Wrath arena now insanely dead due to DF launch

DF got rated solo shuffle and apparently the gearing system is really nice and leveling is really quick so now arena is even more dead on wrath with barely anyone in LFG on both faerlina and grobb,

nice

8 Likes

Gearing is really nice.
Leveling was the best WOW has been so far, felt very RPG and the new flight system is enjoyable and keep farming for minerals entertaining.
PVP is a lot of fun as well.
Plus a good launch.

Really enjoying myself.

6 Likes

ye im ngl DF is really good thus far, i see wrath taking a huge hit as others hear more about it.

no garbage systems, no island expedition/torghast crap. Dragonriding is a perfect. They did really well, unreal how they went from bfa/slands to this.

1 Like

I find the combat more fun in wotlk though, not sure how long people will be away.

My guess is it will be short term.

3 Likes

Yea, maybe it’s my insanely low expectations… after BFA and SL, then their lack of care with WOTLK… I had little to no faith in them, but so far the game is looking good and i’m happy about it.

Oh removing the systems was a blessing.

I don’t care either way, I got toons on both.

Currently playing retail though.

1 Like

wrath still feels clunky to me a lot, pretty much goes away at icc but still class design/rotations are too simple for some specs, but catachanges that.

2 Likes

True, I am enjoying disc atm and I’m sure if I was on another class/spec I would feel different.

1 Like

If retail improves to the level of playability I may check it out after I kill the Lich King and finalize my classic journey. However, at the end of the day the things I crave for the most that I sought Classic to provide is not found in either game, such as a feeling of community and camaraderie, as people alienate themselves in both through systems like RDF, CRZ and layers.

6 Likes

I’m just curious, what do you see as a community? Maybe my understand of it is different. I just want to see what you mean by this comment.

Because my understanding is the community is there.

1 Like

Dragonflight is actually insanely good. It has a distinct classic feel to it, everything feels back to roots.

Shouldn’t that be our choice if we want to play the game that way?

4 Likes

Grobb turned into a megaserver full of raidlogging randoms all the same.
It used to have a LOT more personality and just a good vibe. It’s honestly quite sad.

I never noticed it honestly… people joined my group for quests, said nothing, completed it and left. I don’t doubt you’re correct about it having a good vibe, my friend got us over there because of it.

I don’t know how it currently is, haven’t played in about a month now due to DF pre-patch and the game coming out. Ulduar will probably bring me back though, was a spectacular raid.

It is, I just think he’s injecting his opinion on how he feels about it… though I agree with you.

The game has been out for like 3 days.

Every expansion, every classic rerelease, every new thing is always amazing until the new coat of paint dries out.

How about y’all reevaluate in a couple of weeks?

11 Likes

I was on a smaller server. I’m talking about things such as knowing most people from your server, including who to seek out for enchants, who the infamous gankers are, who the weirdo reserving a certain epic hammer from a certain dungeon over and over was. Things like that. Unfortunately the move from everyone to megaservers has diluted this community outside of guilds and small cliques. Eventually you just get another version of retail where in lieu of not having things like RDF people just migrate to the biggest server instead to make finding groups easier.

3 Likes

i mean all the features of the expac are out except arena/keys/raids, retail raids are always good and m+ is very popular. dont see how people would shift suddenly and start hating on it

Every expansion goes through this.

History repeats itself every time.

BFA and SL had the same hype and posts about how amazing they were for the first couple of weeks.

5 Likes

Altho yes I agree the raids and dungeons are generally very very good.

I can understand, “small town vibe” you seem to be looking for. We view community differently though. Hopefully there will be a game out there for you to find that… because I think that style of community is dead now in WOW, it’s more of a city vibe… which I personally prefer.