WoW starts and closes right away on my Mac after the patch

I patched, now when i open WoW, it pops up…i see the InGame mouse then it closes right away and tells me there is an error without an errorcode…pls help me.

6 Likes

Same issue here on Mac.

2 Likes

Ditto! Had this a while back and then they fixed it. Not again!!!

Thats such a BS, there a so many Mac useres nowadays that play WoW…why dont we get any support/attention?

3 Likes

same story. mac

Oh, and also Mac… GRRRR

Same here, too.

on Mac also and cant launch wow any fix for mac?

Same here. I tried deleting cache & repairing, restarting comp etc.

I did a fresh install and have tried to log in 53 times in the last 2 hours. I even changed my password, used my mobile hotspot on my phone. Nothing!

there is a separate mac technical support forum that has a thread on this issue. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/main-thread-crashes-on-launch-after-maintenance-jan-24th

it has no workaround but they’re working on it.

3 Likes

thanks buddy !

same problem here… classic works… dragon flight doesn’t

Update officially done… Still wont load… ugh.

WTF Blizzard? Please fix the crashing Macs

blizzard screwing over Mac users yet again. billion dollar company and they cant do anything right. what a joke

Long term player here and this is really frustrating. I’ve tried the folder renaming thing and that didn’t help.

Same issue…Launch client and it momentarily flashes to the hand pointer mouse icon on a black screen, then crashes. I am running on MAC OS 12.6.3. Removed all game files and re-installed and still occurs. Is tomorrow’s downtime going to fix this issue?

Opened a ticket. Let’s see what they say. After the three new updates, it still crashes.

I’ve opened 2 tickets so far. If everyone that is crashing would open tickets, maybe Blizzard can connect the dots to realize multiple iMac users are being affected.

The support queue doesn’t seem to understand they have a bug yet. It’s our job to make them aware.