Wow tokens in classic wotlk?!?!?

There’s not one guy from one department calling all the shots on this. The actual devs arent sitting there asking themselves, “you know what this game needs?” and coming up with Level boosts and the WoW token.

That comes from somewhere and someone else who stares at a spreadsheet all day instead of game code with a few more someones shoved in between.

What I’m getting at here is you can have a “Wrath Classic” with the token and no RDF no matter how contradictory it appears on its face. Ultimately, one doesn’t have anything to do with the other.

But lets be clear about something - the reason why the token exists is because people will use it. The reason why you have level boosts and luxury perk packages and the WoW token is because that’s what your average mass subscriber looks like.

If it looks like an ATM machine and quacks like an ATM machine then take them up on the offer and push their buttons til the money comes out.

Why? Because if Blizz doesn’t do it the players are just gonna take it upon themselves anyway and pay someone else to do it in one form or another. To me the token just proves we hit that wonderful point in an MMO’s lifespan where we can conclude, without a shred of doubt that…nobody cares. The servers will be up but fundamentally its dead and one can make a case its been a rotting corpse since shortly after Era’s launch.

Just, for the love of god, Dont. Touch. Era.

4 Likes

I’ll admit that I could have been more clear that my statement was an “at best” scenario for Blizzard. But this does hurt the gold farmers in WLK like it or not, even though it may be minimal. But never did I claim that they will be fully gone, nor that they are from other variations of WoW.

My entire point is it doesn’t get rid of them. Even at the very best position, it did the most damage possible to them, they could easily just move over to Era. Why? Because Blizzard is too cheap to enforce their regulations for the most part…

You don’t want the token in a world whose technology has evolved, where there are farms to farm gold and that’s a business. Someday you have to stop feigning insanity.
19 years have passed.
You want WoW to bring you back to your adolescence, party lan and sleepless nights playing carefree. Without having to work or worry about tomorrow. Those times will not return no matter how much they took out the token. It’s the past.

1 Like

i give one year.

Bud i was in stormwind yesterday on sulfuras and we were only 3 people and a rogue getting rekt while trying to gank. Thats sulfuras, dungeon tablet is just empty always, sometimes 1 group show up looking for people. I know sulfuras is Bad in alliance right now, but it was great at Launch and first phase.

I just can’t play there wasting 1h for filling a group for dungeons Even when i’m the tank.

If you guys don’t want the wow token in the next som2, or fresh, best petition for changes like this:

I just hope this is not in preparation for a Cata transition.

I am hoping for a Wrath Era and, if they do Cata, put it on different separate servers.

haha right? RMT has been going on since the dawn of this game, but as soon as blizz wants to cash in, people act like it’s some new thing and it’s game over.

1 Like

As for me, the token is the only way my two sons can afford to play as a family (I certainly cannot afford to pay their subscription). For us, it’s a great deal. The kids farm intensively for about 3 to 5 days for a month of playtime.

Cheers and thanks Blizz,

This isn’t true, cheaper to buy gold elsewhere, much much cheaper

1 Like

Because none of this belongs in an RPG. Both are wrong for the game. It doesn’t matter if you’re buying from Gsellers or Blizz, neither should exist. You guys in here saying the token is no big deal since gold sellers exist are ignoring the core issue. This is an RPG. Advancing your character by paying rather than playing is antithetical to what an RPG is about.

1 Like

WoW Token coming to Classic Era after official HC servers release. Just be ready to uninstall.

It’s the new player base. They have no morality and just want instant gratification so that they can raid log and go play Fortnite. LOL

While you aren’t wrong. The fact remains that RMT will be in every MMO and has been in every MMO.

The only real way to stop it is for the entire playerbase to not participate. Which will happen…. Never.

Haven’t seen any gold trading on Bloodsail recently, no boosts either.
js but I don’t play with the “cool kids” so …

Not seeing it in chat doesn’t mean it’s not there. 100% it is guaranteed.

Anything might be happening. I’m happy that I don’t need to block boost and selling spam on this server. Before TBC launch I was using a chat filter, so this is an improvement.

Honestly I didn’t see much boost chat post LK launch on any of the servers I played. Some but nothing like there was during the heyday of classic era.

Good that it’s not so upfront but also doesn’t mean it isn’t happening either.

I’m not arguing that. I’m saying the SSF mode curbs it.

1 Like

I question how much. I think it definitely puts it more in the shadows.

Then again doesn’t really matter people gonna do what they gonna do. Skirting the rules is gonna happen by some regardless of what the rules are.