WoW Token disappeared after use but did not receive game time

I went to redeem my WoW token on my level 10 character, but the transaction was not going through after 5 minutes so I canceled and relogged. Upon relogging my WoW token was missing and I did not receive my game time. I disabled my addons, relogged again, and the WoW token was still gone. Apparently, I can’t even put in a ticket on the matter and was sent here instead.

Try a proper UI reset

1 Like

See how the UI Reset goes. If things still seem amiss, try checking to see if the game time really was added here:

https://account.blizzard.com/games

Also, just to double check, the token you purchased was from the AH for gold correct? Those are the only ones that can be converted to game time.

If you still have an issue after all of that, you can put in a ticket here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/166/786/solution

You might also check to make sure you didn’t accidentally convert the token to Balance on your account.

Yes, I purchased the token from the AH with gold many months ago. I was saving it on this character for when I wanted to resub. I did the UI reset but still did not see the token. Someone recommended to check my balance, and even though I do see a balance which would appear like it was converted to that instead, I’m still unsure whether that balance wasn’t there to begin with. I usually get email notifications every time I use a token, but I didn’t this time. Also, the transaction history isn’t showing nothing from this matter.

I would open a problem with purchase ticket and explain the situation and see what a GM can do.

1 Like

Yup I did thanks. That link worked in order to get a ticket sent. When I tried earlier it was just giving me solutions. I’m pretty sure I chose game time and not balance. I just don’t know what my balance was prior to completely verify the situation.

Is the balance right at what a month of game time costs? If so, then the token was converted to balance, and you could simply use that balance to buy a month of game time. Note though that you cannot set up a subscription with balance so would need to buy a single month of game time instead.

So there are a couple of things to cover here.

1. The last token you purchased from the AH with gold was on August 14th, 2020. That token was used on November 23rd, 2020.
  2. The token you had in your inventory yesterday was created on August 14th, 2020.

There is a service in-game that, when you use a token, is supposed to confirm the token use was successful and then delete the item from your inventory. On occasion, it seems the second step to delete the item is unsuccessful. This leaves a “ghost token” in your inventory.

When you attempt to use the ghost token, it stalls. It pulls up the normal UI you would expect to see but never proceeds because the token has been used already. When you cancel the claim process, the service I mentioned earlier checks again to see if the token has been used and then deletes it.

This makes it look like you lost something, but actually you should not have had it at all to begin with.

We can confirm by checking the creation timestamp of the token that was in your inventory and comparing it to your token purchase history that this was one of those situations. I’m sorry for the confusion it caused!

7 Likes