this way. It’s obvious you were new to the game at that point and never found a proper home to do end game content. Life is much easier nowadays with discord.

2 Likes

I think that’s the patch it’s releasing with.

4 Likes

Wotlk Classic is releasing with the class tuning of 3.3.5 but not content or systems.

2 Likes

exactly, so your point of waiting until the patch is pointless, we’re already past that.

6 Likes

No, we’re not. It’s not releasing with the content or systems available in 3.3.5.

I thought Blizzard are starting with patch 3.30.

1 Like

Only the class tuning of 3.3.5.

1 Like

Open up ICC week 1 then and you can have RDF I want to see who kills lich king in week 2.

The Random Battleground system wasn’t added until after Dungeon Finder (3.3.3 vs 3.3). Should they also remove that from the game until then?

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_3.3.3

4 Likes

Yes they should.

1 Like

Oh, you feel really bad for us having fun huh?

Doesn’t account for me since I played since vanilla.

4 Likes

Why ?

You are arguing that a change more impactful than flight isn’t Xpac defining. Seems like a weird argument, but you are free to make it.

2 Likes

I’m not anti RFD, but how can it be a “defining” feature of Wrath when it didn’t come out until the final raid tier/content patch?

1 Like

I feel bad for those who rush to raid and never get to experience of exploring the world and playing the different classes. Blizzard created a great whole game but they’re obsessed with only the latest raid.

1 Like

Because it was part of wrath for 49% of the game

7 Likes

Agreed min maxing the fun out of the game sucks for the community as a whole.

Yea doesnt mean they have to add rdf in phase 1 when ICC wasnt out.
They started the tbc patch with a late one didnt mean we could just walk to the Sunwell area and start doing dailies.