WoW won't update

omg guys it isn’t just Mac users that are having the issue omg, i am on a windows PC and i am having same issue it won’t update, so stop saying its Mac only because it isn’t, it is affecting both Mac AND PC users

1 Like

Similar question, if the Dev team does get this updated, how will it update on my Battle.net without a new install?

After 3 days of working just fine, I just now logged out of WoW and now get the Agent message again. I really don’t want to do a complete reinstall of 3 clients again. I’ll try the fix a few posts above, but we shouldn’t be the ones needing to do this.

2 Likes

I believe that I’ve confirmed this is an issue with Agent7581. If you’re like me and are unable to do the previous instructions of forcing battlenet to use Agent7531 because the only version on your Mac is Agent7581, here’s what worked for me:

Rename the agent directory (I just added OLD to the front of it), then attempted to boot up battlenet. IF the agent attempts to boot, immediately force quit it through the Activity Monitor. Once terminated, it should not come back up. At that point, any and all actions run through the battlenet app (update, install, repair, etc.) should all should fail. In essence, if it looks like your battlenet application is completely broken, you’re on the right path.

At that point, close battlenet, remove the directory name addition (remove the OLD), then boot battlenet back up.

This is extremely convoluted, and outrageous that we should be doing these, or any of the steps listed on this thread.

1 Like

Funnily enough my Starcraft II updated just fine - it’s only WoW retail and classic screwing up.

I just checked this and changed my files to read and write and still cant get it to “update”:frowning:

An update to the Battle.net app just came up. Retail WoW is now updating normally. Classic (TBC) is still stuck.

Curious, can you check battle.net folder in users/shared and see what new agent version is there?

Yes, it appears new - version 2.25.2 (7581)

7581 is the one that broke things. That can’t be new one. (well unless they decided to just re-issue it with bug fixed and not a new build number)

Would someone who got something to fix this issue please help me out? I just got a 6 month sub and haven’t been able to play at all for 2 days now. I’m running big sur 11.1.6 and have little to no experience messing with files and folders.

I think the 7581 hasn’t changed, but the version number may be up from 2.25.1 to 2.25.2?

I’ve been unable to get into WoW for 3 days now, if I launch Battlenet Launcher, it asks me to enter admin password, then starts trying to update, until it finally times out unable to update. Does Blizz or anyone on their team know about this issue? It doesn’t seem they do, if they knew of this issue I feel like it would’ve been resolved within the first day or so but it’s been 3 days.

Imac running OS Monterey v.12.0.1

nope it was always 2.25.2 (7581) just checked it. Nov 11th released.

I purposely force quit this one and launch 2.25.1 (7531) (which works) to get around bug for now, as user above gives instructions for. Since I mostly play from M1 Max these days I can’t direct launch app do to that other bug with direct app login being broken on apple silicon. So i’ve had to rely on agent force swapping work around.

have this same problem. havent been able to log on since wednesday night. havent seen really any mention of this at all other than this forum or a few reply tweets on CS twitter. Mid sylv prog, TY BLIZZ

1 Like

My new Agent 2.25.2 (7581) - presumably installed with this Battle.net update just now - has a created and modified date of today. File size is 9,439,445 bytes on my intel iMac 2017 running MacOS 12.0.1.

The Battle.net app (also dated today) has version number 2.7.0.13177.

Happening to me, adding for tracking.

Mac OS Big Sur 11.6
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

FYI, you can just launch WoW via the exe/app in the WoW folder. You’ll have to enter your username and password (and authenticator code) but it works just like in the old days.

Occurring for me as well, adding for tracking:
Mac OS Big Sur 11.6
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

Add me to theist. Same problem