WoW streamers permanently banned on twitch for "naga" word

Update video on the situation:

just when you thought the world couldn’t get stupider.

Edit 5: Here’s more context with what happened with the bans, link pisted by Ozzyprime: https://twitter.com/DisguisedToast/status/1137442423250903040

TD:LR: Streamer says "Shot that naga!’ and the chat went crazy and race-baited him according to the twitter post right now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LivestreamFail/comments/by83cf/multiple_streamers_banned_for_referring_to_world/

Edit: Due to how many people don’t like the youtuber who went over the story first, I removed the link but there will be more information coming out on all this. Perhaps Bellular will do a better cover of the story once more is known.

21 Likes

On one hand I am interested.

On the other hand I don’t like giving that guy any views.

51 Likes

For those who dont want to watch a long winded video, would you care to express some of the details to discuss it?

8 Likes

Done! Made it as short as I could.

5 Likes

I am sure it boils down to some people talking about the Naga race, and how that can sound similar to a certain word…so twitch blanket banned them.

4 Likes

Every time you edit or someone posts, the page makes the video stop and I have to start all over. =/

Naga are not fish. They are sea snakes.

Murlocs are fish people.

8 Likes

Sorry, just had to restructure. Not making more edits, just added a reddit for people who don’t wanna watch him.

1 Like

This is, quite honestly hilarious.

14 Likes

I would have clicked that vid, if it was any other youtuber.

The guy is a professional negative nelly, complainer, and whiner. And it’s across all games too.

I can see how it’d happen, I’m sure they’ll work it out and reinstate them.

15 Likes

Well, Ive heard people use naga in place of that word a lot so I am not surprised. If I call someone that I know and they know what I am hinting at.

Now if they are just discussing naga thats a different story, but I can see banning or punishing someone for using it to get around using the other word.

14 Likes

I’m sure there’s no possible way that a streamer on Twitch Dot Television could ever use the name of a fictional race as a stand-in for a racial slur, and that there’s no way that those banned unfairly could appeal and get their accounts reinstated.

This is truly the death of freeze peach.

35 Likes

I can see why Twitch is banning these streamers…but I’m fairly sure I know what’s going to happen to this thread…

2 Likes

Hey man he’s got it figured out. Spend 2 hours a day making a video. Rant for a bit. Get mad at straw man SJW’s. Cash those EZ google ad checks from the hate crowd views on YouTube.

19 Likes

Blizzard is going to overreact and rename the naga “nazja” (as in Nazjatar) aren’t they?

11 Likes

On the one hand I am not at all interested.

On the other hand I don’t like giving that guy any views.

4 Likes

Careful with that edginess, don’t want anyone to get hurt!

6 Likes

This is the first I have heard of this, but I am almost 100% certain that the streamers in question used the word “naga” in the context that is was INTENDED to be confused with the other word. Intent is the issue, not the word. What was said? How was it used?

17 Likes

what word? how do you use the word naga in a sense that can be confused with another word?

11 Likes

So, is this why we’re raiding the eternal palace? To get a word pass from Azshara?

5 Likes