That video…man oh man oh man oh man

• Mechagon
  • Nazjatar
  • Thundering Isle
  • Broken Shore
  • Argus
  • Vale of Eternal Blossoms
  • Uldum

I know that some of these are pretty boring, but if there’s one thing they’ve added over the years it’s sandboxy zones that you can do stuff in.

In the end…it’s all wasted time. What matters is who you waste it with :sob:

2 Likes

Aww man, that vid.

That vid depresses me, made so many memories and lost so many friends over the years of playing this game. But there are still some friends left, so I keep playing.

I have a very small amount of “original” wow friends.

You can’t remake those memories with different people :frowning:

2 Likes

I think at some point people played WoW more for the community than for the game itself. It was sort of a lobby for a specific population of people to socialize and play together. People would log on just to hang out, chat with others, etc.

These days that’s not what most people want from the game, in my experience. Communities have moved to services like discord, reddit, etc. Just “hanging out” in game feels like a poor use of time, when you could just chat with your friends elsewhere while watching YouTube or playing another game, of which there are hundreds upon hundreds of options.

It’s never a poor use of time if you’re having fun with the boys.

2 Likes

But you could have fun with the boys doing something else, like playing a different video game or hanging out on a discord call while you do different stuff.

1 Like

Quit sipping on the nostalgia flavored coolaid. You’ll never get that “feeling” back again. It’s been a decade and a half. You’ve changed, people have changed, society has changed, gaming has changed and the world has changed. You can’t bring back the charm again. Suck it up and move on.

Exactly, not many people sit around idle outside of SW/Org watching duels and chatting, when they can just hop into a discord server, keep in touch with friends, at their own leisure, and do whatever else they want. Your interactions with people don’t have to only be limited to when you’re logged into the game.

But the nostalgia juice was the best. I get a bit of it back now and then when an old friend resubs. They never stay long though…

I believe most players were attacking quest givers, flight masters, and auctioneers during those days. There was still actually a lot to do before pve became available for everyone.

OMG Gurubashi! Gods, I miss that arena. Is it still there? I haven’t been to STV in years.

Once a week (on non-raid nights, of course) the whole guild would fight it out in there. And of course., others would join. Pretty soon it was a mob scene and the server would crash. But it was tons of fun.

Remember the TM/SS wars? The back and forth between Tarren Mills and South Shore. Also tons of fun. 100’s players fighting it out. That stuff does not happen now. Except in a sandbox where the outcome is predictable.

2 Likes

Looking at the repplies here you can see why the game has changed or rather why the people left are like that. People in BFA only care about always getting new gear. Yeah back in the day the goal was to not have to do that lol.

This is kinda my point. You put in the work for the gear so you could goof off after.

2 Likes

when you could play how you wanted and just ENJOY the game. Just got to find a guild with like minded people. some still exist tbh but they are very scarce.

1 Like

Nope

This perfectly and succinctly sums it all up.

3 Likes

I always bring up the fact that the game was more popular when there was less content.

No one has ever given me a counter-argument.

3 Likes

I’d say the everyone did. People are more worried about doing a dungeon than having good times with friends.

Now friends aren’t needed just some IO score that tells them if you’re worth playing with for a dungeon or 2. Then you never see them again.