"WOW SUCKS! Also i want WoW to suceed!"

Honestly, you can’t change people,if they wish to argue about something allow them to do so without being rude or criticizing back at them,it is pointless in all when it is an opinion than a fact.

5 Likes

People have opinions and not everyone plays the game the same way as everyone… but besides, why would it bother you if someone says if the game sucks, does it personally offend you ?

7 Likes

Well for one, it makes it unlikely for Blizzard to listen the constructive ones if there’s more unconstructive ones, so this doesn’t have a good effect to the game. And again, even if all they care about MAU’s, constructive criticism has an indirect impact on that as well. Because the criticism, isn’t just for Blizzard to read.

Two, is the unconstructive’s hypocrisy. Their the same people who complain about WoW sucking, still playing the game. Giving the impression that they will never be happy no matter what at some point.

I understand that people play differently, that’s never in question. But i don’t consider it a good excuse for why we have nonconstructive criticisms. There’s a reason why i’ve got those two groups here. To compare and contrast and show there’s better ways to go about it.

Overall, it’s something i think that honestly needs to be enforced in order to make feedback more valuable personally. To enforce against the unconstructive feedback and strongly encourage more for constructive feedback.

God forbid people have issues with an expansion but like doing aspects of the game still … Oh OP, how generalizations and blanket terms never work in your favor when you try to attack a certain group of people.

1 Like

That was never in question. It’s more or less how constructive your issue is.

Go back and re-read the OP to understand what i’m saying, or just move on from this topic. Were having a discussion.

How’s describing the group’s actions, “Attacking”?.. I don’t think you know what that word means Khronys. Not to mention, i don’t know why you’re offended about what i’ve said about the unconstructive criticism part, unless you’re one of those people.

There’s also the 3rd category, which is “It sucks, and I want it to fail, but I’m still paying a sub just to post here about how much it sucks”

1 Like

…That’s the first category actually. The unconstructive one. Just less honest about that part as i’ve said, they wouldn’t be happy either way.

There is a third category that is the extreme opposite of this, and that being… the people who thinks everything is hunky doory fine and complaining about it makes you look bad. And their more less honest about it then the first category. Or Shills if you will.

Two problems:

Your first problem is that the people in the first group are going to leave without having done the intensive analysis of what is wrong with the game and complete proposals of how to fix everything that is wrong. As paying customers, it’s not their obligation to invest time into fixing the game. When a lot of people are leaving, it’s the company whose product they are clearly unsatisfied with that should be figuring out what the company is doing wrong.

Meanwhile, a fair percentage of the people in the second group are tainted by survivor bias. They may not represent the playerbase at large, and certainly not if a large percentage of certain demographics have left, which skews the data further.

I personally don’t ascribe to the idea that players who aren’t happy are obligated or even able to analyze their feelings and generate massive treatises to help a company that seems to have a very limited interest about what would keep their playerbase playing.

2 Likes

Okay before i go on to respond to you Murdercarpet, i want to make a note that my thread was not meant to attack anybody. Describing their actions or anybody’s is not attacking, nor an open invitation to troll or harass anybody. It’s simply a thread of saying “if you wish to seek change, put in the effort yourself to convince people” and not just attack or berate people for disagreeing with you.

It’s sad that i have to say this, but it’s where i’m at considering my thread is flagged. Probally thinking my mind would be changed from that, but all it really does is hold my position here.

I would most likely just re-post this up in Twitter or something (off the forums if Blizzard disagrees with me on this, which would be strange given they ought to care about PR if the people telling me “They only care about money” is to be believed) if it is taken down. I would imagine it’s the because of the title though.

There’s a reason why i call them “unconstructive”. Sure, their methods may differ, but their results is …well, of what i’ve said a moment ago.

So the constructive people that are not biased in their critcisms are biased, yet those who are unconstructive somehow aren’t?

Can we as a collective species, stop using this in trying to imply the silent majority is actually okay with things? or like things just because they didn’t speak up? Because it’s pretty manipulative, all things considered.

Especially since we don’t know the large amount of people’s opinions unless they speak up. If going by this, there is no opinion we can pull from here.

That’s fine. You can leave without saying why you’re leaving. I’ve taken a break from this game without (usually) telling people i’m taking a break.

Judging by post history, I suspect that carpet is a member of the first group, who doesn’t actually like the game, but still maintains a sub to forum PvP.

1 Like

That is impossible to do on these forums, because people like you just baby shark people to death trying to gaslight them that their criticisms are wrong, and the game is perfect the way it is.

1 Like

Except i’m not saying the game is perfect. Did you actually read my thread before saying that? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :point_down:

Do i need to bring up threads and some posts i made, criticizing parts of the game?

…Maybe instead making up things i’ve never said, you go ahead read it?..

Can I give you a little advice here? Go outside, take a break from these forums, you’re spending way too much time here. 17k posts is just crazy. I’ve been seeing your name on here for years. You seem like you’re way too invested in this game’s reputation.

By the way, the game does suck, and it isn’t the job of the fans to fix that. The developers have gotten a mountain of feedback for almost a decade on what people don’t like about the game, and they just keep doubling down on the dumb systems, crappy story arcs, terrible class design. Honestly, this game has been bad for some time, the only reason it is survives, because WoW addicts like you and I keep giving them money.

Personally, I’m ready to uninstall this game for good. I hate the end game and how sweaty it has gotten, and the story and the theme of the last several expansions, including this one have just been bad.

2 Likes

So you have nothing to contribute to the discussion, and just here to troll…

Your opinion is well noted.

Yet you’re still here. Though you did say you’re going to uninstall so, maybe you realize it’s better to move on.

Again, understand the feeling, doesn’t really excuse being belligerent towards anybody who likes the game. And doesn’t excuse the lack of effort to convince others to do the same as you’re doing.

There are a lot of people who have been around these forums since they launched like 3 or 4 years ago who have a heck of a lot more posts than that— including myself. This is irrelevant to the topic and only serves as gaslighting, instead of having a conversation.

1 Like

No we aren’t. You started this off with a very arrogant and ignorant tone that is filled with generalizations. Some people here really need to learn HOW TO HAVE DISCUSSIONS and differentiate between discussion and mere veiled attacks at certain people.

When you over generalize and have a snarky tone in your post about the people you have issue with, that is to a degree, attacking said group of people.

Because it’s people like you, that think being constructive helps. And write off anyone who doesn’t give some specific reason to a thing that aligns with devs and their vision so they can classify it as CONSTRUCTIVE.

The devs get PLENTY of it. And only go with their own vision.

Sometimes people simply think it SUCKS.

So what?

Get a grip and grow up please.
This isn’t a cult, where only specifically worded posts are allowed. People HAVE THE RIGHT to have issues with a product they pay for.

I’m not trolling at all, you seem way too invested in people levying criticism against the game. Why do you care so much? This is just a video game mate, and the developers could care less about you.

I explained why I’m still here.

How was I belligerent? Sounds like you have made this game part of your identity, and are taking the criticisms as personal attacks.

I see this a lot across a variety of fandoms. It is a very common problem among people today.

5 Likes

Gaslighting, are you serious with this nonsense? The OP clearly has some odd obsession with this game, and maybe you do as well.

I’ve seen hundreds forum posts like the OP since 2004, people get super odd about people criticizing the game, these forums have always had their share of WoW fanatics and fanbois.

My point still stands, being that invested in trying to defend a dumb video game isn’t super healthy at the end of the day.

1 Like

I am, somehow, both of these people. I try to be constructive when I talk about the things I don’t like, but I’m dumb and also ugly, and lack the technical know-how to actually provide a decent solution.

1 Like

Yes.

Psychologists use the term “gaslighting” to refer to a specific type of manipulation where the manipulator is trying to get someone else (or a group of people) to question their own reality, memory or perceptions.

You trying to claim that there’s something wrong with people who have posted for years is absolutely that.

There’s more gaslighting.

People can post on a forum and not have an “obsession with a game.”

It’s a forum. It’s social media. Do you tell people on Facebook or Twitter or other social media that taking a few minutes out of their day to make some posts on their phone is an obsession or that they’re crazy?

If you want to have a conversation, then stick to the topic, instead of random irrelevant insults.

1 Like