Wow popup book

This reminds me of those King Varian Wrynn commemorative jigsaw puzzles.

7 Likes

What exactly does it say?

Guess itā€™s real.

Thanks, I hate it.

2 Likes

Night elves arent real you know

8 Likes

ā€¦why make this?

Seriously, why does this need to exist? Itā€™s a pop up book, something arguably created for children, for a 15 year old game for Teens and up. And that isnā€™t even taking into account how it further breaks whatever pride Night Elf players had by making them all out and out damsels.

Is this going to be counted as canon too??? No wonder the story is such a mess; Thereā€™s a hundred different outside sources that all say different things. Have an easier time naming every ant in an ant farm.

7 Likes

I get you feel strongly about how Night Elves have been treated but this is a really bad post

yikes

6 Likes

I think it was mostly a joke on how a book probably geared towards a younger audience is being made on subject matter that was pretty adult to start, let alone with the direction Blizzardā€™s been taking it. A bit heavy handed, but Iā€™m interested to see what they actually talk about in it, and how.

I wouldnā€™t get my kid a pop-up book on the War of the Ring, let alone Warcraft.

3 Likes

Am I the only one that thinks that the popup of Teldrassil is really weird and tone deaf? It couldnā€™t have been a pop-up remembering Teldrassil the way it was before the burningā€¦nope itā€™s literally just the burning tree with no mention in the blurb about the civilians in said tree. Huh?

11 Likes

its literally both lol

man this thread proves that people just want to be mad

1 Like

Well Night Elf players may be mad, Iā€™m just kind of creeped out by taking an event Blizzard described as genocide, immortalizing it in a pop-up book while making no mention of said genocide.

Maybe itā€™s just me.

14 Likes

Itā€™s very weird in general. Warcraft isnā€™t a nice place at the best of times, and the writers have been driving it deeper into MoRaLlY gReY for a while now. Maybe if the book were an ā€˜explore Azerothā€™ pop-up, but that doesnā€™t seem to be the caseā€¦

1 Like

But thats literally the case, all it is is pop up of cities and places with small summaries of the history of those places.

1 Like

Teldrassil on fire seems to say otherwise, that itā€™s actually talking about the story. Weā€™ll see how it goes, though I feel this will be along the lines of Traveller, where the canon is dubious and nothing in it is mentioned anywhere else in any capacity.

I still find their views on night elves weird, but I find their views on many races weird in the last while.

I assume Dalaran, Stormwind and Shattrath will be there, places of tradgedy and in SW/Shattrath case genocide level tradgedies. I dont see non-night elf fans throwing a fit?

Why not? Hell Game of Thrones has a pop up book! It is a fun and geeky thing to well geek out about. Also, the irony of disparaging something as childish. You know what else some people thing are just for kids? Video games.

Kateira has the gist of it. The lore in it is insignificant and something we have know for years. Hell, this is basically a visual guide book all over again.

2 Likes

Yes cause the burning is a part of telds history now lol

Iā€™m fairly certain you know what Iā€™m trying to get atā€¦

Stormwind will no doubt be featured, I highly doubt theyā€™ll show it as it was when the Horde razed it. Dazarā€™alor is there, but in all its glory, no destruction at all. Itā€™s just an odd distinction to make.

7 Likes

Do you not understand the contextual differences between those cities being destroyed years ago in a book and rts game, versus Teldrassil being destroyed recently in a mmorpg with a fan base attached to the city since vanilla? How Teldrassil has been destroyed by a playable version of the Horde intended to not be the bad guys, in a way usually done by villains?

10 Likes

Also itā€™s on fire in the pic.

9 Likes

And if you pull the right tab it reveals the hundreds and hundreds of burning Night Elves that are otherwise completely unmentioned in the blurb.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised, in all honesty.

2 Likes