WoW, Why not console?

in a fight with 13 mobs, how, on a console controller, do you quickly target the one specific mob that is doing a cast you have to interrupt in less than 1.5 seconds?

thinking of trash pulls in dungeons, obvs, not boss fight.

Best buy. You can find one on sale. Its how I got my gaming laptop, that and because of the first stimulus.

Others make vast amounts more money than I do, at least the ones with a career. I’m sure they can afford it.

I’ve wondered why it isn’t on console before too since it works for FFXIV and there are as many skills to use as this game. But, if it was on console I’d still rather play on PC. I’ve tried to use a controller on FFXIV and it gets annoying quickly. Plus pretty much every game I’d want to play I can get on my PC so I’m not even going to bother with this generation of consoles.

There’s a lot of people out there who can only play wow because the wow token exists.

If you were able to spend your stimulus on a pc you were very lucky.

You dont. You pray to whatever diety you believe in and prepare for the long corpse run back.

And if its world pvp, bgs and such. Well then you say adios to your rear.

They can’t afford to buy 2 months non recurring?

Look i get some people are in a bind but thats not everyone and the fact every place I come across is hiring is no excuse for the others I see complaining about not having money and screaming at the government for more.

So how is it good idea is put a game that requires a sub on a console then? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I mean if you can afford a PS4 or a PS5 even, you can afford a PC just fine, since PC can be be flexible in any budget in mind.

I wouldn’t bother with this new consol gen. Last I looked into it the ps5 was bordering on a grand.

I’m sorry but I’m not paying a grand for a consol no matter who makes it.

2 Likes

Is this an out of season April Fools joke? #DoYouGuysNotHavePhones

Why on earth would I want sore thumbs from playing on a $10 Xbox/PS controller that has half the buttons (and a fraction of the functionality) as my Razer Naga? Or a lot less than my mechanical keyboard?

You realize the US isn’t the only country out there right?

MSRP is 400-500 bucks, but just like PC parts, there’s a shortage and they’re being scalped.

You dont say!

Obviously it isn’t but I’m not talking about other countries.

WoW is a worldwide game, you have to talk about other countries.

The price of a wow sub is a huge portion of some wages in certain EU countries.

Blame the governments then. They’re the cause the supply chain issues. But that’s an argument I really don’t want to get into over wow forums.

I dont live in those countries so no I don’t have to talk about them because I don’t know what they go through and to assume I do would be ignorant.

This is a US based forum so you don’t really run into it often, but I also browse worldwide forums and it’s a huge issue.

You can’t just lump everything together and say “well, they should be able to afford that!” because not everyone can, not everyone has the opportunity to.

I didn’t say everyone and for the record I’m only talking about the us because that’s where I live.

I’m not talking about other countries because I don’t have any clue what goes on there and so I don’t have any leg to stand one in regards to discussions about them.

I can’t really comment on PC vs Console as I have been fortunate enough to have both at the moment, though I think I do lean a bit more towards console these days. Still, I think it would be worth a port, if PC gamers don’t want to play it on console they don’t need to, but the income it generates would be beneficial across the board. Or so I’d hope.

I’m an avid retro gamer, so that’s not wrong at all.

I do however, appreciate console game updates to fix some of the “uh oh…” things (Bimmy and Jimmy, Double Dragon 3…)

It’s not that it’s a HUGE problem but the fact remains that some like plug and play. That or simple toggles. Some people LOVE lots of customization. Different strokes.

On PS4 Pro, there was HD and 4K settings. The 4K setting had lots of frame rate dips. On the PS5, you get 3 settings. 4K with SOME hits at 60 fps but mostly around 40, 1440p with mostly hitting 60 fps or 1080p with locked 60 fps. I pick 1440p as the frame rate dips are not so common that you notice all that much at all.

As far as ray tracing, an someone who games on a LG C1 OLED TV, I’ll pick performance over RT any day. While RT can look very nice, you mostly have to stop what you’re doing and really look to notice it. Not worth the hit to performance at all.

I suspect the biggest reason is development speed. Blizzard simply can’t develop any property fast enough to remain relevant on consoles compared to the cost of being in those game stores. Even the games they have on consoles have fallen behind.

This is even though they can be on the XBOX platform with a simple compile. The fact that they support ARM processors with both M1 and Windows on ARM builds proves this. Plus the game already has controller assistance built into it and people can play it on their Windows machines with controllers.

1 Like