WoW token coming to ERA?

I looked into them a while before classic was announced, and after it had been announced again. Every one I looked into, you could buy instant gear and level packages or exp boosts of some sort. The quests were full of bugs, talents and ability dmg was incorrect.

Why do you think most of the youtubers “class predictions” were completely out to lunch they based on pservers vs classic or what myself and other people experienced in vanilla.

Any server that would have been accurate and “better” than blizzards version would not have been free. Do you think whole groups of people Spent 12 hrs/day night shift/dayshift to upkeep and recreate a game for free?

If they have that ability, they could make their own MMO that would crush blizz, but that’s never happened so…

This is based off my personal experience of playing classic vanilla to current with the core players of one of the guilds I play with coming from pservers to classic. If there were better pservers, they would have left long ago.

Did not work in Retail so not sure why people think it would work here… Hell in retail it actually made botting more common; you just dont see it because the game has so many shards per server they’re effectively invisible.

1 Like

Oh I will concede that the pservers had their issues, but if you think the more popular realms were p2w you are mistaken. I will also acknowledge that when Blizz announced Classic WoW was coming there was a barrage of pservers launched looking to cash in on players “re-acclimating” themselves to the game.

If you know players that played before, during, and directly after Nost then I would ask them. They can verify what I’m saying.

I would also like to say that I am not doubting you found some shady pservers, there were plenty of those over the years. Even some that did what you claim in selling upper end gear. The ones I heard of though lost their playerbase because of it and were desperate to cash in.

2 Likes

Most players in guilds I played with are raid loggers. How were they able to buy flasks in classic vanilla for 300g a pop without playing more than the time it took to get world buffs outside of raids? Every week for months on end, get world buffs, log out, play other games, log in, raid, rinse and repeat. This was in a “casual guild”, so my experience is much different than yours.

I wouldn’t be surprised.

There’s still RMT and there’s still bots in retail. They just undercut the price of wow token gold instead now.

1 Like

You dont add monetization for the majority, You do it for the whales. I dont think you understand how monetization works. The whales are the super small minority and spend the most money by far. Check any video online explaining how to monetize games.

Up to this point, they have already bought millions of gold from 3rd party sites, so how does adding this to the game benefit them?

Its cheaper than from third party sites and now you can do it from within the games own rules thereby not having to risk being banned.

The true benefit is to blizzard, who now gets a majority of the money from gold buying. as opposed to before when they got none.

It doesn’t.

1 Like

This was the exact opposite of a casual guild. Casual guilds are not hyper min maxing the game. The guilds I ran with in vanilla did not post logs and many members didn’t bother with world buffs. You are running with a parsing guild, not a casual guild.

3 Likes

I’d go back instantly yeah. It isn’t as cut and dry as you claimed

1 Like

Who do you think buys most of the tokens off the AH??? Bots do

I never understood why one feels the need to buy gold. I get the whole “boosting” and GDKP, but I feel like that’s a waste of gold, when you can achieve these things for free :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

It hasn’t ended that in retail. Why would anyone believe it’d be different in Classic?

1 Like

I knew a ton of people that bought gold in 2019 classic, however, in my experience those players also would blow their money like crazy on stupid stuff and deathrolls.
Ive never bought gold before, but a lot of gold buyers in my guild thought i did because i always had gold. But the reason is because i went hard in phase 1/2 farming devilsaur leather and i bought consumables and materials months ahead of time that they would be relevant
I made about 9k gold and was able to make that last me the entirety of classic all the way to naxx by just being smart with my gold and doing stuff like farming my own demonic runes instead of buying dark runes and spending a few hours farming elemental earths every once in awhile.
The people that swipe their card are typically really loose with their gold because they can just keep swiping, but it isnt hard to have gold legit, especially if you’re a mage

1 Like

Playing to obtain items to progress your character is what an RPG is about. When you pay to bypass, you’re indicating you don’t want to play an RPG. Raid logging feels like you would rather have a raid lobby game. Perhaps they’d put a vendor in that lobby where you could swipe and purchase your consumables.
What a friggin joke.

3 Likes

I hope the WoW token comes to Era so when I use the HC Addon and can’t trade, I can just buy gold. No trading needed

You won’t need much, vendors aren’t very expensive.

I also would quit and i play retail too.