"WOW SUCKS! Also i want WoW to suceed!"

Disclaimer:
To those who are about to comment “I didn’t read it”, please refrain from commenting, since saying “I didn’t read it” is not actually contributing to the discussion, and you’re more or less spamming/trolling, which goes against the CoC.

On with the thread.

There are two (well three, but the shills are exactly like the first category i’m going to discuss) types of people in the world when it comes to criticism to games.

1. Those who just spams "IT SUCKS" ...

…over and over again or try to hide it, while not moving on from something they claim it to “suck” though implication or explicitly said, and as well harassing anybody who likes something they think it sucks or call them out on their hypocrisy. Only for them then turn around to say the tired performative excuse of “i WaNt iT to SuCeEd!”… Relying on people’s benefit of the doubt or hoping they don’t notice the cognitive dissonance between their words.

I think it’s extremely obvious that i’m saying they lack the mental capacity and easily offended, while saying the other group is offended. Considering a few of them from this group, expose themselves to me on this thread. You can tell by the ones who shout …

• “THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME!!”,
  • “Wold Salad” or “i didn’t read it”
  • make up strawmans
  • Say i’m overgeneralizing without explaining how or why, or even where, just saying it,
  • Throw Ad-homs like “Go outside”
  • or take what mild praise i’ve given that doesn’t even have to do with the game itself even at the end of the thread here and try twisting it as if i’m a shill.

…and trying other ways to basically target and incite hatred to harass and ruin the thread’s discussion. I wasn’t originally focusing on them as much i do now, but i guess they want that so… da da.

2. And then there's people who give well done, constructive criticisms

… that not only have people consider the arguments made and come to their own conclusions based on those, basically having the capacity to change minds, which also in turn, has the capacity to convince Blizzard maybe to consider it, but it also shows the user making those arguments, are not afraid to move on if needed. And also understand if somebody else likes the game they don’t like as much.

The constructive people are what i would genuinely consider of wanting WoW to succeed. And would actually call what they said, “constructive critics”. And i meant that in a good way. Simply because they actually care enough to want to see success or improvement to a point where they will be constructive with their feedback with a game they once love. That and they know that anger and force, doesn’t always gets the message across pretty well.

Sadly, there isn't many constructive critics out there,

…and instead, there’s more of the or infact, too many of the… i guess no other way to say it but… WoW haters (the former).

See, i don’t consider constructive critics to be haters. Hatred has more to do with willful inaction of something they not only dislike, but wanting to judge others morally if they agree or disagree. They are not willing to make peace with anything or anybody until they get what they claim to want, or if it makes only them happy, not taking everybody else into consideration.

Now keep in mind, i'm not a fake positive "everything is fine" guy ..

…while World of Workcraft is burning, and hiss and spit venom at anybody who says otherwise like a snake protecting it’s eggs. I don’t own stock into WoW and personally to me, while i do genuinely like WoW and love to thank it for changing some aspects of my video game hobby playing for the better such as paying better attention to things, as well help my writing and inspire me to use blender much more regularly… i still keep in mind that this is a video game. And there are problems with it that i too like to see solved, or improved.

And also, i just came back from my 8th break from WoW like 4-5 days ago, if that’s telling how i think of WoW these days. I don’t hate it, i don’t particularly love it as much, i think it’s just okay, but can be boring at times. So, yes improvements please.

Constructive criticism effects public opinion about the game both inside and outside, that being the people who bought it and the ones who don’t. Not only causing people to unsub, but for outside people to not buy. This is what i meant by having the capacity to convince them. Blizzard isn’t going to listen much if you’re still paying them, but to only complain and play the game you dislike. And if you think this is untrue, why reviews are a thing then? Why people make constructive opinions on things? Because they know it has the power to indirectly effect their wallet.

Bit of a TL;DR for those who skipped ahead.. (minimum reading knowledge required)

I can recognize that if i want something to change, i have to put in actual effort myself to convince those to make those improvements and not just say "It sucks" over and over again and/or attack people who calling me out on it or who likes the game. If it doesn't work in the end, then i must know when it's time to move on. Or learn to make peace with it in someway. **And no, it doesn't have to be in detail either if you don't want to.**

And how ironic that in a thread where i basically ask “Do not attack people while making your critique”, i got attacked for daring to asking them to do the most simple thing in the world? make constructive feedback? lol?.. Thank you for showing why this is thread needed to exist.

And to those who genuinely understand my thread, or the general premise of it and wanted better feedback, you have my thanks. Have a taco. :slight_smile: :taco:

12 Likes

I didn’t want to read that word salad.
But going off the title I’ll take the politician route and say it sucks only half the time and Gomes are the causes of all of wows misfortune

3 Likes

Luckly for you, i’ve made you a TL;DR.

4 Likes

I’m not even going to read that.

9 Likes

…Then why are you here? Just to say that?.. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Because in the end. Wow and the developers are going to go the way they want, you can have all the constructive criticism you want in the world, it’s not going to change how they’re going to lay stuff out.

11 Likes

…Why didn’t you say this at the beginning then if that’s what you’re trying to say then? :man_shrugging:

I just want to spread my message that gnomes are evil and they’re the cause of all of wow’s misfortune.

7 Likes

…O…kay. I’l file your contribution to the topic to the “N/A, but has a funny joke” slot then.

2 Likes

And what exactly makes you think they will respond to nonconstructive criticism exactly?.. Or are you saying Blizzard wouldn’t listen regardless? Because if it’s the latter then, i can understand the feeling.

But the truth is, they have listened to people being constructive about their game. Or the people who don’t attack overs for liking the game the very least. Not all the changes are from what the Devs truely want. AP is gone because of our criticism on it.

They amount of constructive criticism that they receive in the PTR(s) back when thrall was a baby and they just went yea ok … And put it in the round file… I don’t know what to tell you my dude

2 Likes

Again, i understand you feeling that way that you feel constructive criticism is ignored.

But again, Blizzard does show they listen to us and do make changes with their Game and even get praised for it.

2 Likes

No my dude they listen to MAU nothing more nothing less… literally why they changed the ap system

2 Likes

I know you didn’t read my thread and even admit it, but it wouldn’t take you too long to discover i was even hinting about this as well. They were in the first 2 paragraphs of my OP.

Moving on, basically means unsubbing in this context.

So even if it’s a matter of “voting with your wallet” and Blizzard only listens to MAU’s, constructive critics still has a better effect then the former. Infact, their constuctive criticism having the capacity to change buyer’s minds, the people will be embolden to vote with their wallet. Which also affects MAU’s, and the MAU’s being directly and/or indirectly linked to the quality of the game. Which was detailed by constructive criticisms.

Do you see where i’m getting at now?..

no point in giving constructive feedback. it’s been proven over and over they don’t listen til everyone leaves so. i mean all the dumb lil things with blizz like secret discords and all that makes me not care. at one point when i actually came here near the end of wod i honestly tryed to be serious but the forums were already ruined. i really give no criticism of any game anymore there’s to many to care. i rarely play this anymore never will put real time in. from things like covenants to many other things it was make people scream this game sucks cause it just takes blizz forever to give in on something that clearly ain’t working and systems and on and on. and blizz ain’t the only ones guilty of just ignoring problems.

2 Likes

Umm…they make changes based off of feedback constantly…

1 Like

Wow does suck.
Or at least dragonflight, especially its current patch, does.
I think people have given lots of feedback on what they would need to see for this game to be fun. Ive given feedback on what 10.1 did so disastrously wrong.

At this point, im happy to just talk trash while we wait and see if blizzard actually puts effort in to 10.2

3 Likes

…and all the while they still play the game 7 days a week for years. There are so many people, especially in WoW that play every day yet hate the game.

1 Like

Pretty much. :point_up:

4 Likes