WoW vs. FF14

From what I have read in the comparisons, one thing that FF14 does better is the ability for your character to switch jobs. WoW doesn’t have this, instead they give a class three different specs.

WoW could compete with this simply by making it easier to level and gear up alts. Seriously what does WoW have to lose by making/leveling/gearing alts more accessible, is it revenue?

Right now I have to grind a ton of rep in Korthia on my main and each individual alt. That just kills lvling alts!

8 Likes

FF values a lot of your time, or way better than WoW at least.

I always remember this online game where you couldn’t switch specs without resetting doing quests. Anytime they did a class revamp, they gave free orbs to everyone so they can respec free.

Anytime Blizz nerfs something or leaves something unplayable and you have to go through timegated content to switch, I remember that game.

WoW looks better graphically, because the realistical style is not my take, FF has better mogs and is more open minded.

WoW feels more fluid, however.

I am liking both games, but the time gate here sometimes makes me go there more often.

24 Likes

Ah crud, here we go again.

10 Likes

Logging out and back in takes seconds… and in FF you’re locked to that one character model.

This is not plus of FFXIV.

God I hate myself for being sucked into this conversation.

Even the devs of FFXIV say it’s not a competition. They like WoW. They played WoW to learn from.

5 Likes

The devs don’t care about what players want, even if it makes the game better.

See conduit energy and pathfinder

11 Likes

There certainly are differences! Here is a helpful guide to gearing up your alts! Enjoy!

2 Likes

I only grind rep on my main, and barely stress it on my alts, unless I need something from the vendor, otherwise I ignore it completely.

1 Like

I agree, Im not a fan of being stuck to one character model.

I require variety or I get bored… although I do have to admit that it is pleasant to be able to switch jobs freely

You can still switch jobs freely in WoW.

Just log out and log in. It’s the same thing.

1 Like

^ That’s my Death Knight, this is my rogue. Woo… Swapping jobs is so hard in Warcraft.

1 Like

^ Here’s my Warrior. That took so long to change jobs.

1 Like

Oh wow look another FF post.

1 Like

Oh no, here’s my mage.

2 Likes

This should be your only character.

Rip and tear, brother.

2 Likes

I agree with the warrior idea and would like to add that the race should be gnome.

2 Likes

There’s no such thing as wow vs ff14, even the director of ff14 Yoshi-P condemn this whole vs thing. Each game does something better at the end of the day and that’s fine enough.

8 Likes

:+1:

Gnome congratulations

Who cares flagging.

No, people want same character different class. It’s an okay idea in concept, but people act like it’s perfect in FFXIV… Newsflash, it’s not. Unless you’re a tank or healer that is, then you’re golden. Or if you have a tank/healer friend willing to queue with you to grind dungeons.

Wanna know your method for leveling an alt dps job in FFXIV? PoTD and it’s counterparts… For those who don’t know, PoTD is FFXIV’s attempt at an endless dungeon/roguelike hybrid monstrosity. The problem is, this is the most efficient EXP gain, otherwise leveling an alt dps job is terribly slow. PoTD consists of floors, not unlike torghast, you go from floors 1-10, 11-20, 20-30, 30-40 and so on. And if you’re “successful” key word there, you get some EXP transferred to the class that you did it on. If you die, well you get nothing. And repeating the same floors over and over again in most cases with the same bosses, just in a randomized order, is not fun.

Wanna make an entirely new character instead? Okay, WELL HAVE FUN GRINDING THROUGH THE MSQ AGAIN WHICH IS REQUIRED FOR PROGRESSION. No joke, the ARR MSQ and patches that go along with it alone can span you 60-100 hours, even more if you’re interested in the story, which is a main focus of the game.

I’m sorry but that games leveling is 10 times worse than wow’s leveling and how anybody can defend it to any degree is beyond me.

5 Likes

I meant condemn