Wrath Arena is officially dead

Touch grass

Most people are just now hitting 80 and trying to gear. They don’t want to hop in serious arenas with no gear. This is what I see on grobb anyway

Welcome back Garmuck.

So what do you do outside of stirring the pot on the forums?

1 Like

Lol what a joke.

Plenty of people playing lol idk what youre smoking. Its a smaller comunity… people are still leveling… people are still gearing… not everyone who is 80 pvps. There are plenty of reasons but people want to shout from the roof tops there arent 5 million people they can play against.

It isn’t even the 2nd week of the season lol; it’s also just the worst season by far anyways

And that’s the sad part , you’d think early on there would be the most hype but so far we’ve had a massive WG exploit that every streamer and their mother exploited and now we have low CR bracket being dominated by private server kids playing meta comps. The participation will always be low on Classic imo, it’s not good place for casual PvP due to how archaic the entire thing is.

Tomorrow is week 3 for some reason they launched s5 one week after launch

1 Like

Removing rating locks on the gear and allowing cross realm grouping for arena would help immensely

Why would there be

This is the worst meta possible right now lol

I swear the WG exploit thing really did not make that much of a difference beyond the very first week - it does not take too long to get to the point where you’re just waiting on gear regardless plus most specs just use a mix of PvP and PvE gear anyways

Regardless if it’s 3.3.5 patch the game is terrible in this patch and I don’t think that should come as a surprise

I don’t even really think NA has to deal with any serious issues of private server players anyways, maybe if you’re on EU though there are a ton of serious private server players because every private server has to be hosted in Europe

Yes, the 3rd week starts tomorrow

We have only had 2 weeks of actually having arena

Do you think the meta magically gets better? Every season of wrath is just another cancer meta, I played in Warmane for a while and it doesn’t ever really evolve much.

Even rn the S8 S tier comp of Arms/Hpala is currently #1 comp is S5 also haha.

It does though, they had to discount the gear but the gear initially costed an entire honor cap for a single off piece which is absolutely insane, the discount will end soon and it’ll go back to that.

Sure the temporary discount made it feel like everyone was on the same playing field, but a lot of people got to skip the grind.

1 Like

Arena has been hell but also fun if you aren’t a neckbeard. Just casually having fun - no need to get serious with out naxx 25 raid weapons and people less skilled than I am won’t play at all till they get four piece in a couple weeks from valor

1 Like

I don’t think these people will play at all lmao, Wrath arena is not really the pinnacle of fun on Classic. Pretty sure they’ll either raid log or make alts for their raid team but without RDF it’ll probably just be raidlogging.

It’s not that the meta gets better but things you can do or other classes you can play drastically change with gear

Things like beastcleave are much, much worse in s8 for example compared to people having season 5 gear

Arms hpal wasn’t necessarily a season 8 comp that was just a wotlk comp that was busted

There are matchups it can actually lose to with more gear even though warriors also scale insanely well with gear too

Playing a healer with super low MP5 and qing into warrior teams or DK teams is completely miserable and that actually gets far better by the time season 7 is around

The gear scaling actually does make quite a bit of a difference for how the game eventually plays out

1 Like

What do you mean it favors rng? Dude you got emblems of heroism and valor. Stone keeper shards. Tier pieces on badge vendors… Every raid relies on rng to gear lol. Saying pointless things like this really make it hard to listen to anything you say.

I don’t understand how this would change the meta though, the current top comp in 2s is Arms/Hpala by an overwhelming amount and it only gets stronger and more oppressive with gear and in 3s you see Thunder and TSG making its rounds which also only gets stronger with gear, I rarely see a beastcleave comp at all despite you saying it’s a S5 highlight.

From what I can tell people are either doing TSG or Wiz Cleave in 3s as there’s not even that many hunters on the ladder for both 2s/3s.

I get what you mean though, but I just don’t think there’s enough of an interest in Arena in Classic to warrant any major meta changes based on future gear. People will just run whatever the tier list tells them to.

There’s no deadly or hateful glad weapons, if you join a 25 man face roll raid and lose loot roll then you’ll be behind all the people who did win it so not sure how that doesn’t make sense to you.

As the expansions go on you’ll see people swiping for gold just like TBC and buying out pieces because trying to RNG for them is dumb with so much competition, imagine how bad it’ll get in ICC where everyone and their mother will want the trinkets.

You said pve content is to rng based. Except it’s like the least rng based it ever is in wow. Wow has always been that way, the fact you think everyone buys gold is more telling about your play style than anything else my man.

Because other classes are worse with this level of gear

Outside of beastcleave this is probably the weakest hunters will be by far - they get exponentially stronger

DKs and enh cleaves get noticeably worse later on in the xpac, disc priests get better too

In 2s disc hunter gets much stronger in later seasons, where you have a legitimate shot at beating things like arms/hpal but right now those matchups aren’t necessarily beatable

1 Like

Jesus Christ the amount of delusional bias some clowns exist in that play classic is out of this world.

Says the lowbie alt hiding behind avatars. You know when someone cheats on a spouse and then spend the next year being angry and accusing the other of cheating. That’s you crying about swiping gold. No proof. Just conspiracy theories and anecdotal evidence. You wander around calling people names and low IQ. That again speaks for itself says all we need to know about you lol. People save quests for max lvl more gold. people farm bettr = more gold. people spend less on things they dont need this time around cuz everything is mapped out. its not anything new lol. go be ad at the game some more my man.