WoW was better when you could finish your character

W…what is that word??

You know, the thing we used to have before wow was an e sport. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

That stopped?
In fact, joining a raid on Stormwind is easier now that the premade group finder tool is a thing.

Because the world was alive and WAS content. You don’t need a ton of crap to do to be happy, you just need people to do stuff with.

You could make players drop meaningful gear, close to the same ILVL as M+ and you’d never see a lot of people back in them. Just my opinion anyway.

People have been getting together and having a good time for thousands of years without the need for constant tasks to perform.

5 Likes

This. Great post.

One of the things newer players don’t get is that we actually created a lot of fun ourselves. Azeroth is a huge, open world with lots of things to do if you put your mind to it. Unfortunately most players these days seem to think content is only what is force-fed to them.

Maybe players have changed, maybe it’s just the game, maybe it’s a combination of both. Whatever it is, I know that the pace of this game used to be much slower, and yet somehow I still loved it.

7 Likes

If you had called vanilla “limited” back then, people would have called you the greatest nolife to ever grace the game. But I guess your kind is just the norm nowadays.

Good friends, great guildies, fun times in WoW can still be had. Carpe Diem! :+1::tada::video_game::video_game:

That WAS fun, on my Three mains.

We also found Argus fun, since our “endgame” was veiled argunite, stepping into an invasion and instantly getting a group and then often getting an upgrade boss drop ( often on the bonus roll!_) Argue was probably one of my best times for casual “solo” gear upgrades.

Your definition of fun is not his definition of fun, I miss too when I could be DONE with my warrior do world PvP, Duels, Stormwind raid I miss that as well.

You don’t seem like a PvPer I doubt you’ve ever dueled.

1 Like

That sounds like an absolute waste of time and I’m glad to actually have things to do, nty.

3 Likes

Have fun running tol dagor for the 10000th time this expansion I guess…

1 Like

Grats on your 10,000th post.

1 Like

Oh… did I hit 10k? I wanted it to be more exciting. Boo. Now I’m stuck in the 5 digits until I make NINETY THOUSAND more posts. Like Lena. :frowning:

Wow is just a terrible game, the only thing it is good for is friends. It is terrible.

Tell that to the millions that left and won’t even touch the game, this gearing method if anything is the most frustrating, annoying, lazy piece of design that’s ever been implemented. Not being able to say I’m BiS after months of work is not fun very few people like yourself enjoy this. I’m glad this is changed in SL for once blizzard is doing something right.

2 Likes

Bring one the set bonuses and bring on the vendors! I never once complained about having my character “done”.

I remember when the dark portal opened for the second time, there was massive wpvp. Streamers were everywhere and I thought the server was gonna crash. Let’s get more of that.

I spent hours doing wpvp for absolutely nothing. It was just purely for fun.

We’ve been chasing the proverbial dragon since launch. Why do you think people dueled in GS? Because they wanted to become better PvPers.

And NO ONE was going to take a tank on ANY raid (pvp or pve) unless they were def capped.

Hate to break it to you but it’s been that way since day 1. If you want a game with a definitive gear endpoint and fun PvP, I’d reccommend GW2.

Better story AND better PvP than WoW could ever dream of. And no sub fee.

Yeah I’ve played it. it’s okay. after a while though it becomes apparent why it’s doing worse than WoW even without a sub fee.

You’re in contact with millions of people? Wow that must be tough but it was worth it in the end for this 100% factual statement you are speaking for them.

1 Like

Then QUIT doing it. The only way the uncatchable carrot will ever go is when enough people stop chasing it.**

Cloak? I don’t care. I might max it on Xialla. I might not. The whole endless vision farm bores the crap out of me. Just like AP did before and in Legion. Over it.

It’s the end of the expac, so I’m doing what I always thought was fun when things were winding down before. Leveling alts, farming mogs, and pets and toys and maybe I’ll fit in a little vintage achievement hunting if the mood strikes me. It’s my sub and I’m gonna call the shots.

**I realize this may not be possible for those enrolled in a functional guild that actually raids…but that’s probably a pretty small fraction of the player base. Unless of course, you’d already slapped down N’zoth and are just in farm mode…at which point, do you need more uncatchable carrot rewards?

2 Likes