WoW token coming to ERA?

yup if it ever happens to vanilla, going back to PServers will be an inevitable choice for most of us…

9 Likes

You mean the same private servers that are filled with more bugs than classic and that are extremely pay to win?

I doubt there’s as many people willing to go back to p servers as you think.

2 Likes

No i just didnt check the latest news today.

Gold isnt as inflated on Era as it is on retail.

Agreed. In fact it appears as though there are a few fresh being discussed now.

My experience does not reflect this. In fact the above statement makes me think you never played.

This confirms my suspicion.

3 Likes

Better idea: permanently ban gold buyers. Don’t care if you bought 1g or 10000g, zero tolerance policy. And hire actual human being GMs to monitor the game and ban bots.

Keep this pay to win garbage out of vanilla.

4 Likes

So if people swipe their card and trade their real money for gold… that ends real money trading for gold? Mindblown.gif

1 Like

That guy needs a therapist, or if hes not careful, a cardiologist.

1 Like

People bought gold anyway…token is fine, people were buying insane amounts illegally…if this gets Blizzard to ban bots, I’m for it

1 Like

They would have to ban every single player then…i don’t you think know how wide spread RMT is…it’s 2023 not 1999, it’s here to stay in every single game…

Ban every player? way to out yourself. I haven’t bought gold in 20 years of playing wow and as far as I know most of the people I have played with don’t either. when I hear about people doing it I stop running stuff with them.

Super sus to immediately assume its a majority of the playerbase

6 Likes

Can guarantee you most of the wrath raiding population probably buys gold.

You can guarantee probably? hmmm

I played a few. I remember you could buy Sulfuras for like $400.

Maybe, but I doubt it. Others might be okay with the risk, but the threat of losing even temporary access to my account and missing raids is enough incentive for me to avoid RMT. I don’t want to do that to my team.

you’re the minority, majority of the community buys gold than buys items in gdkps…not sure you understand how majority play the game now, hence why the token was added.

Blizzard would have to ban majority of their customers…every game has RMT now it’s part of gaming in 2023.

I don’t think you realize how much of a bubble you are in. All players who claim 95% of players buy gold are in one. If all you ever run with are GDKP and speed running guilds, your perception is going to be massively warped. I’ve mostly run with casual guilds, and you’d be shocked how much fewer of them buy gold. Much of those players struggled with gold in TBC and vanilla throughout those iterations, largely because of bots hurting the economy and making farms less valuable.

1 Like

era has bots? Never seen a single one.

they… cant man… its classic era. I would actually quit if they did

4 Likes

I’ve heard of those but never played on one like that. There were several servers that had reputable administration and player bases.