WoW Shuts Down Computer

So launching WoW has started shutting down my computer.

1 - All my drivers are current.
2 - Happens when nothing else is running. WoW is the ONLY game causing this problem, and given that I play heavily modded versions of DayZ and other high resource games, it seems odd WoW is the only game causing this issue.
3 - I have run the repair tool to no avail. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game and attempted to launch with no mods or addons. Same result, computer shuts down.
4 - No components have been changed from factory default.
5 - Video card drivers set to default, issue still occurs.
6 - I have run both HWMonitor and Core Temp, neither processors or video card are outside of normal ranges for heat.
7 - Power management is set to high performance.
8 - Memory diagnostic tool reveals no issues with the memory.

I’m happy to include any DxDiag information that will help. This is bothering me quite a bit considering I just purchased BFA and can no longer play together with my wife.

1 Like

Probably not the issue but you didn’t mention cleaning cat hair/dust/dirt . It is possible that your vid card (or cpu) is simply overheating.

1 Like

if hw monitor is showing normal temps and your computer is just shutting clean off no restart or anything i’d be suspicious of your power supply failing.

Computer has been recently cleaned. During Cinemark CPU/GPU testing the max CPU temp was 74C that immediately dropped after the test completed.

Why would the power supply be an issue for just a single game though. The game will boot and load up to the character select screen, then the computer powers down. That doesn’t seem like power supply to me.

1 Like

can you post a dxdiag? Yes it is possible its the power supply it is common for it to start having issues in wow before other games do to the nature of the game
DxDiag
1.Press Windows Key + R.
2.Type DxDiag and press Enter.
3.In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
4.Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
5.Open the txt file above select all, copy and paste to this thread.
You can include the DXDIAG in a reply to the forum post. Place it between rows of ticks (`) for formatting:

Like this.

If it will not allow you to post the whole thing post it on pastebin.com just post the last section of the link see the highlight section below .
https://pastebin.com /y47kBy74

Wont let me post the whole link.
/Hxm55sST

Did you fix your issue?. After 8.3 patch my comouter keeps shutting down After I take a port or get any sort of loading screen in game. Today it shut down After I click the broom icon on my bags to sort all items. Got a NEW power suply and it keeps doing that. All driver updated. Dusted etc.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: PC Crashing only when playing WoW

Aye, I’m running into the same issue. It’s all dusted out

For most situations with the computer shutting down, it will not be caused by the game itself, but drivers or hardware issues interacting with the game improperly. We have an article addressing restarts and shutdowns in particular. I would like to check for any common hardware or drivers that might be causing this issue.

Akromarezo, Eloreith, and Zuldraku, would you be able to include a DxDiag file? Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~
1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: [Yazlee] WoW Shuts Down Computer