WoW token for classic question

In retail, I know if your sub runs it’s course and you happen to have a wow token (or gold enough to purchase one) in your inventory and you opt to try and resub again it’ll put the token in place to renew the gametime (unless I’m mistaken).

Is this the same for WoW classic token?

For the record, I’m not looking to unsub or the like … just trying to see if the token is a good investment to sit on in the event I choose to let my sub lapse for any reason.

No, if your retail sub runs out completely, you would not be able to claim the classic token. You need to use it prior to the sub ending.

1 Like

Thank you for your response, but do you have a source in where you’re getting the information?

Note at the bottom where it states Available in Modern WoW only.

7 Likes

I appreciate it a lot. Thank you.

2 Likes

You’re very welcome.

1 Like

Good to know that they will no longer grant a day or two to get your gold in order, too.

1 Like

Unfortunately, with Trading Post and the Tenders granted from having active time on an account, it causes some complications so Support may not be able to assist in those situations.

7 Likes

Completely understandable! It’s just good to see it out in official Blizz capacity for future threads.

1 Like