WOW Token Tanked so bad

I had 30k leftover from some alt gdkp runs so I bought 4 tokens for 6k each. That is $60 Blliz won’t be getting.

Except those tokens costed someone $80.

16 Likes

Im gonna get mad at people that were never going to group with me anyway

2 Likes

I’m really mad that some guy I don’t know bought a Flare for 300k gold

The same flare I got for free.

I’m furious

4 Likes

And the audacity of him to have gotten it 14 weeks after you did, such disrespect

3 Likes

On a flare gdkp with a few other good drops, the pot can be 25k, which is $60 for 3 hours of game playing…$20 an hour, not horrible wages if you are also having fun.

Oh yes I wasn’t saying anything about that

I was just saying blizzard is making money off the tokens.

Sure you aren’t paying the $15 but someone is paying $20 so you don’t need to spend that $15.

5 Likes

Yes I get that. Some people do have a lot of money, or a good credit line.

Exactly. The price is set by supply AND demand. Buying a Token with real money is supply side, The in game demand is where someone buys it off the AH for in game gold.

If more tokens are being supplied (with real money) than bought (with in game gold) the in game gold value of the Token will drop. This is where you have over supply and low demand. Prices would rise if demand exceeded supply.

1 Like

I have bought 4 tokens for game time and they were all around 5600/ea.

This the best free 2 play game.

3 Likes

Around 5200 now.

Keep going lower baby, I gotta get thru cata and mop!

1 Like

If that were the case blizzard would try to keep the amount of gold you get for $20 roughly competitive with what $20 buys you on the gold sellers sites. But now you’re getting half as much gold with your $20 than you can get on the gold sites. There are not enough people selling gold so the amount you get for your $20 token is plunging. This is the opposite of what happened when the token was added in retail. There was so much gold lying around in players accounts that there was so much gold on the market that the amount of gold you got for $20 kept going up and up.

Blizz will be getting $80 when someone buys those tokens for $20 each. They’ll get your gold for $80.

3 Likes

Yeah, that changed.

Its now universal “bankable” currency you see can anywhere. Its in the wallet like isk is.

Also account bound. all 3 char slots can see it.

Now you can remove it to be a personal item to leave in station. that is more for sharing cross account via trade/contract.

1 Like

If Blizz wants to stop the 3rd party gold sellers, then the token price needs to match them.

You’d think so, but the token seems to be selling fine even though you get half or less gold for $20 than from the gold sites. I’ve been surprised at what’s been happening so far when it’s so much better to buy from the gold sites. I see two possible explanations for why people are paying $20 for a token. They’re nervous about buying from a sketchy gold site and/or they’re afraid of a possible blizzard punishment if they do.

3 Likes

To echo Miregrim, it’s the same reason Steam’s existence is a massive hit to piracy; the amount of risk and the added convenience outweigh the additional cost to a large number of people.

Take Spore, for example: sure, I could sail the seas to Pirate Bay or something and pirate the game…but that takes the risk that what I get isn’t actually that game and is instead a virus or something, while just throwing $5 at Valve during a sale is not only much easier but also guarantees that what I’m getting IS the game I paid for and not something else entirely.

RMT sites come with the risk of getting your account hacked, your CC info stolen, punishment from Blizz…but the Token has none of that and is also buyable WITHIN THE GAME ITSELF, thus being simpler to access and infinitely safer.

4 Likes

I think they were looking to buy this and use it to buy battlenet balance, little did they know the fine print said you cant use it to buy battlenet balance… LOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Suckers paid for WoW tokens but cant use them to sponsor their bot armies in Classic Wrath so now they gotta go back to retail to do exactly that…

Every single Token is a 1 Month sub with a $5 USD markup. That’s exactly what the currency is.

So, you may not have paid Bliz $60 but someone else paid them $75 on your behalf.

3 Likes