WoW was unable to start 3d Acceleration

Hi,

For the past few weeks I have been getting this error CONSTANTLY when entering various arenas, with the largest culprit being Empyrean Domain (this map is GUARANTEED to crash my game every time, I am unable to play in it at all even with graphics settings set to 1). Every time I enter, my game stutters every 3 seconds or so until it eventually fully crashes.

I have had task manager open and HWinfo open to check temps/usages and nothing seems out of the ordinary. I have googled this problem and tried pretty much every solution including a fresh install of windows and wow, loading with no addons, etc.

Any suggestions?

Here’s a Dxdiag report just incase it is needed.

DXdiag 23/10/09 - Pastebin.com

still having issues with this EXCLUSIVELY in Empyrean Domain.

The specific issue you mentioned, where your game consistently crashes in the Empyrean Domain, is something that may require additional troubleshooting and might be specific to that location or content in World of Warcraft. Here are some steps you can take to address this problem:

1. Update the Game: Ensure that World of Warcraft is fully up-to-date. Sometimes, game updates include bug fixes that can resolve issues in specific areas.
  2. Check for Known Issues: Visit the official World of Warcraft forums and community websites to see if other players have reported similar problems in the Empyrean Domain. Blizzard often addresses known issues in specific zones through patches or hotfixes.
  3. Temporary Workaround: If the issue persists and you’re unable to find a specific fix, consider avoiding the Empyrean Domain for the time being. Focus on other in-game content while keeping an eye on patch notes and forum discussions for updates about this specific location.
  4. Report the Issue: If the problem is unique to the Empyrean Domain and not widely known, it’s important to report the issue to Blizzard’s customer support. They may require specific details about your system configuration and in-game settings to investigate further.
  5. Check Your Hardware: Although you mentioned monitoring temperatures and usage, it’s important to ensure that your hardware isn’t the cause of the issue. You might want to run stress tests on your system components to verify their stability.
  6. Graphics Settings: Experiment with different graphics settings specifically for the Empyrean Domain. Lowering the settings for that zone may help stabilize the game in that area.
  7. Other In-Game Addons or Modifications: Sometimes, specific addons or modifications can cause problems in certain zones. Double-check if any addons or custom UI elements are affecting your experience in the Empyrean Domain.
  8. Wait for Game Updates: Sometimes, persistent issues in specific zones are resolved in future game updates or expansions. If the problem persists and is not immediately resolved, you may need to wait for a more permanent fix.

It’s worth noting that isolated issues in certain zones can be challenging to troubleshoot, as they might be related to specific in-game assets or mechanics. Therefore, it’s important to stay updated with the World of Warcraft community and Blizzard’s official communications to be aware of any changes or fixes related to the Empyrean Domain or similar locations.

The errors in the dxdiag report point to corrupted graphics drivers.

Have you used ddu to do a clean install of a fresh download of graphics drivers?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.